Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z touring auto non-revup vs 06 6 speed rev-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:25 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by marques1
First of all i was writting fast because i had something i had to do that was a little more important than this so get off my back. Well i read threads about auto vs. manual and they say that there isn't much difference in times between the two. The quarter mile times between the two are extremely close to each other so i really dont understand where the huge difference comes in. My 03 has more torque while his 06 has more horsepower plus my 2 mods so i would think i would still come ahead but like i said i did pull him about 1 car till about 80ish till he started pulling hard but i didnt get my *** kicked or anything like that and if it was the same year as my car it would have been a extremely close race he just pulled me because of his rev-up engine of course. I was wondering is their anything that i can do to be equal if not faster than him like a plenum or a transmission upgrade or a pulley. I was sure to use proper punctuation and grammar for all the english majors that don't have anything else to do but rag on people. I know how to write and use correct grammar so please get a life! i guess the real question is is their any upgrades you can do to the auto transmission so it gets less drive train loss or what?
I can understand this.

When we talk about the performance difference between the manual and automatic transmission, I relate to quarter mile ET. If the manual is a 14 second car, then the automatic is 15 seconds: a difference of 1 second. Whether you call 1 second a little or a lot is up to you. Quarter mile races are won and lost by hundredths of a second. 1.0 seconds is like a lifetime. The only equatable race is Summit ET where the faster driver spots the slower driver. If you are hot, then spot the other driver. First to cross the finish line wins.