31.96%
Really Bad
14.43%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

1-800-nissan1

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002 | 09:52 PM
goofyZ

I have being tring to get info from my dealer for one week with NO success. I have waited patiently tring not to bug the dealer since january. I have spoken to four different people, all ending the conversation with I don't know but I'll find out and call you right back. I have yet to recieve ONE call back. My dealer gets a F.

Signed,

Stewing in the dark
Old 07-15-2002 | 10:07 PM
dc350z

Cool Ha, Ha, Ha

So, Z Crazy

They gave you a "file number". That's a good one.

Used to work CR for a prior manufacturer, and we gave out "file numbers" all the time.

So, H4 Lights, how many "file numbers" did you give out? He, he.

There's only one thing you can do with that file number, and it involves your backside.
Old 07-15-2002 | 10:30 PM
h4lights

Default GI...GO

Originally posted by dc350z
So, Z Crazy

They gave you a "file number". That's a good one.

Used to work CR for a prior manufacturer, and we gave out "file numbers" all the time.

So, H4 Lights, how many "file numbers" did you give out? He, he.

There's only one thing you can do with that file number, and it involves your backside.
See you worked for one of those "limited" reporting environments. I have worked those as well.
File numbers are useful if some type of tracking and at the least valid output reporting is done.
I know how many people you had in your department and the numbers of inquiries daily. Because of the system as established, you handled the input / output as was the policy. You may find that your current employer handles things differently and actually looks forward to determining how to best serve their customers.
Both systems work for the companies in their own ways.

I went from a fiefdom of 100+ CS folks to a company with two at the national level and one at each field office. Funny, all of the company was empowered to handle CS issues and we only needed the smaller staff even though our dealer organization did not treat us as well due to our limited volume.
Everyone KNEW that their job depended on the customer. Something sometimes lost at larger organizations.

It all depends on how you go about doing the job. No moral issues here, just the b-school facts and the results.
I guess we are seeing a lot of those results in the news lately.

Do you have a due date on your silver track yet?
Old 07-15-2002 | 11:36 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

I called them on a Friday asking if there was a way to confirm my preorder as I hadn't received a confirmation yet (I was a late preorder). The gentleman was nice but said that they couldn't find that out. I had mentioned that this forum had members who were able to get that info along with order numbers. He then retracted and said that he would have to give my info (dealer, name and such) to another department that would call me. I asked when I could expect the call with the reply of one day. I assumed this meant the next Monday but that was two weeks ago. I don't feel like getting into another one of those blind leading the blind calls. Polite person though.
Old 07-15-2002 | 11:49 PM
dc350z

Cool H4 Lights

Don't have the exact date yet, and no VIN. But I figure first or second week of September.
Old 07-15-2002 | 11:50 PM
Scafremon

The problem with polls such as this, as it is hard to really define what we are rating. Are we rating the ability of 1800-Nissan1 to give us our order # and delivery info, or are we rating the person who we spoke to as being helpful/courteous/pleasant.

I think the purpose of the poll was in response to ZISME's previous post, which asked us not to call NNA for order#/Del'y, but to call 1-800-Nissan1 for this info. (edit update: Was it actually ZISME who told us to call this number? Now I am not sure. Maybe it was RxO who initiated this request. But I thought it originally came from ZISME. Pardon me if I am wrong).

The gal I spoke with at 1-800 was very nice, but I didn't get the info I wanted, so I have cast a poor vote.

I spoke with my dealer this morning, before calling 1-800. They advised that of their (21) pre-orders, they have order numbers for (10) of them, 1-R, 4-S, 5-T. They did not have an order number for my 3/26 order.

I then called Nissan, received (2) numbers from them (some internal order number, and a file number).

Last edited by Scafremon; 07-16-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-15-2002 | 11:59 PM
RxO

Default Thanks Jay!

Originally posted by RxO
Since my poll has disappeared into oblivion...
For moving this back to the front page.
I think we will all benefit from the results of this poll.
Easy, Peasy, Eh?
Old 07-16-2002 | 12:26 AM
LowFuel

Hehe, maybe we need Zisme to clarify this.

