2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z vs. s2000 handeling

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
NTRIGUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tienlo
I heard that they are mean on clubRSX
oh no i felt they're actually quite vicious.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:38 PM
WyattH

B for sure.

How about my S2000 with Buddy Club race spec coilovers, T1R limited strut bar and Xbrace, and 225/255 T1R tires, weighing 2700 lbs (150 less than stock).

But FWIW, I am selling my S for a Z. S handles better and is more fun to drive, but the Z has MANY other advantages which is why you are all driving one.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:57 PM
thr33f1tty
Banned

Smile

Originally Posted by duckypower
here is my other question will the s200 win on the track?
Yes, the S200 (Hundred) would win on the track... DUHHHH I mean damn man I heard the S200 has a time of 2.7secs 0-60 and MANNNNN!!!! you don't even wanna know how fast it (the S200) gets from 0-100 I heard something like 0.6!!!! and 1/4 mile is something like 1.7 MAN.... just think what it wouldn't do if you put a TT on it!!! I gotta get me one of them!! I have a great idea people how bout we do a group buy people?!?!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:06 PM
speedlimits

B!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:13 AM
atar350

You bought a Grand Touring Roadster and feel like poop because a tiny go kart of a car can handle a little better on tight turns? I've seen plenty of vids of both cars stock on the track, the S2000 is a little faster in turns, but exiting the Z catches back up with power, plus the Z stock isnt meant for turns like the S2000 is, its more of an all around car that has power, agility, and more room for passengers. I felt cramped in the S2k, and I'm only 6' 175...
Old 06-03-2006, 08:31 AM
KingOfV6

Ive owned 1 s2000, and 2 350's, after the s2000 got totalled because it was pushed to the limits by another driver my cousin, i can honestly say the Z has MORE GRIP, and i would have to pick A........the Z is ona whole other level, forget about fast corner entrys with the s2000 and its "world class short shifter" when it comes to traction, heavyweights like the 10 year old supra can even compete with an s2000.....now put a Z vs. and s2000.....just goes to show lightweights have do have some cons... put the miata, mr2, and s2k in the same category....

now i will leave yall with one comment

Rivals, but friends at last......
Old 06-03-2006, 02:54 PM
duckypower

thanx for all your input guys
Old 06-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Reyes_USN

B , well what do you expect its so much lighter than the Z but the Z is the far more stable of teh two
Old 06-03-2006, 03:19 PM
V604mustangjoe

Originally Posted by uncutZ00
350z handles better because its rear wheel drive, while the s2000 is left wheel drive. only the wheels on the left side of the car spins.
For your sake i hope you are joking.

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF HOW A CAR WORKS PLEASE DONT POST ABOUT IT.

Now what you need to know.

A) EVERY CAR has at LEAST 2 wheels that recieve power. There is no such thing as 1 wheel drive, left side drive, or what ever the hell some may think. There are however cars with OPEN DIFFERENTIALS and LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIALS.

Now when a vehicle operates it must allow each wheel to spin at differnt rpms at differnt times. This is so that it can turn. If you make a left turn the right wheels must spin at a higher rpm than the left wheels. And the front ones will spin at a slightly higher rpms than their rear counterparts. This is the basics of how a car turns. Now in order for the wheels to all spin on a rwd car or fwd car you must have a differntial in between the drive wheels (rear wheels on a rwd car or front wheels on the fwd car). A differential takes rotational energy from the driveshaft and converts it into rotational energy out two output shafts. Each output shaft is able to spin at a differnt speed as the other one. This is so that the differnt wheels can spin at a differnt rpms in order to turn. An open diff sends power to the wheel of least resistant hence why it spins only one wheel while on snow, while under heavy acceleration, or any other circumstance that would premit loss of traction in a tire. A limited slip differential limits the amount of slip or difference in rpms between the two wheels. This is so that both wheels spin evenly under certain torque loads to allow better traction. Most cars do this all with a simple mechanical mechanism known as a differential. However some fancy cars have Electronic diffs which allow them to change the slipage via computer allowing better handling and traction.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:51 PM
tienlo

Originally Posted by V604mustangjoe
For your sake i hope you are joking.

