Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hey ALLL

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Kyromoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey ALLL

My name is Jeff and I have recently gotten into import cars. Im still kinda new when it comes to knowing much about cars and there performance so I found this site cause im debating between getting a 06 Subaru WRX STI or a Nissan 350z. I know ALOT about the subaru now from reading up on it but I still know almost nothing about the 350z. so i found this forum in hopes you guys could help me make up my mind!.
Thanks all who respond
Old 06-24-2006, 11:44 AM
iknowitsfast

WHASSSSUPPP JEFF!! lol Welcome to the board. Both cars are very fast and fun to drive, theres no need to debate that, however a lot of the 'Z' owners here have pretty been thru the same dilemma youre going thru now. Should i get this...or the 350Z???? OH GoD what to do!?! It all comes down to this IMO.....buying an STi will bring you a TON of power stock, being its turbo and Even AWD. Benefits of course being, you will be able so annhilate MANY other cars on the road and track...also dont forget you will be able to drive it better in the winter being that its AWD. BUT..and this is ONLY MY opinion. Its not a really sexy sexy car. Benefits of the Z being, its a smooth V6 with 300 Crank HP (05 Trk, 35th Anniversary..and ALL 2006 models), RWD, and it is an INSTANT attention getter, even AFTER being out since 2003. Girls will love you, men will envy you, and you will become an instant celebrity with anyone gas stations, movie parking lots, etc. lol But in the winter the Z sucks, especially w/o proper winter tires. But for the other 3 seasons, you WILL be the man!! So bottom line is.....go fast and drive all the time? or go fast and look good doing it!? Your choice!
EDIT: Wait, i just saw you were in Cali.........get the Z
Old 06-24-2006, 11:52 AM
onebadfyvo

In all honesty, I don't think you'll regret buying either one. The differences are pretty obvious. 4 doors vs. 2 doors, back seat vs. no back seat, sedan vs. hatch. Also, consider the fact of wether it'll be a commute car of a weekend car, and wether you plan on taking friends with you when you cruise around.

I don't know if you remeber that Z commercial from waaaay back in the day with that little boy riding a bicycle and comes upon a Z park on a driveway. The kid says, "Someday!" Well, that was me (not literally). I've always wanted a Z with it's 2 door, 2 seater, sports car layout.

I don't much about the STI, but if you're looking into the tuning potential of each car, that's another aspect that you have to look into. I know you'll have fun with the STI or the Z, so good luck.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:59 AM
HighwaySpeed

Smile

Welcome Jeffrey! Say NO to 4 door cars [STI/EVO].
Old 06-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Jokestrap

Give me a break guys. Don't be so nice. The STI's are friggin ugly. UGLY!!! If you are looking for a "sports car", you would not be looking at the STI. It has sports car performance but certainly not the sports car look. Of the two, sports car=Z, fast but need friends or kids in back=STI. That's it, period.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:24 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyromoto
help me make up my mind!.
Welcome. What criteria are you using in your evaluation?
Old 06-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Suvlaki

If you care only about performance, get the STi. It is no doubt much faster than the Z, stock for stock, price for price.

That being said, you will never see me driving an STi. The Evo maybe, but the STi never. The reason behind that is simple. Both cars posess more than enough power for the street. Whichever you choose, you will be able to control the road. However, there is more to a car than just performance. The Z has the style and finesse that the STi just doesn't have. Even the new 2007 Evo body style still doesn't match that of the Z's.

I feel that the correct decision would be to take a small loss in performance in return for a huge gain in style and finesse. I know that if I ever owned an STi, I would certainly have to walk to the car backwards so as to not feint in disbelief that I paid so much money for a vehicle that looks like a box.

Performance-Only: STi
Performance + Everything Else: 350Z
Old 06-24-2006, 01:23 PM
RJNavarrete

Yo Jeff!
Get A Z.
Browse the forums.
Be Happy.
Die Happy.

In that order.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a subie/mitsu...already too many Z's ! hahaha jk...get wutever u want (z's look much nicer imo) , depends on if u want looks or speed (z's not THAT much slower...) good luck, and welcome
Old 06-24-2006, 01:49 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

howdie i was in same situation but i went z cuz sti was too much $$ for maintance
Old 06-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Kyromoto

LMAO toy guys are awsome... I personally LOVE the look of the STI haha but the 350z HAS caught my eye on several occasions including today i saw a brand new 1 just drive off the lot!!! WOW nice looking car!!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Fletch69z

Z is prettier and performs well. Depends on what is more important to you.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Mathys

Performance stock = STI
Looks = 350Z
Attention = 350Z
More *** than a toilet seat = 350Z
Fun = both
Lower fuel consumption = 350z
Real sports car look = 350z
Luggage space = STI
Lunch box looking = STI

That's just my opinion
Old 06-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Kyromoto

hmmm... more *** then a toilet huh??? somthing to think about!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Ichigo

Go drive both before you decide..
Old 06-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Miko

Yeah, really depends what you want. On another note, if power and good looks are a concern, opt for a Z if it's less expensive and do some NA mods, then you'll be set.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:08 PM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Jokestrap
Give me a break guys. Don't be so nice. The STI's are friggin ugly. UGLY!!! If you are looking for a "sports car", you would not be looking at the STI. It has sports car performance but certainly not the sports car look. Of the two, sports car=Z, fast but need friends or kids in back=STI. That's it, period.
+1 so hard it hurts.

I like everything about the STI. It comes decently fast. It is very easy to make a lot faster and cheaper to do so. It handles pretty well from the factory and can be made into a track monster with suspension mods and sticky tires. It has a usable trunk. It has a good back seat. For the most part, very reliable. The only problem with the car: IT IS UGLY AS HELL. I decided a while back that if in a few years I can find a cheap used one, I will pick one up, gut it out and call it my dedicated track car. That or the EVO. Both fantastic cars on paper but ugly as sin. Any car can be made fast but you can only put so much makeup on that ugly mug.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Kyromoto

I think the STI is beautiful too... how come everyone thinks its ugly???
Old 06-25-2006, 06:43 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Kyromoto
I think the STI is beautiful too... how come everyone thinks its ugly???
I guess it is safe to say that if the Z is your style, then the STI by far isn't. Maybe the STI guys think the Z is ugly???? I actually don't drive either a Z or a STI but I still think the STI is supremely ugly.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:20 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TK2005
I guess it is safe to say that if the Z is your style, then the STI by far isn't. Maybe the STI guys think the Z is ugly???? I actually don't drive either a Z or a STI but I still think the STI is supremely ugly.
+1 I can't stand the look of the brand new STi's. Subaru is implementing some sort of funky front end on all of their cars, and personall, I think they took a step back.

Quick Reply: Hey ALLL