Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is buying an Auto vs 6speed a joke?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 05:19 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At, Soooooo Much Nicer To Sit Back Relax And Mash The F***'n Gas!! Still Pretty Quick, Selecting Gears With Theautomatic Isn't Anywhere Close To As Responsive As A 6sp Manual. Still A Fun Car And Handles Great.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
iGOFAST

heel toe
Old 12-07-2009, 09:30 PM
iGOFAST

stick all day!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Bumble Z

damn talk about old post resurrection
Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by iGOFAST
stick all day!!
how the hell did you even find this thread? and why would you bump it?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 AM
dfresh713
Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Unless your a 17 year old girl or 80 year old grandma there is no reason to not get the stick. This is a high performance sportscar, to get the full benefits from it you need the stick.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calin
how the hell did you even find this thread? and why would you bump it?
So it's at the top for newbs who want start another "MT vs AT" debate every month.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Zakira

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
So it's at the top for newbs who want start another "MT vs AT" debate every month.
Naww, you know everyone has to have their own thread.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 PM
HaGioan1

Originally Posted by bkanic
Has anyone driven a 350Z in both auto & 6speed?

How much would I be missing out on by buying an Auto?

Your thoughts are apprciated
It's all about preference buddy. My Z is a daily driver and I have to deal with stop and go traffic so A/T was the best choice for me.

For all those guys who are saying its not a REAL sports car unless you get manual, they're like the extremist Al Qaeda of Z owners. I still have fun driving my car even though its auto. I don't know if the older models have the auto shifter, but if you get a 07+ model you can still have a slightly lesser manual experience. I think of it as if I'm playing a video game shifting up and down with the flick of my wrist

Get what you feel is right for you and don't let anyone's opinion sway you from your decision. Happy hunting!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by HaGioan1
It's all about preference buddy. My Z is a daily driver and I have to deal with stop and go traffic so A/T was the best choice for me.

For all those guys who are saying its not a REAL sports car unless you get manual, they're like the extremist Al Qaeda of Z owners. I still have fun driving my car even though its auto. I don't know if the older models have the auto shifter, but if you get a 07+ model you can still have a slightly lesser manual experience. I think of it as if I'm playing a video game shifting up and down with the flick of my wrist

Get what you feel is right for you and don't let anyone's opinion sway you from your decision. Happy hunting!
7-19-06. I thinks he has probably made his decision already.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:01 AM
JEKL

That post is ignorant on so many levels.

Using that little shift thing you are talking about is teh ghey! I got no problem if you choose an auto car, just don't try to make it into something its not. You giving another guy head is the only thing you can do that is more queer than pretending you have a manual.

Stop and go traffic. Stop it! I have a 150 mile a day commute and I still bought a manual for my DD.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:27 AM
SLeRoux92

I JUST learned to drive stick and didn't stall once. Until i tried dumping the clutch at 3500rpm. Just messing around though. It made my auto xterra seem so lame. I cant wait to sell it and buy a z within a year or so. STICK all the way! It was so fun, even though I was in a 4 bangin' Saturn Astra Coupe ha ha. You just feel one with the car. Best experience ever.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by JEKL
That post is ignorant on so many levels.

Using that little shift thing you are talking about is teh ghey! I got no problem if you choose an auto car, just don't try to make it into something its not. You giving another guy head is the only thing you can do that is more queer than pretending you have a manual.

Stop and go traffic. Stop it! I have a 150 mile a day commute and I still bought a manual for my DD.
actually, this thread is stupid. especially with all of the stupid comments like the one you just posted.

IT IS A 350Z, WHO GIVES A RATS *** WHAT TRANSMISSION IT HAS IN IT. JUST SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 AM
35oZephyR

Oh wow...did you just say that???
The standard S2000, Lotus Elise, Evo IX's and z06 must be the Crimson Jihad of cars then?

BTW - Let's not close this MT/AT thread or newbs will start a new one. We have this under control!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:49 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by Z04
actually, this thread is stupid. especially with all of the stupid comments like the one you just posted.

IT IS A 350Z, WHO GIVES A RATS *** WHAT TRANSMISSION IT HAS IN IT. JUST SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!

Considering all the stupid chit you post, I could give a *** what you have to say. Did your vag get hurt by my comment? Are you one of the pole smokers that drives an auto and pretends you have a manual?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:58 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Oh wow...did you just say that???
The standard S2000, Lotus Elise, Evo IX's and z06 must be the Crimson Jihad of cars then?

BTW - Let's not close this MT/AT thread or newbs will start a new one. We have this under control!!
They have got the right idea. Don't water your sports down car to cater to lazy drivers. Me personally I want to feel like I am driving a sports car, not playing a video game.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Z04

Considering all the stupid chit you post, I could give a *** what you have to say. Did your vag get hurt by my comment? Are you one of the pole smokers that drives an auto and pretends you have a manual?
obviously you do since you took the time and responded to it. as for being upset, seems you are the one that is hurt. i mean, you had to resort to grade school playground namecalling and personal attacks to respond.

also, before you start talking about "stupid posts" maybe you should read your own first

https://my350z.com/forum/7978093-post4.html

seriously.

Last edited by Z04; 12-09-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Brandon26pdx

Combination of what the car will primarily be used for and simply what you prefer. I like 6mt because they tend to be less problematic that autos, less expensive when buying new, and just provide a more interesting (if not faster) experience.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:25 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by Z04
obviously you do since you took the time and responded to it. as for being upset, seems you are the one that is hurt. i mean, you had to resort to grade school playground namecalling and personal attacks to respond.

also, before you start talking about "stupid posts" maybe you should read your own first

https://my350z.com/forum/7978093-post4.html

seriously.

LMAO. That is the best you have? Dude, shut the *** up before I pull up pages of worthless chit that you have said. Like the hundred of failed attempts you have made to stop people asking for advice on what they should do to their car. Didn't you even start a thread crying about that? Do you have "Do what YOU want with YOUR car" saved somewhere so all you have to do is copy and paste it? But hey, keep it up, you are making a huge difference.

Still curious how many pedals you have in your floorboard. I still think you put it in N, rev the crap out of your engine and drop it into D so you can catch a cool wheel.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Z04

Still curious how many pedals you have in your floorboard. I still think you put it in N, rev the crap out of your engine and drop it into D so you can catch a cool wheel.
neither what i have for a transmission nor the reason why are none of your business. please continue with your childish name-calling posts. i need a good laugh today.

actually, forget that. you are not worth my time or effort.

This message is hidden because JEKL is on your ignore list.

Last edited by Z04; 12-09-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Is buying an Auto vs 6speed a joke?