2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

When should I get my Z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 04:45 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When should I get my Z?

I'm finally getting out of college in May of this year (THANK GOD!!!) I got a decent CS job lined up and basically have 30k cash ready to plunk down on the car( yes I haven't spent jack in the last 5 years ). Now here's the question, should i wait till I grad or should I buy it now. Reason I'm asking is in this POS town I go to school in I've had my poor little civic Key'd, hit in the parking lot, dented from moron Frat boys........the list just goes on and on. So obviously I'd kill the person when I found them if they did it to my brand new Z. So is it worth it to just wait or should i chance it and get it now?
Old 02-17-2003, 07:51 AM
WayneTN

I'd wait. If stuff happens to the average car, they would be even more drawn to a Z. Give yourself a nice graduation present when you can park it in a better location and take care of it. You'll be glad you did later on.

WayneTN
Old 02-17-2003, 08:14 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Definitely wait. It's really not that much farther, and you wouldn't have to worry about the horrors of parking on campus.

Congrats on graduation, BTW.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:09 AM
rudedogatx

Damn, 30k out of college?? Props to that, cause most people come out in debt...I was lucky to come out even (broke, well $12 in my checking account, but not in debt).

I've been out of college almost two years, and I would suggest waiting a few months before buying an expensive car. I just made the purchase a month ago, instead of just out of college because I wanted to force myself to live cheaply and save all the money I was making the first year. That way I know if times get tough I can do it again. I suggest waiting a few months before purchasing, cause you never know what will happen in this economy. Plus, with 30k alreadly you should probably think about putting that into a house instead of a new car.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:47 AM
kyle jones

Wait....

1. Obvious reason - to avoid getting your car damaged from parking on campus.

2. If you purchase after graduation there could be a possibility of some college graduate program that you might qualify for (if the need arises).
Old 02-17-2003, 01:57 PM
kman

Default wait

1) You haven't started your job yet and you never know if they will retract or postpone due to cutbacks/layoffs etc.

2)Initial costs out of college. If you're not going to be working in the same town you went to school, you'll need an apt which will require a deposit, you'll have to pay to move, register your car (if in a different state) and other misc expenses that pop up.

3)You'll need to buy other stuff. If you haven't spent squat in 5 years, you probably need stuff like furniture, work clothes (can't keep wearing those free credit card t-shirts), furnishings, etc.

4)Your spending habits will change. Once you start working, eating ramen and taco bell just isn't worth it anymore. Move on up to the Wendy's value meal or the occasional Olive Garden or Chilis! :-)

5)Women - It'll cost ya more to date em now that you're outta school. Going to parties, drinking for free just doesn't cut it after a while and you're gonna have to take em to Wendy's with ya.

I think you get my point, this is why I waited over 2 years since graduating to get a new vehicle and to put money in the bank and investments to be easily liquid in case something bad does happen.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Poison123
Google Bot

Bahahha, actually i'm engaged, ring cost 4k. I pretty much wear Structures. I don't spend "big money", i've got no college loans. yadda yadda yadda, this is money that i've been saving for a new car, used to be for a prelude till they pooch screwed that, and now its ear tagged for the Z. I'll be buying a house actually, since its cheaper for buy a 150k house and finance it over 30 years than it is to get a bloody apt, those monthly apt rates suck in Atlanta. Though i am gonna wait, i'll probably go talk with the dealer and find out how long it will take to order the exact one i'm looking for
Silver Stone, Enthu, Auto(ya ya fiance can't drive stick for sh*t, and she's gotta be able to drive it encase of bad things happening), side/curtain airbags.

So you get the general idea.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Inova

Originally posted by Poison123

Silver Stone, Enthu, Auto(ya ya fiance can't drive stick for sh*t, and she's gotta be able to drive it encase of bad things happening), side/curtain airbags.

So you get the general idea.
NO!! DO NOT LET HER RESTRICT YOU TO AN AUTO!! you will regret purchasing the car if you do. teach her over 5 years how to learn to drive stick if you can
Old 02-18-2003, 08:59 AM
jj1814

I've officially been out of school since Dec. 15, 2002 from UT-Martin. I have been ITCHING to get my hands on a Z since Jan. 2002 although they didnt come out til Sept. I've been working at my nice little IT job (paying very well) since Dec. 31, 2002 and I still dont have my Z, although I came very close to ordering it. I thought I could just walk right into the place and buy my Z the first month I was here. Reality was, I now have bills....regardless of how much money I'm making. I had to buy furniture, etc. and start saving for my future. HOWEVER....in the next couple of months, I WILL be at the dealership Also, being single is cheaper than being married. THIS GIRL HERE AINT GETTIN MARRIED! LoL

paige
*dust*
Old 02-18-2003, 09:32 AM
aelius

Wait.

You'll spare yourself the paranoia. The car will signify your graduation. You'll even be able to consider the 2004 model.

(Or, if you can't stand the delay, then order exactly what you want now. The car will arrive in May, in any event, and you'll be the first to drive it.)

When you do buy your car, finance it at a good rate and use the money, instead, for the new house.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Poison123
Google Bot

Luckly for me the little women has a job lined up as a Sound Engineer, so if you know anything about that the pay is probably gonna be more than what I'll be making at my job