Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Trip to the Dealership..

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:07 PM
rmesola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't generalize all dealers coz mine is the best around... agreed they may not have the parts right away, but they fixed my fuel tank (didn't fill full), aligned my tires, replaced by hutch stays with stronger ones (not nismo but definitely as strong)

And I definitely call before picking it up...
Old 04-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Vamos_Rafael

which dealer r u referring?
Old 04-16-2006, 07:34 PM
seabass

right if the dealership and the techs werent 16 year old high school drop outs
never trust anyone at those stealerships

To me sound like they tried to be cool at first, order parts without "dupilcating" the problem. Cd player in my wifes jeep sometimes doesn't eject, dealer has to witness the problem before replacing it.

They also gave him a loaner, didn't have to, unless he has a extended warranty.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:08 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Actually, I do kind of feel bad for blowing up on them, but I still believe that I was not overreacting as I've had to deal with so many problems.

I should have taken all the CDs out and that was my bad, but still they could have ejected all of them and not just one and then lie about it and cover that lie up with another lie.

They did have to give me a loaner as they said if it takes more than a day, they are required to give me one. Transmission alone was going to take the whole day, so it was a 2 day job anyway.

I am going to choose not to reveal this dealership's name, unless the person asking lives around my area, then I believe that I am obligated to share the information as I do not want other fellow Z drivers to go through the same ordeal.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:09 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Oh, my clutch doesn't slip. In fact, I think my transmission is a whole lot better than it was better. I just don't like the fact that my clutch feels like an S2000's clutch rather than a Z clutch. It's way too easy to depress and it feels a bit uneven when being depressed.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by seabass
To me sound like they tried to be cool at first, order parts without "dupilcating" the problem. Cd player in my wifes jeep sometimes doesn't eject, dealer has to witness the problem before replacing it.

They also gave him a loaner, didn't have to, unless he has a extended warranty.
i thought major service loaner was required
Old 04-16-2006, 09:00 PM
rolling

wow they replaced you tint???

that isnt even required or covered!! thats lucky..

i agree about the highschool age guys working on any new/ complicated cars.. NO WAY!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:22 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

yea.. major service's require the dealerships to give their customers a loaner.. the tint thing was kinda lucky.. but the tints look lighter somehow.. and they said these ones have a little bit of chrome in it, which i don't see.. but o well

anyway.. what would you guys do in my situation? should i keep raising hell and get something out of it? or just let it go and just get my windows adjusted?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:59 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you over-reacted considering the work you were having done. Sure it's a big inconvenience but you should have expected that. I bet the dealerships come to really hate picky 350z owners. The cd's - ya that was your fault - they have signs posted to take everything out of your car that you don't want before dropping it off, because they aren't responsible if it comes up missing. I swear I had a 100 dollar bill in my center console!!!

When I took my car in with a list of things for them to look at, they looked it over and decided everything I mentioned was a legit problem and was covered under warranty so they had to order parts. I was very nice to them and they were very nice to me. I took it back a few days later and they did all of the work to my satisfaction, besides scuffing the hell out of my rims when they changed the front tires. So they had my front rims repainted and they looked as good as new. Sure it was an added inconvenience but they took care of it and that's all that matters. I received a customer satisfaction survey in the mail, and filled it out online. I gave them very good reviews, I even mentioned they scuffed my rims and took care of it no problem. I also selected the option to make it visible to the dealership who filled out the survey. Needless to say the next time I went in they were extremely nice to me.

Getting irate with the people trying to help you is not going to make your problems better, it will just make them worse. Mistakes are going to happen, it's inevitable. Humans aren't perfect. Even if they are trying to get over on you or treating you badly there is no reason to even get mad - get even. It's very easy to do and you're in control unless you drop the ball.

