Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 06:51 AM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay, the numbers posted were from a nissan website. I do, however, understand that you don't want them here.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:57 AM
Z&Jet-Pilot

We do NOT have the right to call them either
I do believe anyone has the 'right' to call whomever they like. Nissan has the option to not accept the call if they so choose.

Personally, I called Nissan a few months ago and they have been calling me back on a regular basis to follow up. Actually if the dealers where as concerned as Nissan is, I would not have to call Nissan in the first place.

It is WRONG to tell someone about their rights in this manner.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:03 AM
westpak
SFZCC

J, I appreciate your position but it does not make sense that by calling Nissan here in the states and spending five minutes in one day, not everyday, how that is going to affect some japanese worker from completing the car. Additionally they could avoid the phone swamping by being proactive and sending us an email or quick phone call with the information, I think most of the people calling is because they see the boards and therefore have access to email. Besides their numbers are on a acessible website of their own.

I think we all agree that the dealers are worthless and their only interest in us was at the time of the order and will be again at the time of delivery.

I still say we do have the right because we did step up and put an order in for the car, in my case I did not put down 100% but did put down almost 15% so i think that the interest on my money earns me a five minute phone call.

Sorry, not meaning to flame but I have been patient and with my 5 minute conversation today I am satisfied for another few weeks until the expectation of VIN's at which time I will be calling again as I was informed to do by the person at the regional office.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:03 AM
nizl

Have to agree with Z&Jet-Pilot here.

Actually, I called my dealership, and they even told me to call Nissan directly!!
Old 07-12-2002, 07:19 AM
raceboy
Banned

J, were you serious in your post??? I sure hope not! This is Nissan's own monster they created by not keeping their customers in the loop and now they are complaining about beeing swamped with phone calls?? Puhleeaze!!! Everyone here DOES have the right to call NNA if they can't get info from the dealership. From the looks of it, that is what the dealers are suggesting as well. I suggest that everyone call tomorrow to complain about being told NOT TO CALL!!!
Old 07-12-2002, 07:20 AM
principe

I've been a Jay supporter from the start but this one I have a hard time swallowing! I can't get my dealer to tell me anything, I mean anything. Their story changed 3-4 times and they claim they know nothing... so who you gonna call...

As one of our fellow members stated if Nissan would be more proactive and hell they knew this pre-sell would generate sales and questions, why aren't they more open with some news. I think if they would open up with something we would back off and say hey I now know when, let them do their thing!

If they know the calls are generated form our board (and the number is posted on their site) then they must be reading this .. wake up guys all were asking for is some news.

Sorry Jay!
Old 07-12-2002, 07:21 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder how many phone calls were actually made by members of the this forum (www.thecourteousboard.com) to an NNA regional office.

I count 182 members who have provided pre-order info for our various threads on packet number, or R,S,T number. I'm sure we have lurkers on the forum who have pre-ordered, but just read, and don't post. But of those 182 members, I'd bet not more than half called their regional NNA office. Most probably followed guidelines, and called their dealer, to get a bunch more of nothing. So maybe 90 calls, spread out between a half dozen regional offices?

Maybe Nissan was fielding calls from dealers, on behalf of customers, simply following guidelines.

I don't think any member of this forum who felt the need to make the call should feel bad for doing so. I also don't think the calls were as numerous as NNA would make us believe. But if they were, then surely NNA realizes the problem is not an enthusiast forum such as this.

The problem lies elsewhere.

It's worth repeating.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once an order is taken, we'll start an ongoing dialog with the buyers which will continue up to and beyond their delivery date."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ordered in March. Time to start the dialogue Nissan. If you don't make the call, I will.

Last edited by Scafremon; 07-12-2002 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:32 AM
ZISME
Nissan USA

Originally posted by VQracer

That has not happened ONCE!!!!! for me!!!!!! They have NEVER contacted me!
If you did not receive the confirmation letter and the final spec piece, please let me know. That probably indicates a problem with your orderl.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:33 AM
Zay

This is just the latest chapter in the 350Z preorder saga that gets our juices flowing for the month. What will it be next month?
Old 07-12-2002, 07:45 AM
a_p

I finally got my confirmation and the packet w/ the CD-Rom today!

Oh yeah!

