Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

? what made you buy a Z..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Impactpeople

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was leaning towards the S2000 at first and they were giving me a hard time at the dealership. So I ended up looking around for a better car that fit my life style, I knew that the S2000 is a little to small and I worried about the soft top. Plus didn't like folks asking for rides hahaha, also wanted more space, a car that was sexy for everyday use. The 350Z is my 1st. car purchase so I wanted a car I would keep for years to come.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:47 PM
pacificwindsurf

When I was in college I always liked the Nissan 300 ZX's I would see on the freeways. I had a Nissan pick-up that ran perfectly forever and ever, so when the 350 Z came out I totally fell for it.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Donny_b

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just a Z freak. This is my 3rd Z car. 300ZX, 300TT, and the 350. I'll always have one. I'll would love a GTR when it comes out, but the price may be a little steep for me.....db
Old 04-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted another RWD sports car. I wanted to buy American, but the big 3 have NOTHING for me.

My choices came down to the following:

GTO - amazing power, and very nice interior. Could not get past the exterior styling. I could not pay 30k and have a car that looked like this.

2009 (?) Camaro - I was going to hold off and wait for the new Camaro when it came out. But seeing how GM is axing off their RWD platforms, I could not sit and wait for something that might not ever happen.

2002 Camaro SS - like the GTO, amazing power. But, I already had a 94 Camaro, and I wanted something different. This would have been the cheapest car in the bunch, but I really wanted to buy new and I wanted a car that wasnt like my current one (at the time).

06 Mustang GT - another nice powerful car. But, I really wasnt sold on the interior design, and I didnt want a car that I'll see all over the road in another year or two. WAY too many Mustangs around here.

06 STI/EVO - nice performing cars. High insurance. Hate the exterior styling. No need for 4 doors / 4 seats. Thought about it for maybe 8 minutes. No thanks.

06 RSX-S - Cheap car. This would have been the most economical of the group. I liked how this car came fully loaded for around 23k. But, the exterior design was too bland, and I was cramped sitting in it. And, I really didnt want a FWD car.

05 RX-8 - Very nice car. My parents have an 05 automatic. The car does have decent acceleration....compared to my 94 Camaro It has nothing on the Z. But no, I do give this car alot of credit. This one was 2nd on my list. If I could have gotten a deal on a fully loaded GT package, I might have been tempted (Mazda was offering some deals up to 8000 off MSRP). But, after driving my parents car a few times, I really didnt have much headroom with the sunroof. And if I was getting that car, it would have it. That being said, I never got around the driving the 6MT model. From what I've heard, its a totally different car than the 4AT. I should have probably driven it before getting the Z, but I have no regrets now.

06 Z - I never really considered this car until my parents bought their RX-8. I was dead-set on getting an RX-8 when the time came to get a new car. I never even looked at the Z much. I just got my reviews from the RX-8 forums, and I remember the comments that people made such as: the car is a brick, it looks like a bar of soap, and its too heavy. But, once my parents told me that they bought a Winning Blue RX-8, I was heartbroken (so to speak). So, I decided to see what else was out there. That day, me and the gf went to the local Nissan dealer, and they had an 05 SS Touring model on the lot. I was blown away. It was the first time that I really got a good look at one up close. I fell in love with the lines on the car. Thats when I read up more and saw the numbers...287 hp...0-60 5.5 secs...1/4 mile 14.1...amazing handling. I had to drive it.

This car has it all. I have no need for a backseat. It suits the job just fine for driving to work, getting groceries, and going out on the weekends. After having the car for almost a month now, and finally getting past the break-in period, I am getting to see how amazing this car really is. Lets just say that 3rd gear put a HUGE grin on my face today driving home from work. Coming from a car with only 160 hp, the 300 on the Z really throws you back into the seat. I'm in love.

I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so
Old 04-20-2006, 10:15 PM
FibreGuy

That movie they made in Prague in '03-04. Something like 15 cameras, 3-5 chase cars, helicopter, When I saw that, I knew I had to have one someday. All it took was a trip to BC in my Dodge diesel, getting 12 mpg in town and 23 on the highway and having to pay $1.10 per liter. Bought the Z 4 days later.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:29 PM
brigz

I wanted to buy a used 300zx and was interested in 240sx's before in highschool but then when i heard a concept was going to come out i said to myself that i would get this car whenever it would be sold to the public again. And so now I have one
Old 04-20-2006, 11:08 PM
ASTIG_Z

I didnt even think about buying the "Z" but I am happy that I did. I didnt even do any research on the car. I was really looking at the G35C but i thought that if the Z and the G were both built by nissan, the why not go get the sportier one?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:34 AM
turbogsr10

