Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Cheap Paint 06 Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
Good luck with that. Not that I advocate tail gaiting, I think it should be punishable by death but if there are available projectiles, your not safe unless your parked in your garage.

Getting off the freeway with a car 60 feet in front of me, it crossed over the white line onto the shoulder and the next thing I know, BAM, my windshield cracked. I have also had two rocks come up from cars in an adjacent lanes and roll across my hood as well as seeing them bouncing three or four times in front of me with no real options but drive over them wondering if they will be heading down or on the rebound when my bumper gets to them.

I had a clear bra installed the day after my Z was delivered and to this day have no rock chips in the paint but I am on my third windshield. It's not the perfect solution but it's better than nothing.

San Jose is a projectile rich environment!

Chris
not saying its 100% fool proof, it helps alot, if you were to have looked at my 1 and half old bumper with 13k miles of driving, you would have thought it was brand new. it was virtually chipless, dentless and the paint was in perfect condition. i live in an area where the roads and freeways are in pretty bad shape, especially the freeway. not sure why my bumper has been spared, but my driving style couldnt have hurt.