MT
71.94%
Voters: 727. You may not vote on this poll

AT and MT owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
MattL 7941

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who cares what transmission it has it still a Z right? cant we all just be friends?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Todd350ZX

Most ladies that drive this car would go with the AT. Understandable and not a knock to the ladies here. But this is a true sportscar and MT is the only way to go to get the full thrill. This is the first MT I've had for about 10 years. Both of my ex 300Z's where autos as most of em were built that way.

But MT is great with the 350Zs for sure. Don't you just love that distinct and powerful exhaust note around 5K+? Doesn't have that ricey tin can sound but more like a mini Ferrari sound. I love it...
Old 09-26-2006, 01:29 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by 350zz053
Your the one that brought it brotha. I just let you know it was kind of homo to think of shifting as "jerking a **** around"....
lol...you're really sensitive...do you need a hug?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Boresi

Matthew 18:11 reads: And that AT is a sin. Those that possess it be thrown into the fire of hell.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:27 PM
BrianDT3wZ

If You Are Building The Z For A Twisty Track, M/t For The Win...
If You Are Building The Z For A 1/4 Mile Track, A/t For The Win...
Mod For Mod On The Street, It Is A Driver's Race.. And Yes, It Is Much Easier To Make A Mistake In The M/t Car...me, I Opted For The Auto, It Has All The Quickness I Need And I Enjoy Having The Heated Leather, Home Link, Power Evrything Etc. Etc... I Also Like Keeping My Hand On My Girlfriends Thigh While Casual Driving. Are There Times I Miss Having A M/t,,sure, But More Often Than Not I Appreciate The Auto.. If I Was Bit Younger And Felt The Need To Zip Around Corners And Speed Around All The Time, I Would Have Bought The M/t Or, If I Was Going To Track The Car ( Twisties )...this Is All Imho....and When I Say Auto For The 1/4 Mile I Refer To Sub 11 Second Cars... It All Depends On What You Want Out Of Your Car, M/t, A/t ? It Should Only Matter To The Person Who Shells Out The Cash For It And What The Want To Do With It.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:34 PM
USMC-Z
Z Veteran

Originally Posted by daveZ insanity
I gotta be honest - I wouldn't want to be on the road near you while you do all that at once. Seeing sports car drivers on cell phones while eating does nothing to enhance our image among the Buick-driving public (not to mention our accident rate; and please don't tell us you're a great driver who never had an accident - you shouldn't be doing all that while driving your Z)
lol I wouldn't be doing the above if I wasnt pressed for time. Now imagine someone doing all that in a manual.

Oh, and sorry to burst your bubble but I haven't been in a single accident which was my fault.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:39 PM
USMC-Z
Z Veteran

Originally Posted by Kolia
I love these killer arguments!

-You think my car is slow? We’ll, I could slap on a turbo and bore the engine to 4 liter with a 9k rev limiter and I’ll show you how slow my car is!

If that’s what it takes to prove to me your AT is as fast as my bone stock MT, go ahead! Lol !!!

Oh and juggling cigarette, coffee, phone and clients while driving is an accident waiting to happen, regardless of type of transmission you have…
It's not an argument. I'm trying to show some of the ignorant people in the forums how an auto DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR CAR IS SLOW. I hate people who make biased statements. Read your last comment and read mine. Bore the engine to 4 liter and 9K rev limiter??? where did that come from?

Also, if you think that an F/I AT is only "as fast" as your bone stock MT, I'm sure there are many people in this forum who beg to differ.

Seems like I'm just fueling the fire to this "debate" so this is my last comment in this thread.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Wow just wow
Old 09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krnlikewh0a
It's not an argument. I'm trying to show some of the ignorant people in the forums how an auto DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR CAR IS SLOW. I hate people who make biased statements. Read your last comment and read mine. Bore the engine to 4 liter and 9K rev limiter??? where did that come from?

Also, if you think that an F/I AT is only "as fast" as your bone stock MT, I'm sure there are many people in this forum who beg to differ.

Seems like I'm just fueling the fire to this "debate" so this is my last comment in this thread.
Lol, don't take it personnal!

I was just quoting your post and then went on a different tangent. It's just funny how often we hear comments about modded cars that can beat a Z (AT or MT), don't you agree?

I don't care if people drive an AT or MT. In fact, some days I don't feel like shifting and just take the Titan.

My own personnal take: my MT preference is all about control. I balance the car in a curve using thottle input. I haven't driven an AT Z. Will it hold a gear with the torque converter locked so we can play with thottle? (It's a question, not a crack at any body BTW)
Old 09-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Can't we all just get along

Hmm I wonder if there is a special place in heaven for Z owners.

I'm sure there is a special place in hell for MT Z owners who hate on AT owners lol jk
Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM
PythonLaX

Lol, don't take it personnal!

I was just quoting your post and then went on a different tangent. It's just funny how often we hear comments about modded cars that can beat a Z (AT or MT), don't you agree?

I don't care if people drive an AT or MT. In fact, some days I don't feel like shifting and just take the Titan.

My own personnal take: my MT preference is all about control. I balance the car in a curve using thottle input. I haven't driven an AT Z. Will it hold a gear with the torque converter locked so we can play with thottle? (It's a question, not a crack at any body BTW)
Yes in manual mode you can hold every gear up to the redline (even bounce it off the rev limiter) without it shifting to the next gear. It won't shift until you make it shift. It's actually quite fun.

Last edited by PythonLaX; 09-26-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Kolia

Originally Posted by PythonLaX
Yes in manual mode you can hold every gear up to the redline (even bounce it off the rev limiter) without it shifting to the next gear. It won't shift until you make it shift. It's actually quite fun.
Thanks.

How about off thottle ? Will it still keep the gear and engine-brake ? Most AT would upshift in that situation.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
PythonLaX

Thanks.

How about off thottle ? Will it still keep the gear and engine-brake ? Most AT would upshift in that situation.
Yep it will keep the gear and engine brake. Of course it will downshift automatically to prevent from stalling, ie if your cruising in 5th and get below 35mph it will downshift to 4th and so on for the lower limit of each gear.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Kolia

Gotta try one
Old 09-26-2006, 04:18 PM
PythonLaX

Definitely one of the best automatics I've ever driven
Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Jimbo68

Originally Posted by cvt
lol...you're really sensitive...do you need a hug?
He actually typed the word "brotha" - you give him/her too much credit.

I know, don't let the door hit me in the *** on my way out.

My wife wanted an AT, that's what she got, hence my vote. We had to pay MORE! The MT folks here are almost defensive about their choice/preference - wtf?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Swiffer

Die thread die!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:48 PM
350z2k3

:O yawn
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Aggro_Al

Originally Posted by 98MODMTR
Whew, thank god your talking about a MT!
He's talking about the AT in manual mode, not the MT. In manual mode, you can shift the tranny anytime you want and it will stay in that gear until you shift it again. There are a few exceptions. When you come to a stop it will drop back down to 1st. If you are going to stall, it will downshift to the next gear if you don't do it yourself. If you are going to significantly overrev, it will delay or cancel your shift command. The later ATs will even automatically rev-match the downshifts while in manual mode.

Quick Reply: AT and MT owners