Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I have a solution to the Nissan Service woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:01 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a solution to the Nissan Service woes

Nissans should be allowed to be serviced in Infiniti dealerships... Most of the parts are the same, Infiniti dealersihps in my area actually have 8 garages vs 4 or 3 for the Nissan ones.. What do u guys think? Once the nissan dealerships realize this, they'll start to become more even in class and quality as the infiniti stealerships
Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 PM
XV8DRVR

I've often wondered what would happen if we took our Zs there. Has anyone tried this?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:12 PM
LATEZ

most dlr will not be able to file warranty claims unless the owner owns both a nissan and ifiniti dlr. If your paying for the repair .. I would guess the dlr would not care if they have the parts for the repair
Old 04-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Nissans should be allowed to be serviced in Infiniti dealerships... Most of the parts are the same, Infiniti dealersihps in my area actually have 8 garages vs 4 or 3 for the Nissan ones.. What do u guys think? Once the nissan dealerships realize this, they'll start to become more even in class and quality as the infiniti stealerships
Nah.. they will just go out of business.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:21 PM
showstoppertk

wouldn't dealer repair claims go through different routes? don't nissan claims go through NNA and infiniti claims go through INA? besides which the $/hr charge is higher via infiniti right? my company owns both toyota dealers as well as lexus and they don't allow you to take the cars to both.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:23 PM
plumpzz

thats just retarded. In a few years, nissans and infinitis will be using ALL the same parts, and we still wouldn't be able to go to them?
I bet toyota will come out with a marketing scheme in which you can go to lexus or toyota for warranty, and make a lot more money than nissan...
Old 04-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Lemans350

i havnt seen a seperate infiniti/nissan dealership up here. They are always in the same building.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:41 PM
showstoppertk

Originally Posted by Lemans350
i havnt seen a seperate infiniti/nissan dealership up here. They are always in the same building.
interesting, although not surprising. a couple of our toyota dealerships also sell chevy. hows the service at those dealers?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:48 PM
LATEZ

well labor rate for a same job may be different for a same part # in infiniti claim it may pay certain labor hours and in nissan flat fate may pay different hours as the part may be easier to remove , not all parts are interchangeable (rear wiper, Hydraulic arm for rear trunk or deck)

Last edited by LATEZ; 04-12-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Lemans350

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
interesting, although not surprising. a couple of our toyota dealerships also sell chevy. hows the service at those dealers?
Not great as one would expect. I am afraid to take my car in for the latest recall after reading how involved it is. Atleast the inifiniti elite are suffering the same
Old 04-12-2006, 03:52 PM
ZlleH

My Nissan dealership is attached to the Infiniti dealership. My car is serviced in the same garage and the same mechanic that work on the Infiniti cars. The customer service when you drive in both serve Nissan and Infiniti. The only seperation is sales people.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:46 PM
WUTARAG

I called one today and they said they cannot do Nissan warranty work.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Derratte

Here in the Seattle area, we have seperate Nissan and Infiniti dealerships. I live 3 miles from an Infiniti dealer, but over 18 miles from a Nissan dealer. About a month ago I needed to have a brake job (new rotors, pads) on my Nissan Pathfinder, and I decided to pop in at the Infiniti dealer to see what they had to say. As it turns out, they said that they were more than happy to work on my Nissan, and in fact, they price-matched the local Nissan dealer on parts and labor! I was thrilled, and ended up getting a G35 sedan as a loaner car for a day. They said that they can get the Nissan parts just like the normal Nissan dealers, so it looks like I'll be having my service done at Infiniti from now on. Their customer service is really good.

Ill have to drop by with the Z and see what they have to say about servicing it in the future. I would bet that they will, seeing as how it is so similar to the G35c. Assuming I dont need some type of service that is specific to the Z, I think it should be ok.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Derratte

Originally Posted by WUTARAG
I called one today and they said they cannot do Nissan warranty work.
Thats strange, my local Infiniti dealer told me the exact opposite about my Pathfinder. See post above.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:42 PM
LATEZ

Originally Posted by Derratte
Thats strange, my local Infiniti dealer told me the exact opposite about my Pathfinder. See post above.

that was not warranty repair
Old 04-13-2006, 05:21 AM
maxpowers

I don't blame Infinity, they are having a tough enough time as it is building brand equity (to be inline with Lexus BMW etc.).

Part of building that is not associating yourself with Sentra's and Xterra's. Could you imagine the look on those snobby Mercedes Benz owners face if a Dodge Neon rolled into the dealer for service.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:15 AM
SpeedRcr

The only way that warranty work be done at the other dealership is that if there is not a nissan dealer for your nissan within reasonable distance and then they can file a claim...
Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 AM
stevem

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
The only way that warranty work be done at the other dealership is that if there is not a nissan dealer for your nissan within reasonable distance and then they can file a claim...

I hope this is true. I have on '04 G35X as well as an '05 350ZR. There are no Infiniti dealerships left in Vermont, as the only one closed one year ago. My closest Infiniti dealer is 150 miles away in Mass. My G35 was throwing a service engine soon code and I couldn't get gas into it, the nozzle kept popping off every 3 seconds. I was forced to take it to the local Nissan dealership and they gladly fixed the vent problem (clogged, replacement with labor cost $165). However, they informed me right up front that they couldn't do warranty work on Infiniti's and I made the decision to spend the money versus giving up a whole day and taking it to Mass.

I subsequently called IFS and got the standard response "sir, we are unable to cover work done at a Nissan dealership, blah, blah, blah". They took down my information and I'm expecting a letter anytime telling me sorry, but your out of luck. They're all the same, dealerships, government entities, etc., stall long enough and the poor jerk will just go away.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
SpeedRcr

if you call first and open a claim then explain the distance thing...someone else did that because they had to drive 300 miles and they paid for the repairs
Old 04-13-2006, 09:26 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by Lemans350

Where in Canada are you?

Over here (Ottawa) both Nissan and Infiniti dealerships are seperate from eachother, however they do share the same building.

Quick Reply: I have a solution to the Nissan Service woes