Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Looking for some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Dream350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carsangelop
Dream one post says I like my job its good money another post says I have no idea what my salary is yet. Im not trying to start any s__t here just a little confusing is all anyway good luck
I apolgoize for the attitude....but wasn't going to take what I thought was your attempt at calling me out. I do like my job, and it is good money....I haven't made less than a grand in just commissions since I started. I have no way of saying what my salary is yearly and be accurate. The summer months are twice as busy as winter months they say...obviously it will be hard to continue to make 1,000+ a week.

Azzguy, I agree with you and think the waters will be muddy there. They can't screw me on my grosses, but can write deals unusually high so that they know the customer will refuse them and I won't sell the car....not that I think they would to that, but its possible. We are one of the leading dealerships, we need the sales numbers every month...they'd be stupid to try and screw up my deals. I guess we'll find out tomorrow what they have to say...I'll just tell them that I'm not paying because its not fair.

oh and regarding their insurance company....we had a 05 Mazda Rx-8 in our used inventory stolen out of the body shop a month ago....instead of calling insurance, they docked the value of the car from all the department managers salaries(body shop, sales, parts, service managers, etc) they are cheap.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:10 PM
AZZGUY

Default salary

Originally Posted by Dream350Z
I apolgoize for the attitude....but wasn't going to take what I thought was your attempt at calling me out. I do like my job, and it is good money....I haven't made less than a grand in just commissions since I started. I have no way of saying what my salary is yearly and be accurate. The summer months are twice as busy as winter months they say...obviously it will be hard to continue to make 1,000+ a week.

Azzguy, I agree with you and think the waters will be muddy there. They can't screw me on my grosses, but can write deals unusually high so that they know the customer will refuse them and I won't sell the car....not that I think they would to that, but its possible. We are one of the leading dealerships, we need the sales numbers every month...they'd be stupid to try and screw up my deals. I guess we'll find out tomorrow what they have to say...I'll just tell them that I'm not paying because its not fair.

oh and regarding their insurance company....we had a 05 Mazda Rx-8 in our used inventory stolen out of the body shop a month ago....instead of calling insurance, they docked the value of the car from all the department managers salaries(body shop, sales, parts, service managers, etc) they are cheap.
That's not cheap - that's stealing from salaries because if they turned it into insurance company their rates might go up. Someone may have been negligent in leaving a gate unlocked at close up or something - but it certainly didnt involve all those people!! Ava Maria - they really do love their employees!!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
MantraXR

If that's how these guys roll, I would recommend you find a new non-shady dealership to work at.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:04 PM
GMZ

I think its a bunch of crap. Id tell the GM that I wasnt going to pay a cent. But in a respectful manner of course
Old 06-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Dialn24

How can they not screw you on your grosses? Do they accurately tell you what they have in every car in inventory? Heck, even if they did, I wouldn't trust them. Not after hearding about the manager's getting docked for something they wouldn't claim on insurance and then your situation. Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to fudge what they say they are grossing on your sales. Say for instance, they calculate your commision based on having 1K more in the car then they really do. I am guessing that's $300 to $350 in commission. So, let's say they say the gross was $500, but in reality to them it was $1500 (this doesn't even take pack into equation). They pay you a $150 mini, when they should have really paid you $450 to $500 on that sale. Do that 6 or 7 times over the course of a relatively short period, then they get their 2K back and you don't even know about it. Not only could they screw you, they could easily. In fact, I could see this route happening much easier then making it were you wouldn't sell anything by presenting crazy deals. Obviously, you would have to make draw for this to be effective. You don't make draw, you aren't going to be there long anyway.

Are you in a probationary period right now?