Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Mossy nissan sucks

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:01 PM
chuquison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mossy nissan sucks

i had my Z served at Mossy nissan they changed my brake pads, and all done maybe a month ago. I was driving my car on sunday and a co worker said, hey dude your Z is missing a lug nut. I was like quit joking man, I went and checked and he was right there was a lug nut missing from the passenger side rim. today I called nissan and asked and they said that I had to proof it was them and they wanted like 6 bucks for the lug nut. I went to discount tire to ask about how much for the lug nut and the guy looked at the Z and said free for you! I was like what? I have never bought anything from them and this was awsome. When he was checking the rim he noticed that 2 more of the lug nuts werent even on all the way, I was like what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he said I was riding only on two fully tight lug nuts and thats what saved my cheeks,that they were'nt next to each other but oppisite sides so thats why the rim held so well and wasnt noticed when driving. all I have to say is wow!!!!!!!! mossy you lost a customer
Old 07-05-2006, 08:04 PM
bacalhau16

Not sure if Mossy does this, but at Sears auto centers, they say to drive 100 miles or so, then return to retorque the wheels. Thats really what your supposed to do, due to heat expanding the threads and it coming a little loose perhaps. I hear ya though, they should of just tightend the crap out of the wheel like everyone else, and this wouldnt have happened. It couldve been worse though, atleast your wheels stayed on!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
proframer

I bought my Z from Mossy Nissan in nasty city but i would never trust them to work on my car.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:28 PM
syndacit

a good saying is
dont trust someone farther then you can throw them

in this case, you cant really throw a dealership
so you're out of luck.... :P
Old 07-05-2006, 08:31 PM
lex350

Lesson #1
Never let anyone else work on the car you care about.

Now don't you care about your Z?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:43 PM
SDEd

What location?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:53 PM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had someone loosen the lugnuts on my car before... (not the Z)... just because yours were loose and fell off doesn't necessarily mean the dealership was at fault.... I kinda agree with them... you have to be able to prove it was them, and you probably should before you go making harsh decisions. I'm not saying it wasn't their fault, but I don't see how you can prove it was either.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:03 PM
chuquison

well one thing I dirve the hell out of my car its either at work, witch is secured parking for federal agents, so im sure no one would screw with it there and I drive it home and there is no hoodlums were I live sooo I think some techs were screwing around and forgot to tighten, it was in el cajon, i had my car treated at the mossy body shop in nasty city they did a great job now there techs i dont know about them. wish i could find a shope that is good in san diego.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
CAN0802

Originally Posted by SDEd
What location?
+1

I'll guess either National City or El Cajon. I'd be shocked to find out it was the Clairmont guys.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Built2shredZ

That would be tough to prove, you had maintance done on your car a month ago and you just now noticed that your missing lug nuts?!? My money would be that someone was trying to steal your rims but got scared off.. Or some punk kids thought it would be funny to lossen them up..

BTW just because you dont' have hoodlums where you live, doesnt mean some couldnt be driving around your area looking for trouble.. <shrug>

Also in the future always give your car a walk around after getting it back from any dealership, because once you leave the lot it becomes your responsiblity to prove they damaged your car..
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
syndacit

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
...BTW just because you dont' have hoodlums where you live, doesnt mean some couldnt be driving around your area looking for trouble.. <shrug>
This is especially true in coto de caza (a rich persons place in Orange County)
I mean this place is rich, and kids from this community go around and steal stuff.... its pretty sad....rich kids thinking they're " gangsta' "
Old 07-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Genea

Default Mossy Nissan - Kearny Mesa (Clairemont)

Take it to the Kearny Mesa location and talk to Craig McKinnon the Sevice Director or Dave (The Main Service Manager). I have been working with Craig since he was at Bob Baker Nissan in El Cajon. They have been doing good work on all of my Nissans and I have had 3 (Pickup, Xterra(SC) and 350Z) since 1992. One bit of advice I can give you is always check you car before you leave any repair facility.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Brick-Z

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
That would be tough to prove, you had maintance done on your car a month ago and you just now noticed that your missing lug nuts?!? My money would be that someone was trying to steal your rims but got scared off.. Or some punk kids thought it would be funny to lossen them up..

BTW just because you dont' have hoodlums where you live, doesnt mean some couldnt be driving around your area looking for trouble.. <shrug>

Also in the future always give your car a walk around after getting it back from any dealership, because once you leave the lot it becomes your responsiblity to prove they damaged your car..
+1

Many hoodlums come to the richer parts of town to do just this. They dont need to live there to steal from there