I interpreted his post as saying this:

1. Dont call the regional offices

2. Call your dealer for your order # and delivery info.

3. If your dealer cant/wont/didnt help you, call 1-800-NISSAN1 to tell them your dealer is being less than helpful, not to get your info.

I didnt take his post to mean that you could get your delivery info from calling the 800#.

Grr, I'm searching for the original post that had that #, but I cant find it. Maybe I'm just not remembering it right... but thats how it came across to me.
Old 07-16-2002 | 12:31 AM
Scafremon

I really never thought the 1-800 person would be able to tell me my order info, but I thought I was following instructions that this is what I needed to do. I think you got it right Jason.

So now I think I'm stuck. I have no desire to complain about my dealer (I think if they had the info, they would tell me), I can't call NNA, and 1-800 isn't there to provide me with this info.

I't's Wednesday last week all over again!...
Old 07-16-2002 | 12:45 AM
rouxeny

Let's go back to calling NNA.
Old 07-16-2002 | 01:23 AM
droideka

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Scafremon
I really never thought the 1-800 person would be able to tell me my order info, but I thought I was following instructions that this is what I needed to do. I think you got it right Jason.

So now I think I'm stuck. I have no desire to complain about my dealer (I think if they had the info, they would tell me), I can't call NNA, and 1-800 isn't there to provide me with this info.

I't's Wednesday last week all over again!...
I was one of the ******** who called last week to bother my regional office. They wouldn't let me through so I called 1800NISSAN1 and told them what to do on my behalf. "Here's my regional office number, speak to this person, find out the status of my order." "No problem." Granted, when I first spoke to my rep she had NO IDEA what a tracking number, an "R" or an "S" were.

We'll see where I get with this approach as I have still to hear back after starting a case file last Thursday (07/11).
Old 07-16-2002 | 01:45 AM
RxO

Default My Read on This:

Originally posted by Scafremon
The problem with polls such as this, as it is hard to really define what we are rating. Are we rating the ability of 1800-Nissan1 to give us our order # and delivery info, or are we rating the person who we spoke to as being helpful/courteous/pleasant.

I think the purpose of the poll was in response to ZISME's previous post, which asked us not to call NNA for order#/Del'y, but to call 1-800-Nissan1 for this info. (edit update: Was it actually ZISME who told us to call this number? Now I am not sure. Maybe it was RxO who initiated this request. But I thought it originally came from ZISME. Pardon me if I am wrong).

The gal I spoke with at 1-800 was very nice, but I didn't get the info I wanted, so I have cast a poor vote.

I spoke with my dealer this morning, before calling 1-800. They advised that of their (21) pre-orders, they have order numbers for (10) of them, 1-R, 4-S, 5-T. They did not have an order number for my 3/26 order.

I then called Nissan, received (2) numbers from them (some internal order number, and a file number).
Quote from Nissan e.mail to Jay:
"If a customer is frustrated with their dealer where should they turn? 1-800-NISSAN1. The Nissan Customer Assistance team is TRAINED to handle these inquiries. The people in the regions have other jobs to do and it is hit and miss whether they can help."

So:
Call your dealer first. If he/she cannot help then the option offered was to contact the 1-800 number rather than contacting the regional offices. Makes sense as long as the 1-800 number can answer or forward your request on to someone that can help.
The poll was more of a general survey of the helpfulness of contact through the 1-800 method.

Is it all clear now? (where did you go Jeff?)

Last edited by RxO; 07-16-2002 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-16-2002 | 02:03 AM
Boomer

Default 1-800-nissan1

I just called the National office of Customer Service and spoke with a very nice young woman, who basically said she will set up a file for my case. She went into their database and retrieved a couple of e-mails I had sent as inquiries. I then told her I had already received the confirmation letter(the one listing our car's specs) and the package with the CD-ROM. What I wanted was an approximate time I could reasonably expect the car to be delivered. She asked me if I had a VIN# yet and I said no.

