Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

freakin Mustang drivers

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
ohw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your name happen to be Marty McFly? Do you actually believe it if they call you chick car or chicken?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:55 PM
joe_blow_xbox

I used to be one of those freakin Mustang drivers. I had a 99 GT covertible (stock). Guess what I replaced it with? My 06 Z coupe is faster than the Mustang, but the GT was a convertible == chunkier. The Z isn't that much faster, but it is faster.

There is no comparison about the handling. The Z is much better handling, and of course it looks better. Don't get me started about gas mileage --- 26 > 19 on the highway.

BTW I was never one of those punk drivers you mentioned. There was no Z available when I bought the Mustang or I would have gotten a Z.

The 'stang wasn't bad, just the Z is better!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:50 PM
btchnzcar

Originally Posted by gatty1303
well first off let me tell everyone that i love my Z. but also, just because SOME mustang owners are complete A holes dont mean they all are..it seems like everytime i get on here i see some thread about mustangs...before i got my Z, i had a 97 GT (heavily modded) that would blow the doors off a Z. I didnt go around lookin for Z's to try and race and act like a complete moron. I know plenty of Z owners who think their cars are the fastest thing on the road. So just dont let a FEW mustang owners ruin it for the rest of them.
I'm just talking about this particular Mustang driver. I know plenty of Mustang guys who are cool and like my Z.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by gatty1303
well first off let me tell everyone that i love my Z. but also, just because SOME mustang owners are complete A holes dont mean they all are..it seems like everytime i get on here i see some thread about mustangs...before i got my Z, i had a 97 GT (heavily modded) that would blow the doors off a Z. I didnt go around lookin for Z's to try and race and act like a complete moron. I know plenty of Z owners who think their cars are the fastest thing on the road. So just dont let a FEW mustang owners ruin it for the rest of them.
Your Quote "that would blow the doors off a Z"

*sigh* Your an a$$hole man... its true wat they say!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by ohw
I am so high, my name happens to be Marty McFly? I actually believe in rainbows with fat chicks in cars eating chicken?
wtf man?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:03 PM
doskiez

Aww mustangs lol. The only reason i ever pay them any attention is because of the hawt sorrority girls that always drive them around campus. Only been told it was a chick car by one girl, she changed her mind after i took her for a ride
Old 09-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ignorant is as ignorant does. The Z is not a "chick car" but there is nothing wrong with a chick owning one.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:28 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Most of the exotic rental companies here rent out the Z as one of their low end models. Usually 175-200 per day.

Easy to spot as they are all '06's with barcodes on the back windows.
+1 I rented a AT 06' Silverstone from Hertz (w/ barcode) ... but It was in Miami. But For the most part your average run-of-the-mill rental place do not rent Zs.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:40 AM
RobertH

there was this one hott chic that told me my car was a b*tch car, i told her to come take a ride and she would change her mind.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:46 AM
paco_350Z

gotta admit that a Z aint a chick car.

also gotta admit that the v6 mustang IS one by virtue of the fact that at least 80% of stang v6's i see are driven by chicks. and the one's I've seen certainly aint "hawwt".

not too many chicks drive the v8 tho.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Todd350ZX

Originally Posted by paco_350Z
gotta admit that a Z aint a chick car.

also gotta admit that the v6 mustang IS one by virtue of the fact that at least 80% of stang v6's i see are driven by chicks. and the one's I've seen certainly aint "hawwt".

not too many chicks drive the v8 tho.
I think 50% of the female softball team drives a mustang?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:27 AM
StewartZ

WOW!!! thats so annoying.
not chick cars at all.
girls liek them but definently more of a guy car.
if u drive an auto then ur driving a chick car
Old 09-07-2006, 08:56 AM
paco_350Z

Originally Posted by Todd350ZX
I think 50% of the female softball team drives a mustang?
I think the other 50% drive beat up ford rangers.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:19 PM
ouch1011

In response to the Mustang owner who just had to included that his old, heavily modified Mustang could roast a Z: I love it when people say that. Yeah, my car that I've modified and spent $10k to modify can waste your stock car. Good for you. I could put $15k in to my car and waste a stock Ferrari. Who really cares.

About the Z being a chick car, no. I think it is one of those cars that either a guy or a woman can drive and look good in.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:31 PM
EnthDB05

Actually Hertz has Zs for rent in several states, they call it the elite rental group

Originally Posted by NewJerZ
Sorry Dan Tana,

Here on the East Coast in NJ/Philly etc. , you CAN'T go to an Enterprise Rent-A-Car and rent a Z or any REAL Sportscar for that matter.

So NO...I'm NOT hiding under a rock....You peeps in Vegas roll a LOT different than we do out here.

They do have Exotic Car Rental places (Lambos, etc), but I've never seen or heard of a place that rents Z's.

Maybe another East Coast dude can prove me wrong...who knows?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:32 PM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About a month ago I came out of 7-11 and these two inbred rednecks were walking in toward the store from their work truck....as they were walking past my car (only car around at the time) they were rubbernecking really bad... and since they were both practically at a standstill and rubernecking they didn't see me leaving the store and walking towards the car.... and this fat slob says "it's a girls car!". Right about that time they look up and see me walking to the car. Whoops! So I say: "Yeah dude, I'm a chick"... he didn't have anything else to say for some reason.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,273 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
If its the new Mustang GT your going to lose....
I raced an '05 Stage 1 Roush (basically a GT with a cat-back) and had him by a car.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:45 PM
NewJerZ

^^ REALLY??

I had NO idea about that at all...Never even heard of Hertz's "Elite Rental Group". I'll have to check their website to see if that's available in the Philly/NYC area!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:49 PM
magictw77

I don't think any particular car is a chick car... with the exception of the Mazda Miata. But seriously. I think that it's ignorant people that limit themselves to particular cars. There are some great cars out there. If all you want is a affordable convertible then the Miata is the way to go. A couple of guys at work have miatas and have modded them to run nice numbers... never asked them... but the roll cage screams track car to me. In any case, I do appreciate each car's pros and cons.

Before my Z I was driving a 04 Honda Civic EX. Nice car. Got me to point B quite fine. But I wanted a car that had some ***** to it with a sleek exterior and a convertible top. Didn't want to pay out the *** for a good looker and so-so performance.

The new mustang, however, doesn't appeal to me just for the fact it's a Ford. Never did like fords at all. GM did away with the Camaro and the Firebird Trans Am. But IMO none of the domestics take corners like my Z. I love the feeling of the car going into a sharp corner, press the accelerator just a little and feeling the car lock into the turn. You all know what I'm talking about.

In high school, 12 years ago, I was driving a Pontiac Fiero 2M6 SE. Loved that car and almost felt as good as my Z. The Fiero was great to drive because it was so light back then. Today, it could use a bit more power. But everyone loved the mid engine.

The Z is a great car. But exactly as a couple posts back said. Don't take a modded car and compare it to a stock car. That's like pitting a midget against someone who's 7 feet tall in a game of basketball. Yeah... the 7 footer will dunk over your ***... but the midget might have the upperhand in getting the ball down the court by outmanuvering the giant. (I was going to say pitting a retard vs. a normal person in a math competition but that's not a good analogy... neither car is a retard... unless we're talking yugos and geos)
Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM
kourosH

SLK is a chick a car

Quick Reply: freakin Mustang drivers