Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Are any of the nismo dealer installed accessories recommended?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006 | 02:06 PM
JJ350

Default Are any of the nismo dealer installed accessories recommended?

I am currently thinking about buying a new grand touring Z, and I am wondering if any of the nismo accessories are worth getting. I will already be spending about 40k on the car once I get the navigation system (since this will also be my primary driver) so I am trying to keep any extra expenses at a minimum. I was thinking about possibly getting the ground effects (under spoiler's, and side sills), but I don't know how well they blend in with the Z's stock bumpers.

I was also wondering if the exhaust upgrade is worth getting, but yet I don't know how it sounds in comparison (anyone have some sound clips?). And finally there is the front and rear sway bar kit, and possibly the shock and spring kit if it improves handling enough. Also note again how this will be my primary driver, so I don't want the ride to be too rough.
Old 05-26-2006 | 02:08 PM
Kabs

i would think if you got your parts from a dealer and installed them at the dealer you would be paying alot more than they are worth.

I think you can get a new nismo for around 1k now (shipped) Nissan prob sells it for 1500 not installed.
Old 05-26-2006 | 02:09 PM
JJ350

The primary reason why I want the dealer accessories, is since I want to hold on to my stock warranty.
Old 05-26-2006 | 02:13 PM
Kabs

you will keep it.... people didnt loose their factory warranty if they got a nismo exhaust installed by someone else
Old 05-26-2006 | 02:13 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by JJ350
I am currently thinking about buying a new grand touring Z, and I am wondering if any of the nismo accessories are worth getting. I will already be spending about 40k on the car once I get the navigation system (since this will also be my primary driver) so I am trying to keep any extra expenses at a minimum. I was thinking about possibly getting the ground effects (under spoiler's, and side sills), but I don't know how well they blend in with the Z's stock bumpers.

I was also wondering if the exhaust upgrade is worth getting, but yet I don't know how it sounds in comparison (anyone have some sound clips?). And finally there is the front and rear sway bar kit, and possibly the shock and spring kit if it improves handling enough. Also note again how this will be my primary driver, so I don't want the ride to be too rough.
Where in California are you? We can install all the NISMO parts with a fair price on all the parts.
Old 05-26-2006 | 02:14 PM
Everybodywildou

Have your sales guy hook you up with the parts at cost. If hes not willing to do that for you then get another sales guy. The guy I bought my car off of just got me my 06 Taillights at cost! 340 bills! The dealer was charging 600. Dealer markup is quite sick.
Old 05-26-2006 | 02:51 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

when you purchase them with the car sale, you generally have to pay MSRP....

We can get you a new car at a good price and all the nismo parts and more as well!
Old 05-26-2006 | 03:13 PM
Ztalker

any aftermarket suspension systems will be far more desirable than stock.
Old 05-26-2006 | 05:44 PM
davidv

NISMO, compared to other aftermarket items, is expensive. If you like it. buy it.
Old 05-26-2006 | 10:32 PM
Everybodywildou

Yeah buy it from these guys. I'm sure theyll work a deal out with you somewhere. Nismo exhaust sounds hella sexy. If the gains were just as good as the stillen I'd be rocking that out instead. Well stillen sounds pretty good too... Do whatever! Also get the CAI from them too. So in case your Z gets hydrolocked theyll know why!
Old 05-27-2006 | 12:06 AM
Derratte

I got both the Nismo S-Tune Exhaust and the Nismo R-Tune CAI installed by the dealer when I bought my 35th Anniv new last year. This way, both parts are fully covered under the factory drivetrain warranty of 6 years. (And I made the dealer put that in writing!) I was able to work out a deal with the dealer on the parts cost, and I basically got them for a little bit over the dealer's cost.

I have a shiny new stock exhaust sitting at home thats got less than 20 miles on it. Makes a great conversation piece... lol
Old 05-27-2006 | 12:14 AM
gsazabi

If you're near Duarte it's your best bet to
purchase your Nismo stuff and have itstalled at Performance Nissan.

I would say Nismo exhaust is the best offering Nismo has to give.
Stock exhaust sounds PUNY compared to it.

I've also heard a lot of positive things about the Nismo S-Tune suspension.

Nismo stuff in general are overpriced compared to other aftermarket offerings,
but they're guaranteed to give you proven gains, perfect fitment, and quality workmanship.
Old 05-27-2006 | 12:22 AM
JJ350

Are these places near me, since I live in the east bay area, and I travel to santa barbara somewhat frequently.

Also does anyone have any sound clips of the nismo exhaust? I would really like to hear how it sounds.
Old 05-27-2006 | 12:59 AM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by JJ350
Are these places near me, since I live in the east bay area, and I travel to santa barbara somewhat frequently.

Also does anyone have any sound clips of the nismo exhaust? I would really like to hear how it sounds.

Damn so you're pretty far. But Duarte is a lot closer than Santa Barbara.
Around 2/3rd of distance or so?

Visit the link below, click on Nismo and downlaod the mp3.
Listen and enjoy.

http://www.everything350z.com/exhaust.html