Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Zisme If It Is True????

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 04:02 AM
350zpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no .. he did not say that. Nissan has no control over their dealers.
The only thing they are doing is with the pre-order trying to marginalize the markups by sending rotten dealerst less cars on the secondary shipments.

Good luck with your purchase, dont let them swindle you
Old 07-07-2002, 04:04 AM
brackethead

You're not going to find an official copy of that MSRP directive. AFAIK, dealers can set their own prices, be it MSRP, $1000 below (yeah, right), or $5000 above. But Nissan is recommending dealers sell pre-order cars at MSRP and not above. They have a decent profit built in to the MSRP. And it's up to us buyers to go elsewhere if Joe Dealer wants to gouge extra profit.

There are plenty of dealerships selling at MSRP. If a dealership doesn't sell all their pre-order allotments (e.g., because their prices are too high) then Nissan will reallocate to other dealers who need them (and are most likely selling at MSRP).
Old 07-07-2002, 04:23 AM
BrianZ

Everyone I have spoken to at Nissan has told me that Nissan has frowned upon the dealers charging over MSRP, but the dealers are independently owned, so Nissan can't STOP them.

However, Nissan has been able to enforce their wishes by providing dealers who price at or below MSRP with more pre-order and more regular vehicles to sell.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:46 AM
J350

not sure why you haven't heard the final amount of your car's sale price. all pre-orders were supposed to be written up as a final sale with freight, options & tax figured in, so you should have a signed copy of the bill-of-sale, if this isn't the case, I'd be questioning your dealer.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:27 AM
2003z

Default are you sure you preordered?

Originally posted by withingtonjohn
Well his reason for no final number at the time of contract was that he didn't know (sales manager and yes I did speak with him) weather or not it would be at MSRP or if it would have an premium added, The owner of the place had not made his decision. This is understandable for him and his dealership, He had an allotment of eight and by early April I was number six. He is waiting for the same thing we are, The Hype! He wants people excited so he'll sell more cars for more money, I want people excited so when I drive down the road everybody says Whoa! (Like I care but it is kinda cool)My wife has dealt with this dealership for a number of years (loyal Nissan Drivers rule!)....My point is that I really am not too worried about the final number, it will be fair, Besides I know I started this string, but really people, Do you love the car? If you do then it probally won't matter (within reason) you will take the car.
Have you gotten confirmation? I only ask this because it says on the pre-order sheet that a signed buyers order must accompany it. That signed buyers order is the sales contract that has the final price, tax, tag, etc. It was our understanding that requiring this signed buyers order was how Nissan was enforcing the msrp thing, although, their enforcement was more on the lines of cutting future and existing pre-order allocations, not disallowing the markup.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:04 AM
manstretch

Originally posted by brackethead
You're not going to find an official copy of that MSRP directive. AFAIK, dealers can set their own prices, be it MSRP, $1000 below (yeah, right), or $5000 above. But Nissan is recommending dealers sell pre-order cars at MSRP and not above. They have a decent profit built in to the MSRP. And it's up to us buyers to go elsewhere if Joe Dealer wants to gouge extra profit.

There are plenty of dealerships selling at MSRP. If a dealership doesn't sell all their pre-order allotments (e.g., because their prices are too high) then Nissan will reallocate to other dealers who need them (and are most likely selling at MSRP).

I got mine for $1000 below
Old 07-10-2002, 04:20 AM
infinite z

Yes I do love this car, but not enough to pay over MSRP. I have a buyers sheet with MSRP listed as the purchase price. They try to charge me a dime over and I walk. Simple as that. I'm not worried though, I fully expect them to hold up their word of MSRP.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:20 AM
manstretch

Originally posted by VQracer

Any options? accessories?
I got a Silverstone Enthusiast 6MT with kickplates and floor/trunk mats. I won the discount in a raffle drawing at our annual Z cookout last summer.