I say be persistant and get your problems fixed. You're entitled to it. You might even try a different dealership if you have tainted relations with the previous one. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:05 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

i didn't really b!tch at them for sending the CDs with the player.. the fact that they lied is what got me.

i only began getting really upset when the car was found to have problems friday after i picked it up.. friday was when i got really mad.. the other days, i decided to be pretty nice and lenient about it.

yeah, not getting mad and getting even is worse than just getting mad. where are your morals?

like i said, i'm being patient and waiting for them to call me. i'll most likely get the windows fixed at the real local dealership here near where i live.

Thanks for your opinions. They're much appreciated.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:35 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About getting even - maybe you misunderstood me. I meant there are professional routes for recourse if someone at the dealership is doing something that is inappropriate, rather than throwing a temper tantrum, because the latter will not solve anything except make you look like a bafoon. If you are being treated badly, all you have to do is complain to the right people. Everyone has to answer to somebody.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:28 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

true.. i did misunderstand you the first time. and you're right. which is why i decided to stfu for now and wait for their call.. again thanks for your opinion.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:37 AM
stein

Sounds like most stealerships, not just Nissan either! They'll always lie to cover up their mistakes! I wouldn't have any more service done by that place at all! Save yourself some time and peace of mind and forget about them, eventually you might get your CDs back. Find another shop to adjust your windows, it's trial and error finding good service but they're out there. Check the BBB for complaints

As far as dealing with the service dept, you need to be specific, firm and friendly. As soon as you become an A-hole you’re going to get pushed out the door with a half azz job.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:44 AM
JMS350Z

Jeez man, that sucks! I guess I will have to find another dealership to take my Z to. Hope everything works out. Would it be possible to make a "STICKY" of good and bad dealerships for each area in the "Regional Forum"? I think it might be a good idea to have a place where we could share our experiences with different dealerships. Just an idea!
-jason
Old 04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by jsupetran
Ugh I hate dealerships. FYI, you totally needed to take out all belongings as poeple who work at the dealerships can't be trusted. My sister pt cruiser had work done and the technicians stole her all of her parking coins!

Makes you nervous to even take the thing to any dealership. I'm always nervous taking any car in. The only thing I can think of when they drive it is they are just a valet. Anyone that believes that these "kids" don't drive it like it is stolen are mistaken. I'm starting to steam just thinking about it!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Bee Ess Pee
right if the dealership and the techs werent 16 year old high school drop outs
never trust anyone at those stealerships
-.-...
i swear after they did the tranny and claimed they replaced the clutch
im slipping alrdy and i drove the damn thing for 3000 miles and i havent even done any cluch dropping burn outs or clutch popping drifts yet!
replaced the clutch my **** -.-
Sad, but true. Too bad we can't all be our own mechanics.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:24 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Actually, I do kind of feel bad for blowing up on them, but I still believe that I was not overreacting as I've had to deal with so many problems.

I should have taken all the CDs out and that was my bad, but still they could have ejected all of them and not just one and then lie about it and cover that lie up with another lie.

They did have to give me a loaner as they said if it takes more than a day, they are required to give me one. Transmission alone was going to take the whole day, so it was a 2 day job anyway.

I am going to choose not to reveal this dealership's name, unless the person asking lives around my area, then I believe that I am obligated to share the information as I do not want other fellow Z drivers to go through the same ordeal.
I would bet that any other person on this site would have done something very similar. I do not feel you went over the top. I also feel that sharing your experience with everyone waiting and also having the same problems was something that everyone should do. Word of mouth is the best way to make sure somebody else does not have to go through what you did. I assume in the future you will be dealing with a different dealer in that area.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Ztalker

consider yourself lucky at least no grease monkey at the service department placed nails in your tires. i once had an experience like that back in 02 with a jetta after numerous failed services.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
rolling

have you tried talking to the General manager/ Owner?

maby he might like to know how his customers are beiing messed with..

and the fact that you are voicing your problems to thousands of reader and EX-potential customers hehe theres also Nissan customer no-service to complain to...
Old 04-17-2006, 05:28 PM
arejohn

A man should be proud enough to sign his work and credit sould be given as credit is due- good or bad. Let the truth be known. Who are these bozos?

Quick Reply: My Trip to the Dealership..