Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lack of respect with a Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Chuck93GT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of respect with a Z

I've noticed a big change since getting my new Z. I don't like it. Sometimes it's positive young and old people commenting on it and stuff. Then their are other people that get jealous and saying i'm rich and all this other BS. I'm not rich by no means i just work my *** of to earn what i get. But i've had several nice mustangs an Anniversary SC harley truck and i traded it for a Z. Still have my 93 mustang that's turbo'd and runs 9's at around 149mph. No one makes or has made any bad remarks about any of the previous cars. When i drive the mustang out everyone is super nice and are always goin on and on about the car. No one makes a single negative comment even though i've got well over twice as much in it as the Z. I think it's just the area that i live in. Filled with rednecks who think if your not driving a ford or chevy then your rich. One imparticular in a old blazer had been looking at my car at the redlight. We pull out and after we get up a little speed he flicks he's cigarette out his passenger window onto my car. I pull up and was like WTH you just flipped your cig out on my hood. He said sorry next time i'll hit your windsheild. I'm not goin to repeat what happened after that but i was furious. Didn't hurt the car but it was the principle of it. Had i been in the harley truck or mustang that wouldn't have happened. People act like it's a damn porche or something.

Then last night i came outside of a restaurant last night to find a good size dent in my pass. door. Just turned 1,000 miles too. I parked it under a light where no cars were even close to bein around it. When i came out an hour later still no cars around but i had a dent in the side. I guess i'll be goin to my local paintless dent removel guy sometime this week. Anyone else have similar problems like i've had?
Old 08-13-2006, 06:04 AM
NewJerZ

If it were ME...I'd get the F*ck outta dodge! I've been to Nashville twice and stayed at the Opryland Hotel for Johnson & Johnson Pharma. National Sales Mtgs (One time they held the MF Country Music Awards at the hotel....Seeing rednecks in tuxedos and cowboy hats was bizarre..Plus the food REALLY sucked at the hotel...BBQ Pulled Pig on a bun was the special EVERY NITE...WTF??)

Being a East Coast dude....I was obviously out of my element and naturally felt extremely out of place there....That flight BACK to Philly couldn't happen soon enough!!

Anyway, as we ventured into Nashville for dinner at night, There was an enormous amount of redneck f*cks like you described....Driving mostly American made trucks and cars.

Many of these people seemed to have the "Buy American..cuz those damn foreigners are taking our jobs" sort of mentality.

With you driving a Z...They probably look down on you for having a nice car that they can't afford...so jealousy and an aversion to foreign cars = Redneck f*ckery.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Suvlaki

Originally Posted by Chuck93GT
...Filled with rednecks who think if your not driving a ford or chevy then your rich....
Yeah that's probably it. Keep a sidearm with you at all times so when you see these people, you can shoot them in the forehead and do America a favor.

No, seriously, don't know what all the hate is about. The car certainly looks alot more expensive than it is imo but damn... That would make me respect it, not dent it out of jealousy.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Chuck93GT

Oh i agree with you completely on nashville. I was down there a number of years ago and i couldn't stand the place. Bristol is a small town. But we are fortunate enough to have the drag strip here. It's not all rednecks i have quite a few friends that have nice rides import and domestic. Just seems like the ones that come out of the hills are the ones with the problem. Braggin bout bein a redneck and wearing steel toe boots. Think they've been smokin too much tree bark or something. Hell i don't know.

But yea these cars do look more expensive than what they are. Mine not bein stock either probably doesn't make it any better either. Oh well...
Old 08-13-2006, 07:57 AM
bofa

Move to FL where rich guys in Vettes drool over your $30K sports car... (from experience)
Old 08-13-2006, 08:28 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are right about the area you are living in that is cuasing the comments to a sport import car. I've heard nothing but compliments and nice things about my car. Not one single bad thing.

The closes bad thing someone said was when I was parked beside my friends STI, two kids walked by my car and said it was "nice", then they passed the STI and said "Now that's mean!". LOL
Old 08-13-2006, 09:06 AM
pingbling23

Ive never had anything like that happen to me. If that happened to me i guess i would have had to pull that redneck piece of sh*t out of that blazer and beat him sensless in the middle of the street. alot of people just dont care about anybody but there self anymore, thats sad.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Key Of Z