She then said the Vin#s will arrive in another letter from Nissan and I should check with the dealer to see if they had received the number. If they have a VIN# for my car, delivery will be in approximately a month from the mailings of the second letter; in other words, I could get the # before the dealer and vice-versa.

So, the problem is who do we get the VIN# number from, the dealer or Nissan? The dealer's Inventory control officer, manager, whatever, receives all VIN#s and it appears the salesman must go to this person and check if our purchase has been assigned a number yet. Does this sound familiar to some of you? Do I have iy wrong? Please let me know. In the meantime, I have a call into my salesman and I will request he check for the VIN#.

The big foulups and lack of information from the dealer begins to make sense to me now. If the Inventory control person doesn't know about the program, it is not surprising in a multi-brand dealership, my dealer sells Olds and Cadillac too.

If all this info has been said before, please let me know, if it hasn't then we need to distribute the info. Before, all I was reading on the posts was frustration and anger about the National office and the dealer's lack of knowledge. You need to sit on your salesman until you get the VIN# from him or it arrives in your mail.

Boomer--probably stating the obvious.
BR/FR
Old 07-16-2002 | 04:00 AM
TCL

Default Re: 1-800-nissan1

Originally posted by Boomer

She then said the Vin#s will arrive in another letter from Nissan and I should check with the dealer to see if they had received the number. If they have a VIN# for my car, delivery will be in approximately a month from the mailings of the second letter; in other words, I could get the # before the dealer and vice-versa.
I think this is the first I've heard of another mailing from Nissan with the VIN. I think I remember seeing one other post about another mailing, but can't recall if it mentioned the VIN. In any case, if this information is correct, we'll get a 30 day heads up on the delivery. Sounds good to me.

I plan to contact my dealer around August 15th if I don't hear anything before then. The last ETD he gave me in late May was between August 15th and September 10th based on his call to the regional rep at that time.
Old 07-16-2002 | 07:50 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Default Remain calm

God, will everyone RELAX? What's the big urgency here to find out some tracking number of dubious value RIGHT THIS SECOND. I'm sure we'll find out when our cars are coming with enough notice in advance. They said August to October, and it's only July now. I doubt they're trying to withhold this information from us -- when the cars start rolling in, we'll know about it.
Old 07-16-2002 | 08:14 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Remain calm

Originally posted by z350z
God, will everyone RELAX? What's the big urgency here to find out some tracking number of dubious value RIGHT THIS SECOND. I'm sure we'll find out when our cars are coming with enough notice in advance. They said August to October, and it's only July now. I doubt they're trying to withhold this information from us -- when the cars start rolling in, we'll know about it.
I agree completely , I was just trying out the magic phone number we were given. As I thought, its not magic at all but, the person I contacted can do things for us, even if its only to hold our hand and be sympathetic. I've already said in print problems which occur will be seen to and I believe they will. I just wanted a contact person at Nissan who was not my dealer. By the way, I am sure my salesman will give me the info as soon as he knows and will contact me. I plan to stay in touch with both the dealership and NNA until I get my car.

Boomer--I AM relaxed and will stay relaxed as Nissan gets their delivery act together; I am confident the builders of the car are doing fine, their products have demonstrated quality in the past and remember, for many of the Japanese techs, building a new Z is a labor of love.

Boomer--just get a good night's sleep; I plan to do so.
BR/FR

Last edited by Boomer; 07-16-2002 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-16-2002 | 08:41 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: Remain calm

Originally posted by z350z
when the cars start rolling in, we'll know about it.
Not exactly the words used by Nissan to describe the 'ongoing dialogue' they will have with those that pre-order, but, it may be all we get!
Old 07-16-2002 | 03:19 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Default "It'll get here when it gets here?"

That seems to be all we have for now. Oh well. Has anyone called the factory in Japan using that phone number that was posted in that document yesterday? Anyone got a special international plan on their cell phone?
Old 07-16-2002 | 07:00 PM
Carterattorney

Who speaks Japanese? Frankly, calling the plant will just slow things down more. Be patient.

Quick Reply: 1-800-nissan1