Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new z in the house - whats the first step!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:24 AM
bdrose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come On Tho Man..thats What This Site Is All About....asking Questions And Sharing Stories.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 AM
ZeeCar

Originally Posted by bdrose
Come On Tho Man..thats What This Site Is All About....asking Questions And Sharing Stories.
+1..
although some of the questions may seem redundant to us, long time members. It's the newbies and recent owners that get to chime in and post up their opinion and feedback.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 AM
06Firebase

Cool

Originally Posted by xedes
First of all, congrats on the new ride!

Now, what should you do first?
NOTHING--- drive it for awhile. Get a feeling for the car and how it handles. Then in a few weeks or even months, you feel like you are ready to improve something, do some research and figure out exactly what you would like to improve on the car and start with that. (My .02)

+2

I absolutely agree with xedes and NewJerZ! It is vital that you get a good feeling for your car and get connected with it before you start changing anything. There are many many threads here about modding your car. You have plenty of time to slowly approach this.

First, get to know your car inside and out. Watch out for the many small problems you may encounter and get them fixed. There are many many more threads here about these too.

That way, if something goes wrong later, you can track down the cause much more easily. Believe me, I learned this the hard way with my old Mustang, and I'm not making that mistake again with my "Z"

Good luck to you and welcome to the Forums

All best,
Joe
Old 07-26-2006, 05:17 AM
ZBigDog

The blinkers you refer to are just lenses, and be careful for $10 they may be fake and not fit ideally. Keep in mind to install those you must also completely remove the front bumper, which is easy, but time consuming for simple lense replacement. I would say CAI and exhaust, that along with the clear reflectors and T-Rex grill is all I've done.