Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z as your only car

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 10:39 AM
teknochild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z as your only car

Ive been interested in getting a z for some time now, im a college student, and this would be my only car, i was wondering if anyone else has the z as there only car (no wife or g/f with a car either kind of thing) and how they found it fits, hacing only 2 seats and very limited cargo space that is
Old 08-27-2006, 10:50 AM
BurnMac42

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hehe i am a college student as well where do you go to school??? really the only time i found it a bit tricky was in the winter here in dayton ohio however i am lucky enough to have a girlfriend with a very similiar schedule as myself so the z was still a garage queen for the most part......if you have enough for a z why not just get the z and buy a beater pick up for under 2g which is what i am doing this year....
Old 08-27-2006, 10:52 AM
deezz

Originally Posted by BurnMac42
hehe i am a college student as well where do you go to school??? really the only time i found it a bit tricky was in the winter here in dayton ohio however i am lucky enough to have a girlfriend with a very similiar schedule as myself so the z was still a garage queen for the most part......if you have enough for a z why not just get the z and buy a beater pick up for under 2g which is what i am doing this year....
I live here in Dayton. I was in the Beavercreek area once and saw a Gold Z with Black wheels, was that you?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:54 AM
tytalian

i went from a 02 altima se to the z and it took some time to get used to not having backseats. it has plenty of room for me. it's nice when you go out with friends and not have to drive!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Mewantbfp

Im a college student too and I just got my Z so im going to be attempting the whole all year round thing. I would say that in florida you should be fine. Get some new tires because it rains alot down there and i know the stock tires are only good for dry pavement. As for the seats i couldnt be more satisfied. Now i dont have to drive everyone around because i only have 2 seats. Most of the time its just me alone or with my girlfriend in the car. And if theres more than 3 people i dont have to worry about driving . The one thing that most people do say is that in a college setting your more likely to get dings and dents in your car which can be true. Also get a damn good alarm because theres alot of shady kids in college as you know and you dont want your car broken into. Well GOOD luck and Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Gralark

The coupes have more room in the back than you would think. I do my grocery shoppin and everything in mine.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
daz311x

The Z is my only car and im a student too. Honestly, I have no problems with having limited cargo space and only having 2 seats. Its great not having back seats so you wont have to drive people around. If you ever need to haul large objects just borrow a friends car. A Z is a sports car and its not practical. The point of owning a Z is to put a smile on your face everytime you drive it and it does. That's why I love it. Case closed.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 PM
thrill350z

I was a college student when I got my Z, perfect time to have one. You get lots of attention, there very little need for the extra space. Let someone else drive u and ur friends around, ur backseat won't get messed up and you'll save on gas money. I'd say if there's a time to have when its when ur a student
Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 PM
rAiN

gsx
Old 08-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

works good for me (single w/ gf).
Old 08-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Z_rican

I love it. Sucks when something breaks though. I havean 03.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:16 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes. The 350Z is my daily driver. It does everything that I need it to to. Considering that you live south of the snowbelt, go for it.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:23 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,277 Likes on 1,022 Posts

No problem for me. I sold my '98 T/A and traded in my '04 Wrangler and '06 Triumph Speed Triple to get my Z. It's my only car now.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:25 PM
teknochild

lol i LIKE driving though, right now i have a mazda 3 and whenever i go anywhere w/ people im always like "im driving" then everyone starts sweating and walks to the car real slow....

what are the stock tires, i thought they came with potenza tires, and i have a pair (im sure a diffrent model) on my mazda 3 and they work as well as you could expect in the rain

get a good car alarm? why, i understand what your saying, but a good car alarm is not going to stop some kid from breaking into my car, regardless of how he breaks in im sure the stock would go off, whens the last time you heard any car alarm and thought anything other than "turn that god dam thing off you moron" or did you rush to the car to make sure no ones breaking into it? lol

and another question when i get it im either putting 20% or lower on it, but i was wondering if anyone had the ***** to put about 50% on their windshield (WHOLE thing not the as-1 line) or something similar for heat reduction and the light darkness it gives?
Old 08-27-2006, 12:31 PM
teknochild

something i forgot, can someone tell em what the RPMS on the car are in 6th gear @ 110 and 120 mph and top speed?
Old 08-27-2006, 12:37 PM
BurnMac42

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deezz
I live here in Dayton. I was in the Beavercreek area once and saw a Gold Z with Black wheels, was that you?
no however that z lives behind the fairfield commons mall in the apartments back there...some asian kid (not meant to be racist) that seems to have a stick up his *** owns it, everytime i pass him i wave but he just ignores me...i drive a black 03 enthusiast that is stock except for a popcharger right now.....
Old 08-27-2006, 12:37 PM
highside107

Originally Posted by teknochild
something i forgot, can someone tell em what the RPMS on the car are in 6th gear @ 110 and 120 mph and top speed?
Top speed is electronically limited to 156/157mph. People have managed to get it to 159mph though, going on a slight downhill.

Not sure what RPMs are in 6th gear at 110... I do know 4th gear tops out at 110 mph though.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Mewantbfp

Originally Posted by teknochild
l

get a good car alarm? why, i understand what your saying, but a good car alarm is not going to stop some kid from breaking into my car, regardless of how he breaks in im sure the stock would go off, whens the last time you heard any car alarm and thought anything other than "turn that god dam thing off you moron" or did you rush to the car to make sure no ones breaking into it? lol
Well for me I have a 2-way lcd pager so when my alarm goes off it tells me and yes i walk outside with a stun gun or something and see if anyone is messing with my car. Also my alarm goes off just from the slightest tap of the car (which is how i want it) so it is pretty helpful. And i know i have been broken into before and the stock alarm didnt do **** for me. its no good if you dont hear it. But hey too each his own.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Miko

Your best bet is buying a Z with seating capacity of 4, which is the G35 coupe
Old 08-27-2006, 03:04 PM
matrix311

I have two vehicles. the Z and a GSX-R750. I can't haul much on the bike, but I do drive it on occasion. I can't seem to get enough of the Z since I bought it!

Quick Reply: Z as your only car