Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is automatic ok?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Vicynax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto is fine... I miss auto in LA traffic, but I'll miss my manual if I were to drive my Z on weekends and night times.

Performance wise, it's the same unless you track. You'll see alot of ppl talk big talk about them being so much faster with manual. Get an auto, tell all these "manly man" to race you from stop. Trust me, prob 80% of them will lose to your auto.

And do you want a manual Z or a mad wife for the many years you own your car?
Old 07-21-2006, 05:51 PM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by Fr3ak
please let me publicly apologize for giving my wife a say into a $25k purchase. i have an awesome marriage, of which is based on mutal decisions, that involve that kind of money.
dude...since you guys have decide you're gonna purchase a $25k car for YOURSELF already, why the hell does she have a say in something you're gonna get for yourself? UNLESS, she's the breadwinner of the family, then I'd understand that you'll have to ask her permission to spend HER money....or unless you're gonna buy for her, then you're very selfish to even consider a stick just to make you happy....

buddy, grow some *****...I got off work one day and decided to go look at boats and ended up buying a $30,000 boat without consulting anyone but me...I buy what I want, she doesn't get a say in it if I want to buy for myself...
Old 07-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Vicynax

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
dude...since you guys have decide you're gonna purchase a $25k car for YOURSELF already, why the hell does she have a say in something you're gonna get for yourself? UNLESS, she's the breadwinner of the family, then I'd understand that you'll have to ask her permission to spend HER money....or unless you're gonna buy for her, then you're very selfish to even consider a stick just to make you happy....

buddy, grow some *****...I got off work one day and decided to go look at boats and ended up buying a $30,000 boat without consulting anyone but me...I buy what I want, she doesn't get a say in it if I want to buy for myself...
Don't think you read his post. All you read was "wife say into 25k."

He is "Giving" his wife a say... I respect him for that... he's making it a decision based on mutual respect. Everyone's marriage works differently and I'm sure yours is quite different than his.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Built2shredZ

My cousin was standing behind me while I reading this thread so she read some of it and here's what she said
Every guy i've ever dated who was all macho about his car, whether it be a manual transmisison or a truck jacked 20 feet in there air, they were all the same, they had @icks the size of my pinky finger
Her words not mine lol
Old 07-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by Vicynax
Don't think you read his post. All you read was "wife say into 25k."

He is "Giving" his wife a say... I respect him for that... he's making it a decision based on mutual respect. Everyone's marriage works differently and I'm sure yours is quite different than his.
Ya he probably gives her a upper cut if she talks back to him
Old 07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
My cousin was standing behind me while I reading this thread so she read some of it and here's what she said
Her words not mine lol
Your cousin must get around. She must have seen lots of d1cks if she can make a judgement call like that. Then that's only the guys with manual trans and jacked up trucks, she's probably seen many others that didn't have sticks or jacked up trucks.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 PM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by TK2005
Your cousin must get around. She must have seen lots of d1cks if she can make a judgement call like that. Then that's only the guys with manual trans and jacked up trucks, she's probably seen many others that didn't have sticks or jacked up trucks.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 PM
TK2005

Do you think a 350Z makes her happy? i think an auto so she can drive it once a month when im too drunk to drive it makes her happy. A Bimmer would have made her happy. Tranmissions arent a huge deal to me. Ive been there and done that. ive had a 11sec Talon and a 12.0xx SRT4, racing days are far behind me.
So you based a $25K purchase on the 1% of the time that she would drive it as opposed to the 99% of the time you would be driving it? My wife doesn't even bother carrying a purse. She knows it's useless. The only thing I need her purse for is gum. There is nothing wrong with driving an auto. If you like auto then you like auto. Saying it was because your wife said, "auto or no Z", is sad to me.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 PM
NewJerZ

Originally Posted by Mewantbfp
Im looking to buy a 350z but my question is, is there any difference between the manual and the automatic rather then the obvious because although i want a manual i found a good deal on an automatic 2003 what do you guys think is it worth it to go without the manual?

