Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What do dealers do with the 06 in 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:56 AM
John@Victory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Remind all of us again why you were recently banned? Unbelievable.
And your earlier comment about the car doesn't cost the dealer less to own is true, however, the car is worth much less on the open market.
i was recently banned for something i didnt even do.

the fact i tell someone there are flat out lying has nothing to do with anything.

if as a dealer i came in here and said yes we discount z cars for 15k you guys would believe that, and most likely start saying stuff about the "STEALERSHIPS" getting over on someone and out to screw the little customer.

but when i put the truth out there and call Bullsh!t exactly that, straight and utter bullsh!t... well then im a bad guy....

feel how you want about me personally, as i really dont care. but one thing i dont do is lie. i dont have anything to prove to anyone and will never meet but maybe 1/100th of 1% of the people on this board. so its not like i have something to gain here. just speaking the truth and calling bullsh!t when its spoken
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Ruining

Originally Posted by John@Victory
what do you mean chill out? i am perfectly calm. but if i know for a fact someone is a liar, im going to tell them they are a liar...
im not angry, stressed or pissed off. just stating facts...

Well, you sound like a freaking looney! Give me the names of your dealersips again, so I can avoid them when I'm ready to buy again.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:14 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by Ruining
Well, you sound like a freaking looney! Give me the names of your dealersips again, so I can avoid them when I'm ready to buy again.
Thats what people like to throw out there about others when they dont like what they are hearing.

so im looney because im stating you cant buy a new z for 10k under sticker?

ill tell you what.

ill put up a thousand dollars to the first person that can show me where they bought a NEW 350z that wasnt damaged ect with a clear title.... no trade involved and didnt use dealer financing.

thats how positive i am with my statements....

call it looney, crazy, insane or what ever you want.... but what it really is , is the truth and you guys just dont want to hear it
Old 08-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Ruining

I didn't say I didn't want to hear it. Hell, I was just going for some popcorn.

I just noticed your 3 posts in a row when you could've just used the edit button to reply to something that seems you are taking personally.

And a little off topic. Is your roll cage for one person only? No passengers? How do you like it? Peace.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:33 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John@Victory
a z car fella thats how i know you and the other guy are freaking lieing. ..

oh and smart guy if you look above the avitar again you will see i dont work in petersburg ...
You didn't say "dude" .... but you did use the terms "fella" and "smart guy" ...

Either way I don't think anyone in this thread is trying to insult you.

btw: what does Morning Glorie (a woman in her 40s) have to gain by lying about the deal she got? Granted some details may be left out (trade-ins, etc.) but I don't think she would go out of her way to make up a story.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 08-23-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:45 AM
6894kevin

I never thought my simple question would be answered this way.

I have a follow up question to ask yall ? (Yes I am from the South)
Clubs, tracks, gatherings, or any sort of places that I can go to? I want to become as familiar as possible with this car before I buy one. I live in Greenville SC until graduation
Then who knows where I will be if I get the job I am going for.

Thanks

Kevin
Old 08-23-2006, 09:49 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
I never thought my simple question would be answered this way.

I have a follow up question to ask yall ? (Yes I am from the South)
Clubs, tracks, gatherings, or any sort of places that I can go to? I want to become as familiar as possible with this car before I buy one. I live in Greenville SC until graduation
Then who knows where I will be if I get the job I am going for.

Thanks

Kevin
Check out the regional forums ... in your case you'd be looking in the South East Forum.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 AM
NewJerZ

Sorry to tell ya Kevin...but you created a Thread Monster!!

Old 08-23-2006, 10:00 AM
6894kevin

WTF?
I tend to attract freaks weirdo’s but this is a first for me on-line

Thanks for the direction to regional forums.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 08-23-2006, 10:03 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
You didn't say "dude" .... but you did use the terms "fella" and "smart guy" ...

btw: what does Morning Glorie (a woman in her 40s) have to gain by lying about the deal she got? Granted some details may be left out (trade-ins, etc.) but I don't think she would go out of her way to make up a story.

if you would have read my whole post you quoted certain posts from, you may have noticed i myself said " i never called you dude, i believe fella was the word i used."

but it really doesnt matter.

what does she gain by stating she got the car for roughly 9k off sticker? guess you should ask her that one...

but one thin is for sure she didnt get 7k off sticker and 4 300 dollar tires on top of that
Old 08-23-2006, 10:04 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by Ruining
I didn't say I didn't want to hear it. Hell, I was just going for some popcorn.

I just noticed your 3 posts in a row when you could've just used the edit button to reply to something that seems you are taking personally.

And a little off topic. Is your roll cage for one person only? No passengers? How do you like it? Peace.

the edit feature is over rated. LOL

i can get two people in the car but the passenger really need to be under 5'8" to be anywhat comfy

but i like it from my side of the car. LOL
Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Morningglorie

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z

Thank you.

