Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new z in the house - whats the first step!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:51 PM
yaadaayadda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking new z in the house - whats the first step!

hey all, i just bought a 35th anniversary edition yellow z

any ideas on what the first thing to mod should be?
i hear getting the clear front side blinkers is a good 10 dollar move that makes it look better, what about the performance end type mods?

1000$ or less at this point

thanks !

peace out
Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

P O P C H A R G E R !
Old 07-18-2006, 01:59 PM
BlackZero6

springs
sways
spacer
mrev2
popcharger

all of that puts you around 1200, i know you said 1000 but 200 isnt a big deal.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:05 PM
REDROADSTER350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for the aggressive yet sporty sound of an exhaust...Nismo, Borla or Stillen all under a $g, not much gain but appealing to ones ears.

good luck
RR350Z
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
xedes

First of all, congrats on the new ride!

Now, what should you do first?
NOTHING--- drive it for awhile. Get a feeling for the car and how it handles. Then in a few weeks or even months, you feel like you are ready to improve something, do some research and figure out exactly what you would like to improve on the car and start with that. (My .02)
Old 07-18-2006, 02:20 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi. Welcome to MY350Z.com. I know you are extremely excited to have the car or in great anticipation of getting one. Until you own the car, you should refrain from asking any questions about modifications. If you do own the car as of now, please continue reading. You may not believe this but in the 4 years since the car was unveiled and this site was started, people have asked questions similar to yours. I know.........crazy right? Rest assured, you can be content in knowing that one of the other 63,000+ members of this site has had the same thought as you at least once and shared it with the group. How do you find these answers, one may ask. Use the SEARCH feature. I know what you are thinking now. Why would you want to search for old information when you want the most current up to date info you can get? Don't fret, my friend. Try SEARCH anyway. You'll be surprised that the question you were asking was answered just 30 minutes ago and is actually posted just 4 or 5 posts beneath your own. I know what you're thinking now. How could the question have been answered just 30 minutes ago. The answer is: BECAUSE NONE OF THE NEW PEOPLE EVEN ATTEMPT TO SEARCH EVEN ONCE.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:27 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

Originally Posted by zand02max
P O P C H A R G E R !
Rinse and repeat
Old 07-18-2006, 02:56 PM
VQLOVER

Originally Posted by davidv
Hi. Welcome to MY350Z.com. I know you are extremely excited to have the car or in great anticipation of getting one. Until you own the car, you should refrain from asking any questions about modifications. If you do own the car as of now, please continue reading. You may not believe this but in the 4 years since the car was unveiled and this site was started, people have asked questions similar to yours. I know.........crazy right? Rest assured, you can be content in knowing that one of the other 63,000+ members of this site has had the same thought as you at least once and shared it with the group. How do you find these answers, one may ask. Use the SEARCH feature. I know what you are thinking now. Why would you want to search for old information when you want the most current up to date info you can get? Don't fret, my friend. Try SEARCH anyway. You'll be surprised that the question you were asking was answered just 30 minutes ago and is actually posted just 4 or 5 posts beneath your own. I know what you're thinking now. How could the question have been answered just 30 minutes ago. The answer is: BECAUSE NONE OF THE NEW PEOPLE EVEN ATTEMPT TO SEARCH EVEN ONCE.
LMFAO
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Suvlaki

P O P C H A R G E R +1

No, seriously, for $1200, first thing I did (only thing so far) is the STILLEN dual exhaust and a popcharger. Decent power gain but more about sound than power. Much much more intimidating than stock.

Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
savvy

popcharger, motordyne plenum spacer and mrev2, exhaust

little more than a grand but you will actually feel this difference and it will sound great
Old 07-18-2006, 04:51 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Sell it and buy a Ferarri... either that.. or use the SEARCH
Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 AM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NISMO Cold Air Intake, that way your not voiding the warranty. clear lenses/lighting, save the rest for NISMO headers/exhaust/cams
Old 07-19-2006, 06:27 AM
z-u-later

What portion of the warranty are you voiding by installing the JWT popcharger?
Old 07-19-2006, 06:53 AM
NewJerZ

Originally Posted by xedes
First of all, congrats on the new ride!

Now, what should you do first?
NOTHING--- drive it for awhile. Get a feeling for the car and how it handles. Then in a few weeks or even months, you feel like you are ready to improve something, do some research and figure out exactly what you would like to improve on the car and start with that. (My .02)
+1 ...Definitely agree with that. Not to sound like some kinda crazy mystic or something..BUT....I always feel that you should FIRST become well acquainted with your car...YOU and the car must become as ONE....The Z should become a natural extension of your own body...kinda like being cybernetically linked to it.

Once THIS is accomplished, young grasshopper, please add mods as you financially see fit....and please NO spinners, super jumbo rear spoilers, or fake Louis Vuitton Seats!
Old 07-19-2006, 06:45 PM
johnnyz001

Go On The Fwy At 150mph To Let The B*&^h Know Who Daddy Is!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
ZRider07

Originally Posted by johnnyz001
+1
Old 07-19-2006, 08:37 PM
daz311x

Originally Posted by davidv

+1

we need more people like you. i don't see why people can't do their own research. and why do some people always need someone else's opinion when choosing what to buy? just find something you like and go with it. don't listen to what others say, if you like your mod then good, who cares what anyone else thinks.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
LastODJedi
§ith Mã§t€®

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyz001
+1
Old 07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by pony_killer
NISMO Cold Air Intake, that way your not voiding the warranty. clear lenses/lighting, save the rest for NISMO headers/exhaust/cams
Nismo intake is a Type-R product so it won't be covered by the factory warrenty, only Nismo Type-S products are covered.

But I would still suggest the Nismo CAI, because if he gets a popcharger he will be back in here asking "How come my car stalls when I put it in neutral"
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
RedlineZ350

BlackZero6.... where can u get all that stuff u listed for that price? Do u have a site to show that thats a realistic price? Just wondering because I am really considering doing somthin like that.

Quick Reply: new z in the house - whats the first step!