Two things: Definitely pass up on the 2003 year Z (Too many quality control related issues..others will tell you about this).

Also, negative on the automatic...get the 6 Speed, since that's what you want anyway...be PATIENT and wait for the right Z to come along!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
NewJerZ

Thumbs down

my wife said auto or no Z...its aint that bad
Sorry dawg..BUT that's pretty damn weak on your part to let the wife dictate what YOUR car should be equipped with.

UNLESS, the case is that SHE will be driving the Z sometimes (more of an OUR car vs MY car scenario) . Otherwise, that's some hen-pecked type of bullshyt, son.

Last edited by NewJerZ; 07-21-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:53 PM
ZPatrick

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Right answer!

bill
+111111111111111111111
Old 07-22-2006, 12:13 AM
kumdolife88

arrite so back on the thread..i say get the mt if thats what you wanted first, because youll probably come back and post i wish i bought a mt.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:41 AM
MeetJoeAsian

ugh...i give up...
WE WIN!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:44 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by kumdolife88
arrite so back on the thread..i say get the mt if thats what you wanted first, because youll probably come back and post i wish i bought a mt.
yup...you will...just like the millions nutless sacks on here who's wives told them "auto or no Z" (sorry Fr3ak, you were the quickest example I could find...but don't think that I'm bashing you, I'm bashing everyone...oooh, I'm gonna get flamed for this)
Old 07-22-2006, 06:12 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
WE WIN!
It doesn't mean much. He lost a long time ago.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Built2shredZ

Possibly, I try to avoid the sexual history of people im related to...

although you have to admit that its pretty pathetic when a Guy bases his manhood on wheather or not he drives a manual tranmission.... I think my cousins right in that it suggests that he has some seroius sexual insecurities
Old 07-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Bigchef66

I'd say buy what you like the manuel is always percieved as the macho choice but as stated earlier in this thread 80% of the time the auto's gonna stuff the manuel off the lights The auto has that option to shift for yourself so best of both worlds. Mine own is an auto and folks always appear disappointed when they see asking the usual "NIce wheels But Chef why the auto" My answer, because it was a great price for a fabulous car and of course there's that option to shift. I'll take those disappointed faces out for a thrape and well hey before you know it (about 100yrds) there's the huge grin and the auto issue is forgotten.... BUY WHAT YOU WANT NOT WHAT YOU THINK OTHER PEOPLE THINK YOU SOULD>>>>
Old 07-22-2006, 08:23 AM
MeetJoeAsian

Every guy i've ever dated who was all macho about his car, whether it be a manual transmisison or a truck jacked 20 feet in there air, they were all the same, they had @icks the size of my pinky finger
Her words not mine lol
Possibly, I try to avoid the sexual history of people im related to...

although you have to admit that its pretty pathetic when a Guy bases his manhood on wheather or not he drives a manual tranmission.... I think my cousins right in that it suggests that he has some seroius sexual insecurities
I coulda sworn you drive a manual...I hope you defended all of us with your cousin when she said that...unless....ummm....ummm, i just hope she didn't include you in the example, cuz urrrr...that's called incess...ummm...then again, I live in Texas...where the rednecks marry their own cousins....oh well, ignore what I said...
Old 07-22-2006, 08:34 AM
hypeiv

Do you miss your ***** or does your wife let you peek in her purse to see them every now and then?
lol... that coming from the guy who can't spend one weekend away from his wife without getting bored...

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic/201114-wife-gone-for-two-days-and-i-am-bored-as-hell.html

whats that saying about the pot and kettle?

edit:

just so I say something on topic... if you are going to get involved with the Z community expect to take a lot of heat driving an auto so have some thick skin. Most people who drive standards get so used to it they don't even notice in traffic, so I wouldn't let that deter you from giving standard a try.

Last edited by hypeiv; 07-22-2006 at 08:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Is automatic ok?