Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Allignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
JBIACAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allignment

So when i bought my 2005 350ZR brand new last July, i noticed a slight pull to the right whenever i drove....nothing too bothersome, where it would pull very very lightly to the right within 1000 yards.

I slap on some 19" axis rims and falken tires in august 2005 and notice that the pull is a little more significant....again, nothing too bothersome to bring into the shop.

in order not to risk wearing my tires unevenly, i decide to bring my car into goodyear for an allignment. the technician points out to me that the rear tires were misalligned, causing the slight pull, so he corrects it, according to what the machine says. he takes it for a test drive and tells me that the slight right pull is still there; we check the tire pressures and notice no unusual wear on any tire. he concludes: RADIAL PULL.

I googled Radial Pull and found that there is no correction to this, as the tires will not wear unevenly, but the pull will always be there, due to the radial construction.....I'm pissed, since i paid $95.00 for a small allignment that never even corrected my problem in the first place. i have never heard of such a thing as radial pull!!! anyone else out there run into this problem? or am i being brushed off my the tech guys at goodyear?

any response is great.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBIACAN
So when i bought my 2005 350ZR brand new last July, i noticed a slight pull to the right whenever i drove....nothing too bothersome, where it would pull very very lightly to the right within 1000 yards.

I slap on some 19" axis rims and falken tires in august 2005 and notice that the pull is a little more significant....again, nothing too bothersome to bring into the shop.

in order not to risk wearing my tires unevenly, i decide to bring my car into goodyear for an allignment. the technician points out to me that the rear tires were misalligned, causing the slight pull, so he corrects it, according to what the machine says. he takes it for a test drive and tells me that the slight right pull is still there; we check the tire pressures and notice no unusual wear on any tire. he concludes: RADIAL PULL.

I googled Radial Pull and found that there is no correction to this, as the tires will not wear unevenly, but the pull will always be there, due to the radial construction.....I'm pissed, since i paid $95.00 for a small allignment that never even corrected my problem in the first place. i have never heard of such a thing as radial pull!!! anyone else out there run into this problem? or am i being brushed off my the tech guys at goodyear?

any response is great.
Please post up your Alignment specs before and after the shop did the alignment.I would really like to see the caster readings.See radial pull is common these days and over time (no telling hom much) the radial pull will decrease or go away completely.Corrections for this is to cross rotate the tires if directional then flip them (fronts).I was a tire/Align tech for 5yrs+.And have seen very weird things with tires,but the thing that grabs me odd is you replaced all your tires and the pull remained nearly the same.Thats is why I would like to see the alignment readings.This 1 time we replaced all 4 tires on a customers vehicle and they came back stating it was pulling.After chasing down the tire that was causing the pull I found ALL the tires to have a radial pull No kidding!!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:09 PM
tmounk

Could it be a bent radius rod from a curb???
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Ztalker

i had a brand new 04 Focus pulling to the right from day one. Goodyear replaced the right front tire which caused the pull to the right.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Z_Driver
Master

You can monkey with the alignment spec to get it to go away. However when you rotate the tires you'll have to adjust for the condition you adjusted for. I do this and do not notice very much additional wear on my older Z's.
Fortunately, the new Z alignment is pretty good and I do not have any pull to speak of.

Anyways, with the road conditions in California these days I would doubt I could feel a pull if I had one. LOL !!! I just go from pot hole to pot hole.

This is the main reason I hesitate buying 19's or even 18's for the street.