Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Can Moderators Chill On Deleting Posts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 06:15 AM
iMR2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Moderators Chill On Deleting Posts?

Opinions are just that, opinions. Suck it up.
I've noticed for sometime now threads would misteriously dissappear. Not MOVED, but completely eliminated. No personal attacks on anyone were made on those threads, just a difference of opinions.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:44 AM
iMR2

Originally posted by JDZ
Are you sure? Sometimes they are moved and they don't linger in the old forum. Look around and you might find it.
The latest one i've noticed is one titled in the lines.. "Withholding Judgement" by Jeff15. I was going to reply to it and got a message that it didn't exist anymore.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:54 AM
nizl

Originally posted by iMR2
The latest one i've noticed is one titled in the lines.. "Withholding Judgement" by Jeff15.
Agreed, it is getting a bit excessive... but in this case they probably saved at least some of your brain cells from premature death.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:00 AM
iMR2

Originally posted by nizl

Agreed, it is getting a bit excessive... but in this case they probably saved at least some of your brain cells from premature death.
I understand that some threads may be deemed as "useless" by some. But sometimes interesting conversations come of them. If it's a dumb thread let it die it's slow death itself. It's disturbing to know that all opinions don't seem to be welcomed. It's even more disturbing that info wether useless or usefull, depending on how you view it may just be deleted.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:04 AM
raceboy
Banned

Well said iMR2. BTW, iMR2 is a moderator at spyderchat.com. I have belonged to that board for over 2 years and it is one of the friendliest around, but a quick way to kill a board is overzealous moderation. This is exaclty what happened to anopther MR2 Spyder board that died. Name calling is one thing, but a difference of opinion is just that and should be left alone. If it's a lame thread that may be true, but that is strictly an opinion and if it is lame it will die on it's own.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:05 AM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

It appears that Jeff15 is no longer a member.

Given his history, not a total shock.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:29 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been on this forum for awhile, and I haven't noticed that many deleted threads. I can't think of one actually, but I am not saying you are incorrect. Actually, If that "Witholding Judgement" thread was deleted, that would be the first one I can think of. And nizl is right - it probably saved us from misery. I think that guys previous 20 posts were all new threads. He wasn't here to learn, or converse. Just to tell, and leave.

Except for some threads where the mods edited text, and usually explained why, I really hadn't noticed any of their influence on the forum. If it get's out of hand,I think we have the right to complain. But somehow, we should have some specifics. Maybe the mods can move deleted threads into a forum where no one can see them, but they can be available if someone wanted to discuss the reason for deletion.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:31 AM
alawoowoo

I give this thread three more replies before it is removed as well.

Hey Gibbsy1,
You're right, Jeff15 no longer appears as a member...hhhmmmm
Old 07-10-2002, 07:51 AM
iMR2

I don't know Jeff's history, but that thread seemed harmless.

I'm new here and trying to learn all about the Z. Let me decide for myself what and who is useless. Again, those were just opinions. Not everyone will have the same.

Last edited by iMR2; 07-10-2002 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by Matt
in before delete.
Matt, please clue me in on this reply. I'm baffled by it.

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2002, 08:13 AM
BrianZ

Default "Withholding Judgement"

That thread was deleted?

Oh, thank God! What a waste of bandwidth!
Old 07-10-2002, 08:16 AM
ZBarrister

Certainly no one wants overzealous deleting of threads, however there has to come a point where even "harmless" threads that serve no purpose become a waste of time, space and bandwidth.

Jeff15 was certainly given an extraordinarily long rope. I never posted a reply to any of his thread because they were simply asinine and idiotic.

When you get a feel for this board you will come to realize that none of the moderators have acted in a capricious manner when dealing with posts.

BTW...iMR2, a mod from a Spyder board, on a 350z board? Spying on the enemy? Or simply jealous? HAHAHAHA!!
Old 07-10-2002, 08:17 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by iMR2
I don't know Jeff's history, but that thread seemed harmless.

I'm new here and trying to learn all about the Z. Let me decide for myself what and who is useless. Again, those were just opinions. Not everyone will have the same.
The straw that broke the camels back was just a straw. Without knowing the history, it's probably not a good example to raise in support of your opening statement.

You've got me curious iMR2, as I honestly didn't think the mods were overstepping their boundaries. And to tell them to Chill, and suck-it-up, I think they deserve a bit more explanation.

If you are new here, and don't have much to support your claim, some people might assume your intentions with this thread were only to start some type of argument. I'm going to assume you do an excellent job of moderating the spyderchat forum. Assume ours here do to, unless you have information otherwise.

Thank you!
Old 07-10-2002, 08:20 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by Matt

oh, people do that all the time at this other message board i go to..

what it basically means is that you are posting before the thread gets deleted.
I get it now!

Thanks!

(I'm being serious, not sarcastic. This is the first forum such as this I have participated in, and hadn't seen that before)

Quick Reply: Can Moderators Chill On Deleting Posts?