Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer Delivery Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 09:34 PM
matshane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Delivery Information

I just drove back from my dealership. Had to hold my salespersons hand and lead him through the process just to get my order number. I even had him pull up this sight on the computer to prove that this info was indeed available! Once he was convinced, he called the regional rep for me. The rep asked to talk to me. Asked if there was some kind of internet rumor about tracking numbers. I told him no rumor, that some people had actually obtain their numbers. He said they have been swamped with calls as ZISME's post indicates.

I got my order number and delivery date (Oct. 31 +/- 2weeks). Rep said my dealer should have this info as it was loaded into the computer last week. I explained that my dealer did not have this info. He stated that if they do an inquiry it should start showing up for all preorders of the Z with updates given as production starts or changes for any reason.

It appears that dealers may start having tracking info available soon!
Old 07-12-2002, 11:02 PM
barnicleboy
Banned

Default Re: Dealer Delivery Information

Originally posted by matshane
I just drove back from my dealership. Had to hold my salespersons hand and lead him through the process just to get my order number. I even had him pull up this sight on the computer to prove that this info was indeed available! Once he was convinced, he called the regional rep for me. The rep asked to talk to me. Asked if there was some kind of internet rumor about tracking numbers. I told him no rumor, that some people had actually obtain their numbers. He said they have been swamped with calls as ZISME's post indicates.

I got my order number and delivery date (Oct. 31 +/- 2weeks). Rep said my dealer should have this info as it was loaded into the computer last week. I explained that my dealer did not have this info. He stated that if they do an inquiry it should start showing up for all preorders of the Z with updates given as production starts or changes for any reason.

It appears that dealers may start having tracking info available soon!
Matshane, when did you place your order and what color/trim was it? Oct 31st is a long time away.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:04 PM
justwant1

This is what people, like myself were afraid of. Pre-orders taken on Jan 15 are expecting delivery on Oct 31st while those ordering in April are being told to expect their cars on Sept 2nd, which won't happen, because it's Labor Day, so okay, Sept. 3rd. jyg 350z, I'm happy for you, but I do have one question, do you have a tracking number yet?
Old 07-12-2002, 11:16 PM
evicid

I'm quite sure that September 2 is actually referring to Sept '02, as in the year 2002.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:55 AM
matshane

Default Re: Re: Dealer Delivery Information

Originally posted by barnicleboy

Matshane, when did you place your order and what color/trim was it? Oct 31st is a long time away.
Barnicleboy,

I placed my order on 2/25. I ordered a Touring/Chrome Silver/Frost interior/6mt. Oct 31 is a long time away!! I see persons on this board that ordered well after I did and are getting their cars before me. Disappointing When I preordered My understanding was that I would get my car in Sept at the latest.

Matt
Chrome Silver/Touring/6mt
Old 07-13-2002, 03:59 AM
350ZMan

Default Enforcer:

From a post in another thread, Enforcer mentioned the email communication request form at NISSAN'S VERY OWN WEBSITE which I filled in sometime in Feb. right after I ordered my "Z". As of 7/12/02 I have received absolutely no, none, zilch, nada, zip, dick-point-squat emails from Nissan. Wouldn't this be a wonderful method of communication?
Old 07-13-2002, 04:07 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Re: Enforcer:

Originally posted by 350ZMan
From a post in another thread, Enforcer mentioned the email communication request form at NISSAN'S VERY OWN WEBSITE which I filled in sometime in Feb. right after I ordered my "Z". As of 7/12/02 I have received absolutely no, none, zilch, nada, zip, dick-point-squat emails from Nissan. Wouldn't this be a wonderful method of communication?
Here we go again...

Hey, I heard Nissan has a new method of sending out delivery dates for the Z. They're printing them on the bottom of selected pint glasses at your local gin mill. So I'd suggest everyone head down to their favorite tavern, and tip back as many pints as possible until you see your delivery date appear at the bottom of one of those pints. Perhaps the process of getting there will calm some of us down a bit.

And in the meantime, can we all just relax a little bit and stop acting like that kid from the Bugs Bunny cartoons, "I WANNA EASTER EGG, I WANNA EASTER EGG!" I always wanted Bugs to stick some dynamite in that kid's mouth...