Most "truck" guys (and girls) don't like the s2000 either. I've come close to being run over on several occasions.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:31 AM
smokedout350z

keep a 12 gauge in the back nobody will mess with you then....i keep an ak in mines lolz
Old 08-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokedout350z
keep a 12 gauge in the back nobody will mess with you then....i keep an ak in mines lolz
Yeah whatever.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:43 AM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokedout350z
Yeah OTAY
That'll work well.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:45 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Originally Posted by Chuck93GT
But yea these cars do look more expensive than what they are. Mine not bein stock either probably doesn't make it any better either. Oh well...
+1

once outside of fedex near dulles airport some of the employees were sitting
there admiring the car. they asked how much and when i told them their jaw
dropped. they were expecting me to say something much higher.

they couldn't believe you could get one for the price of a maxima.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Chuck93GT

Yea well i didn't want to say but it pissed me off so after he made the comment about hitting the windsheild. I pulled back up beside him and was like **** YOU!!! He tried to be all bad and told me to pull over that he was goin to kick my ***, i guess cause he didnt' think i would so me and my buddy did. Guy was about 250lbs of flub comes over to my window and is like get out. Told him i would if he wasn't standing in front of my door. Got out thinking he would have some ***** to do something. He walked back over to his truck and was standing between it and me. This was after like 5 of his buddies pulled in too. I'm not a little guy myself. Not huge but like 6'3 200lbs... Guess he didn't want any at that point though. After we were there some of them turned out to be 17. I'm not goin to jail over some immature piece of crap like that.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:43 AM
bofa

You did the right thing.. not sure I would have kept my cool that well.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Changvi

Yea well i didn't want to say but it pissed me off so after he made the comment about hitting the windsheild. I pulled back up beside him and was like **** YOU!!! He tried to be all bad and told me to pull over that he was goin to kick my ***, i guess cause he didnt' think i would so me and my buddy did. Guy was about 250lbs of flub comes over to my window and is like get out. Told him i would if he wasn't standing in front of my door. Got out thinking he would have some ***** to do something. He walked back over to his truck and was standing between it and me. This was after like 5 of his buddies pulled in too. I'm not a little guy myself. Not huge but like 6'3 200lbs... Guess he didn't want any at that point though. After we were there some of them turned out to be 17. I'm not goin to jail over some immature piece of crap like that.

I would've kicked his fat *** anyways. People like that have absolutely no respect for other people and their properties. A lesson needs to be taught in order for them to realize the world is changing everyday, its not the old 1960's or 50's anymore where stereotype was in full swing. This is the 21st century. Tell them to get on with the program.....
Old 08-13-2006, 12:10 PM
iknowitsfast

Originally Posted by NewJerZ
If it were ME...I'd get the F*ck outta dodge! I've been to Nashville twice and stayed at the Opryland Hotel for Johnson & Johnson Pharma. National Sales Mtgs (One time they held the MF Country Music Awards at the hotel....Seeing rednecks in tuxedos and cowboy hats was bizarre..Plus the food REALLY sucked at the hotel...BBQ Pulled Pig on a bun was the special EVERY NITE...WTF??)

Being a East Coast dude....I was obviously out of my element and naturally felt extremely out of place there....That flight BACK to Philly couldn't happen soon enough!!

Anyway, as we ventured into Nashville for dinner at night, There was an enormous amount of redneck f*cks like you described....Driving mostly American made trucks and cars.

Many of these people seemed to have the "Buy American..cuz those damn foreigners are taking our jobs" sort of mentality.

With you driving a Z...They probably look down on you for having a nice car that they can't afford...so jealousy and an aversion to foreign cars = Redneck f*ckery.
Funny thing, i stayed at that awesome ******* Opry hotel for a natl sales convention for Jp Morgan Chase in January. i remember going 'downtown' Nashville and seeing a few 350Zs in a sea of redneck pickups and American made cars lol....god i couldnt wait to get back to chicago. lol
Old 08-13-2006, 12:20 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by Changvi
I would've kicked his fat *** anyways. People like that have absolutely no respect for other people and their properties. A lesson needs to be taught in order for them to realize the world is changing everyday, its not the old 1960's or 50's anymore where stereotype was in full swing. This is the 21st century. Tell them to get on with the program.....
Lol I think that's one of the reason Chevy owners are nostalgic. A time of innocence, lynching, and good ol american apple pie.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:33 PM
taurran

Just remember that the only *** these rednecks will ever see is that of their sisters.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:20 PM
DIGItonium

I had people who talk about other cars being faster and better than mine just because of a movie... like a Mini Cooper S. I told them, well you guys don't own one so it doesn't make you any better than me.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:31 PM
181 BluZ

I think its just the area that you live in. Here in PDX I've gotten only 1 disrespectful comment about my Z.

Quick Reply: Lack of respect with a Z