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF HOW A CAR WORKS PLEASE DONT POST ABOUT IT.

Now what you need to know.

A) EVERY CAR has at LEAST 2 wheels that recieve power. There is no such thing as 1 wheel drive, left side drive, or what ever the hell some may think. There are however cars with OPEN DIFFERENTIALS and LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIALS.

Now when a vehicle operates it must allow each wheel to spin at differnt rpms at differnt times. This is so that it can turn. If you make a left turn the right wheels must spin at a higher rpm than the left wheels. And the front ones will spin at a slightly higher rpms than their rear counterparts. This is the basics of how a car turns. Now in order for the wheels to all spin on a rwd car or fwd car you must have a differntial in between the drive wheels (rear wheels on a rwd car or front wheels on the fwd car). A differential takes rotational energy from the driveshaft and converts it into rotational energy out two output shafts. Each output shaft is able to spin at a differnt speed as the other one. This is so that the differnt wheels can spin at a differnt rpms in order to turn. An open diff sends power to the wheel of least resistant hence why it spins only one wheel while on snow, while under heavy acceleration, or any other circumstance that would premit loss of traction in a tire. A limited slip differential limits the amount of slip or difference in rpms between the two wheels. This is so that both wheels spin evenly under certain torque loads to allow better traction. Most cars do this all with a simple mechanical mechanism known as a differential. However some fancy cars have Electronic diffs which allow them to change the slipage via computer allowing better handling and traction.

You took that waaaaay to seriously. Chill.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:06 PM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ lol for real... at least his explanations were pretty good. although he completely missed the fact the guy was joking.... "only the wheels on the left side of the car spin". cmon now, where's your sense of humor??
Old 06-03-2006, 07:27 PM
highside107

Originally Posted by tienlo
I heard that they are mean on clubRSX
Old 06-03-2006, 09:39 PM
uncutZ00

look, if you want to make your Z handle better than an S2000, you're going to have to spend thousands, if not hundred thousands on suspension upgrades.

the z wasn't made to handle well. you think this is a sportscar? no way dude, its a muscle car. it has a solid rear axle and can do burnouts all day along side camaros and mustangs, but will have trouble in the twisties.

when deciding on these 2 cars, you gotta ask yourself this, do you want a v8 powered factory supercharged car that doesn't handle very well but can do the 1/4 in 16 seconds? If yes, then buy a Z.

do you want a car that can carve up the twisties, but only comes in a 1.6 liter engine turbo charged making 200horses to the front left wheel? If yes, get an s2000.

enough said.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely useless, yet hilarious thread. LOL.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Durden76

Originally Posted by uncutZ00
look, if you want to make your Z handle better than an S2000, you're going to have to spend thousands, if not hundred thousands on suspension upgrades.

the z wasn't made to handle well. you think this is a sportscar? no way dude, its a muscle car. it has a solid rear axle and can do burnouts all day along side camaros and mustangs, but will have trouble in the twisties.

when deciding on these 2 cars, you gotta ask yourself this, do you want a v8 powered factory supercharged car that doesn't handle very well but can do the 1/4 in 16 seconds? If yes, then buy a Z.

do you want a car that can carve up the twisties, but only comes in a 1.6 liter engine turbo charged making 200horses to the front left wheel? If yes, get an s2000.

enough said.
Hey, whatever you're smokin…I want some.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:43 AM
JJ350

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
Lotus Elise
Definitely

Of course the major setback with that is how there is almost no interior
Old 06-04-2006, 09:07 AM
blake Z

B....
Old 06-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

b s2000
Old 06-04-2006, 02:33 PM
fusionchicken

B.

and whoever was tryin to prove a point with nurburgring.....slaughtered the name of the road course, it was pretty sad.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

B, because the letter proceeds the numbers in the name.

Quick Reply: 350z vs. s2000 handeling