I'm just happy that my order wasn't lost, and I'll be getting my Z sometime this year.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:16 AM
BW350Z

I've got an idea. Why don't we all box up our little "special package" and send it to our dealers so they will at least know what car it is that they are selling us. It seems to me that nobody in the process of selling these cars from the dealers up to the higher ups such a ZISME have any idea when these cars are being produced, in what order they are being produced, and most of all, any idea within a couple of months when they might be delivered. What are they doing throwing darts to determine build dates? A lot of people are trying to plan for this purchase. I really don't think it is to much to ask in this stage of the game to get some sort of definitive word on what the hell is going on with our cars!
Old 07-12-2002, 08:45 AM
rep15

I must disagree with you Jman. If there are 1000/1600 members who have pre-ordered that means we are a $30,000,000 bloc of customers. If we wish to call Nissan, we should be able to call Nissan. If we feel we are treated with indifference by the dealers we have the clout to make our objections known; we have the right to make our objections known. We have the power to get answers from Nissan as evidenced by Nissan's plea to stop calling. I would say we have made an impact already and they know who we are and we are exceedingly unhappy with their treament of us. Perhaps now Nissan will be more willing to share information with the dealers and hopefully inform them that they are the first line of information. If this happens, it is because of our strength as a bloc of customers.

Power to the people! (ok, that part was over the top)
Old 07-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should be providing more information. They haven't. So, it's their own fault that they are being swamped with phone calls. They CHOSE to have a pre-order program. They now have certain responsibilities to keep us informed. Perhaps now they will release some information to the dealers.

Last edited by Intrepid; 07-12-2002 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:01 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

I am STUNNED by this thread, Jay. Like Rep said, we represent perhaps $30 MILLION worth of orders. People post PUBLIC info and then you censor the site because Nissan is getting too many calls. I DON'T GET THIS AT ALL. The reason WHY we call the Nissan regions . . . is because THEY HAVE THE INFO WE NEED. Numerous people have found out the approx. date their car will be here from the regional people, after their dealers told them nothing. ZISME, if you want people to stop calling the regions, why don't you have the regions call EVERY Nissan dealer and give them the info that the regions have. I would happly talk to my dealer, if my dealer KNEW ANYTHING!! That would be a MUCH better solution than leaning on Jay to CENSOR PUBLIC info from this site, which I can not understand why Jay would ever agree to do. The reason every one is calling the regions is because the regions have info that is NOT being communicated to the purchasers. ZISME, if you don't want us calling the regions, then give the info to the dealers, and then tell us who to complain to if the dealers still won't give us the info.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

The thing is, even if J censored all the phone numbers here, what about other sites? I'm sure people will get the number else where and still call the office. I understand that J doesn't want to be in a bad position with NNA, but this is getting ridiculous.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:28 AM
InternetABYSS

I feel somewhat responsible.....RXO gave me the Idea from his post to check out for possible VIN's...and the truth is i cant blame RXO because i been calling the regional office in TX for 6 months LOL not everyday but enough to where they call me

Sorry for stirring up the bees...i was just telling people how i get my info...I never posted any numbers this time....I learned from my lesson long time ago on posting numbers.

I should have learned from letting some people know how to get their black confrimation letter by calling Mertiz in Mo a few months ago.

I guess it is ok for one fly in the ointment...AKA me but it isnt ok for the forums people.

Oh well live and learn.

I'll keep my word Zisme..and not stir up the bees anymore.

WELL....I'll just post stuff I find out about my car...you guys can believe me or not....I'm no longer gonna give tips on how to get info.

Sorry Nissan

(_8^o Dohhhh!

Internetabyss
------------------
Old 07-12-2002, 09:34 AM
silverstone_350z

If you did not receive the confirmation letter and the final spec piece, please let me know. That probably indicates a problem with your orderl.
ZISME, i tried to e mail you, but that wasnt an option.
i have yet to receive my package from NNA.

i put a $500 deposit in Michigan on 4-12-02.
i called my dealer, and he said that ONLY the people that will get their cars in August/September will reciever their packages now. since i wont get my Z till mid November, he said my package will not get to me until later.

PLEASE, can you confirm this? does my dealer know what he is talking about? i hope i get to hear a response form you soon.

thanx

Quick Reply: IMPORTANT MESSAGE