And no details left out, incidentally. No trade-in, no dealer financing, just a straight and simple deal, half financed through my credit union and half in cash. Not having any complications made it simple.

The deal on the tires is that I had to agree to get all routine service done at the dealership. That was fine with me as we've had our Maxima serviced there for 6 years and never had a problem, and their prices are fair. Obviously they'll be making money on the service; still seems like a good deal to me, as long as I don't have the dreaded "feathering" problem which would call for tire replacement earlier than 25k miles.

(I don't THINK that deal was unique to that dealership - he had some huge banner type signs in the showroom about it that seemed to be Nissan-originated. I assumed it was a Nissan corporate thing.)

Seems there are several of us who got excellent deals on left-over 2005's in 2006. So, in answer to the original question - if you're looking for a bargain on a 2006, AND if you can be flexible about color and options, you can probably start getting some great deals sometime around November. Probably can get some not-too-bad deals right now, and maybe have a better choice of models, trim lines, and options.

What you might want to do - do a web search for Nissan dealers within, say, 100 miles of where you are, maybe 200 if you don't mind the drive. Check their inventory on line. If you really want to buy now, shoot them an e-mail and see what you get.

Ignore any who say "come on down and we'll show you a good price." Just respond to the ones who actually quote you a price. There probably won't be many, but the ones who do have gone a step towards earning your business.

Re clubs and so forth, you might want to post that question on the Regions board, in the Southeastern Area topic. I believe there are some active groups in the Carolinas.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:13 AM
John@Victory

so copy and post the buyers order then. you can cover up the name and address. lets just see the numbers.. i mean if what you say is in infact the truth
Old 08-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Morningglorie

I don't have a scanner, no way to copy and post. Sorry. Believe me or not, I don't care. I'm not the only one who found a good deal. Seems the regular posters here know who's credible and who isn't.

Sorry, buddy.

By the way, let's see your copy of the deal whereby you claim your dealership "bought rosenthol." If you did, a) it would have been in the business news in the Washington Post. I found no such reference. And b) probably any such buyer would have known how to spell the dealership name.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Gilley

Kevin, you will get a better value for your money by looking for a slightly used Z after you graduate. Get one with plenty of warranty left and in great condition and you'll likely get a better price and you won't incurr the initial depriciation that occurs with a new vehicle. Just have it checked out to make sure it hasn't been wrecked or anything negative. Then you'll be even less in debt, with only a few thousand extra miles that if you had bought it new.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by Morningglorie
I don't have a scanner, no way to copy and post. Sorry. Believe me or not, I don't care. I'm not the only one who found a good deal. Seems the regular posters here know who's credible and who isn't.

Sorry, buddy.

By the way, let's see your copy of the deal whereby you claim your dealership "bought rosenthol." If you did, a) it would have been in the business news in the Washington Post. I found no such reference. And b) probably any such buyer would have known how to spell the dealership name.
well, lets see... the GIANT SIGN in front of what used to be rosenthol that now says VICTORY should suffice.. you can drive on up to gaithersburg and check that out for yourself. we have owned that store for almost 2 years now...or you could go into my automotive group webpage and scroll over the nissan symbol and all of the nissan dealerships we own will then drop down. you can then see the Gaithersburg store and the other 25 stores we own. the store in chantilly and the nissan store in pittsburg arent listed on there yet

you can fax the buyers order to me and i can scan it and post it

Last edited by John@Victory; 08-23-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
NewJerZ

Why don't John and MorningGlorie meet for pancakes at the IHOP...then we can settle this..dammit...LOL
Old 08-23-2006, 11:31 AM
waver

Default used Z's

Originally Posted by Gilley
Kevin, you will get a better value for your money by looking for a slightly used Z after you graduate. Get one with plenty of warranty left and in great condition and you'll likely get a better price and you won't incurr the initial depriciation that occurs with a new vehicle. Just have it checked out to make sure it hasn't been wrecked or anything negative. Then you'll be even less in debt, with only a few thousand extra miles that if you had bought it new.
I looked at used Z's, but never saw enough of a discount to buy used. Apparently these cars hold their value pretty well!

Your results may differ.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:44 AM
kourosH

Originally Posted by zrausch
A local Nissan dealership here just finally sold a new(73 miles) 05 touring with all options including nav with a sticker of $31k
thats fun, i got my 06 touring for only $2k more.. LEDs, HIDs, Revup, 300hp, newer rims, koool.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by NewJerZ
Why don't John and MorningGlorie meet for pancakes at the IHOP...then we can settle this..dammit...LOL

IHOP is over rated... i could do for the huddle house though. lol

Quick Reply: What do dealers do with the 06 in 2007?