I've always liked Nissans. My first car was a Maxima. Then I went to Honda for awhile. But after that I had a 97 240sx and loved it. Although it still had the stock motor, that car was fun as hell. But I wanted something that was nicer, faster, more comfortable, with a few luxury features (heated seats, NAV, HIDs). That and I really didn't want to go through the trouble of swapping an SR20 into my 240. So I got the Z and spent the money I had for the SR on a supercharger. I think it worked out pretty well.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:03 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I've always wanted a sports car.. I'm still single and no kids. I thought about getting a used vette or boxter or something else.. but when I found the Z and it's price (for a new one) I fell in love. Even if I could have gotten a vette or boxter for the same price I would not have. The Z is pretty exclusive here in Michigan.. the car makes me smile every time I drive it...even more so when I can open her up

Long story short.. I wanted a car that made me happy.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
NissanGuy

Originally Posted by taurran
I saw a Daytona Blue coupe driving down the street in Roppongi, Tokyo in the fall of 2002, and at that point I knew I had to have one.
I love Roppongi
Old 04-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Metal Heart

I'm 21 and I've owned 17 cars since I was 16 (Paid for em all myself, cuz I know someone will ask). I was NEVER happy... I was always interested in the Z from the get go. I ended up working for a shop who advertises on this board and does a lot of Z/G work and the more I worked there the more I fell in love. I figured I'd buy a nice used one. I wanted to find a Enthusiast model or better for under 24k with under 30k miles on it...
I happened to be browsing the internet one night and found my dream Z-car. A 2003 Redline Track Edition... I too, didn't favor the red color, then I saw it in person and fell in love with the color. I'm happy as pie with the car. I don't see getting rid of it anytime soon... in fact I see twins in the future.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Suvlaki

Why did I buy a Z..? Why not? Best car around, IMO. Bought it, have been happy since day 1, have never been unhappy with it, and it never gets old. Oh, and because Jesus told me too also. I think Jesus works for nissan...
Old 04-21-2006, 07:11 PM
wrxroggie

it was time to turn in my wife's civic and I was driving a WRX wagon. she didnt really care what she drove and a family friend was selling his Z. so now she drives the subie and I am driving the Z! oh and the test drive, I was sold as soon as I turned the key.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Fletch69z

I've always wanted one since it was just a concept. Because of the work that went into it. The way that they designed it because they loved it before Nissan even approved building another Z. Also, the heritage and the symbolism of what it stands for (great performance for an affordable price).
Old 04-22-2006, 10:08 AM
icice9

ive owned a z forover 17 years now. a z was my firt car.. ive done pretty much all i could do with my 280ZX so when it was time to get a new car... the only car that i really wanted was the 350Z... i cant see me in anyother car....
Old 04-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

I bought my Z cause my Evo was a peice of $hit.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:56 PM
bpoche

I had a 93 2+2 and a 90TT now i am ready for a 350Z i will hopefull get mine next week.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What made me buy a Z you say? Well its quite a story. I am in my 2nd year in college and I knew it was time for me to part with my (old) baby.. a 96 Celica GT. She had around 170,000 miles on her and she still ran like new but she was aging. So I am at the mall with my gf and you know how they have those enter to win this car contest. So I see this beautful dark blue 2 door. I was like what is that. It was a G35 coupe. After I spent about 10 mins looking at the lines and reading the window sticker I was like wow I want this car. 280hp, variable valve timing, RWD, 6spd, FM platform, brembos all for 34K. I was sold. So I go to the Infiniti dealership and I was like lets test drive her. After waiting in the showroom for 30mins I finally asked the salesman can I get some help about this car please. He comes over asking me for my info, age, etc. Then he says do you plan on buying it. I say no just a test drive. Then he goes come back with your parents and if you buy it here, we will let you test drive. I was like . I may look young.. I was 20 at the time.. but WTF man. So I gave him the bird, got my info back and left. So then I said let me go try the Z. I knew both cars shared the same platform so I go to Performance Nissan and as soon as I walked in was greeted very respectfully and within 10mins was pulling out of the driveway test driving a black Track model. Put it in 1st winded her up and from there I knew I had to have one. The exhaust was music to my ears. So after 6 months of researching I knew exactly how I wanted the car. I did try the S2k, RX-8, the Z4, and a 330i but none of them put a grin on my face like the Zed. So after scoring good on my MCAT's my folks were like we are gonna buy you a car and I told them what I wanted. At first my mom said get the G but I said no the Z is better. 2 weeks after that I picked up my SS touring made exactly how I wanted it from PN and never been happier. I bet you if I test drove the G, I would be driving that right now.

Last edited by Nismo 350z; 05-03-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Joey P

I honestly never even heard of the car, nor made any connection to the 300zx, but I saw it on the 1st need for speed underground. I played it on new years of 2004, and absolutly whooped ***. Ever since then I've been obsessed with it and have the models, toys, pics, etc..... to prove it.

Quick Reply: ? what made you buy a Z..