Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealership Is Killing Me....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 11:57 AM
IslandZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Is Killing Me....

Ok, so I have read some of the post that dealt with this problem before and I'm seriously sick and tired of my Nissan Dealership BUT heres my issue...stupid window motor regulator problem. I know I'm not the only one, but I had my passenger side replaced....fine, it was under warrenty...now my driver side window is jacked up and of course...not under warrenty...Dealership said its gonna cost $598!!!!!! to fix my damn window....they said the part alone is like $300!?!? Should i bend over and just take one?!!?!? hahah...i feel like im gettin ripped....any advice or feeback please!!!!!!

Thanks...

Brian
Old 04-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IslandZ
Ok, so I have read some of the post that dealt with this problem before and I'm seriously sick and tired of my Nissan Dealership BUT heres my issue...stupid window motor regulator problem. I know I'm not the only one, but I had my passenger side replaced....fine, it was under warrenty...now my driver side window is jacked up and of course...not under warrenty...Dealership said its gonna cost $598!!!!!! to fix my damn window....they said the part alone is like $300!?!? Should i bend over and just take one?!!?!? hahah...i feel like im gettin ripped....any advice or feeback please!!!!!!

Thanks...

Brian

If you're out of warranty, personally, if I were you, I'd do it myself and locate the part from somewhere else. (maybe even from a graveyard)
Old 04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If the car is not under warranty then it is simply not under warranty. You have to pay.

What you might do is check with a trusted shop (not Nissan) and see if they can get you a non-genuine Nissan motor.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Everybodywildou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well dont our motors have some sort of special thing where it will roll down the window if there is resistance to it going up? That might be a problem
Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 PM
rmesola

Originally Posted by Everybodywildou
Well dont our motors have some sort of special thing where it will roll down the window if there is resistance to it going up? That might be a problem
don't quote me but I think a lot of the newer motors have this feature as a safety issue
Old 04-22-2006, 03:06 PM
MA4

what's wrong with it? mine rolls back down 4 inches if i use the auto-up function, so instead i just use the intermintan position on the window up button to raise the window until it stops. Also, did you try re-setting the windiw motor?
Old 04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Z_U_L8R

Originally Posted by russ713
If you're out of warranty, personally, if I were you, I'd do it myself and locate the part from somewhere else. (maybe even from a graveyard)
Graveyard ?!?
Old 04-22-2006, 03:12 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_U_L8R
Graveyard ?!?
= junkyard.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Everybodywildou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by explortainment
what's wrong with it? mine rolls back down 4 inches if i use the auto-up function, so instead i just use the intermintan position on the window up button to raise the window until it stops. Also, did you try re-setting the windiw motor?
yeah you should get that fixed cause a 350z I test drove had that problem
Old 04-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_U_L8R
Graveyard ?!?

hey, i thought it was funny.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Gering

I had the same problem and Baytown Nissan fixed for free!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Kabs

Originally Posted by explortainment

Mine does the same exact crap....how do you reset your window motor?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Gary King

If you came in with that big a$$ gun that's in your avatar, I'd fix it for free too!

Originally Posted by Gering
I had the same problem and Baytown Nissan fixed for free!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:41 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary King
If you came in with that big a$$ gun that's in your avatar, I'd fix it for free too!
lol, good find
Old 04-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Gering

Originally Posted by Gary King

Yea it is pretty fun to shoot. Its my Barrett 82A1 50 BMG.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Gary King

50 BMG, Man that's serious! Should be BM"F"G. That's got to be fun to shoot. I've heard of gun clubs in Colorado that shoot those things at ranges where you shoot from one Mtn top to another one over a mile away.

Originally Posted by Gering
Yea it is pretty fun to shoot. Its my Barrett 82A1 50 BMG.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:51 AM
grifferjr

Thanks...

Brian
Unfortunately your dealership is not ripping you off. That is the price for the part and then they have set fees for how much they charge for labor depending on the job. This happened to me about a year ago or so. The quoted price was right at 600 bucks.

Your best bet is to do as the previous response suggested. Find a used one that still works. Check local junkyards and such. It has to be a 350Z though. I originally hoped that our cars shared the same window motor as an Altima, Maxima, or even a G35, but unfortunately they are unique to the Z. If you cant find a junked one, then check around this website for someone parting their Z out for racing.

This is what I did. Paid only 100 bucks for the motor and then had an independent auto shop around town do the install for 50 bucks. Much better than the 600 from the dealer.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:05 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Had the drivers side replaced under warranty. Passenger side was coming down on auto-up and I had to pay $45 for "reprogramming" even though I am still under warranty, as "adjustments" are only covered for 12/12,000. Seems like the window motors are a weak link; makes me glad I got the extended warranty.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:17 AM
will350z

Thanks...

Brian
Yeah if you don't have the extneded warranty you're screwed, both my motors crapped out on me and it cost me $100, $50 a door... It sucks, but it was better than the $500+ they quoted me w/o warranty.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 AM
grifferjr

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Had the drivers side replaced under warranty. Passenger side was coming down on auto-up and I had to pay $45 for "reprogramming" even though I am still under warranty, as "adjustments" are only covered for 12/12,000. Seems like the window motors are a weak link; makes me glad I got the extended warranty.
Dont be so sure that the extended warranty will cover the window motor. I have the extended warranty and it did not cover it. There are different levels of warranty but mine is the "gold package". It covers all deductibles and payments. But only for things that are considered essential for the operation of the car: drivetrain, engine, A/C, and such. The cars peripherals are not covered. I was dumbfounded over this and even went as far as to call Nissan themselves and even they upheld the dealer and said the window motor is not under the extended warranty.

Sucks!!!

Quick Reply: Dealership Is Killing Me....