Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

A question for you "party animal" Z owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 PM
350zz053

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont want to see your tax records. haha thanks for the invite though. and no... I just didnt want to say ***...***
Old 09-26-2006, 12:11 PM
ke0ki2k

Default mmm

im 17...annnd pretty stupid..i like to party but...i dont drive it drunk..ever...i wouldnt drive anything drunk tho...i dont park far away but i dont squeeze into tiny spaces...annd i generally dont drive it in the rain unless i have to..mainly because it floods around here...4runner > 350Z when it comes to fording water lol
Old 09-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the op assumed that the same people who care about thier cars are the same people who drive thier cars drunk......one cannot assume that, maybe he should have asked a question or posed a hypothetical before ranting on something he has assumed.....I find it odd also that the op stated he does not drink, good for you, but there are those of us who do and are responsible when we do it so if you want to get on your soapbox MADD has a good website......I have never driven my car "drunk" and never will, when i did total my Z i was completely sober, does that mean that people should not drive sober, what is the accident ratio between drunk accidents and sober accidents, maybe we shouldn't be driving sober??????????
Old 09-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by 350zz053
I know when i drink...I never speed. I actually think im a more sensible driver drunk bc i dont speed, than when im sober and cut lanes like its my job...

Wow and I'm a better surgeon when I'm high because I"m more afraid of being sued for malpractice. That is the lamest most irrisponisble thing I've heard in a while.

Its people like you who kill people and then get charged with vehicular manslaughter and end up with a year or two max in prison.

Sadly because we live in a free country and not a dictatorship we can't just lynch drunk drivers on the spot.

I've driven drunk before. But guess what I learned my lesson real fast not because I hit anyone or got in trouble but I was like "hey this is ****ing stupid" and I was 16 then. Sad how grown men and women are to selfish and stupid to realize this.

If it was up to me we'd send all drunk drivers to Zaidon, or Haditha with a sign saying "I hate Muslims" unarmed so they could be slaughtered
Old 09-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Z_freak
I think the op assumed that the same people who care about thier cars are the same people who drive thier cars drunk......one cannot assume that, maybe he should have asked a question or posed a hypothetical before ranting on something he has assumed.....I find it odd also that the op stated he does not drink, good for you, but there are those of us who do and are responsible when we do it so if you want to get on your soapbox MADD has a good website......I have never driven my car "drunk" and never will, when i did total my Z i was completely sober, does that mean that people should not drive sober, what is the accident ratio between drunk accidents and sober accidents, maybe we shouldn't be driving sober??????????
I took from it that he was saying he's seen people who are **** about their Z and then post stories of getting drunk and being stupid.

Either way its not like he said drinking was bad or anyone in particular was bad.

He actually hit it right on the head about most people who'll flame him are the ones who might or still do it. Note I said maybe.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:39 PM
davidf

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Just what are you implying with the "a" and the double dollar sign? Are you saying that I don't make a lot of money? I make a pretty decent living, thank you, and I have the tax records to prove it so there!

Oh, and drunk Z driver count = 3
No he's not implying that, the fact is some slang words are edited here such as ****, but if spelled differently they'll show up as a word instead of ****.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
efx

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/219154-don-t-drink-and-have-a-girl-drive-your-car.html
Old 09-26-2006, 04:37 PM
lilaznxboi08

i feel that myself including others feel they are capable of driving safely while intoxicated. this is different from what your saying, if anything happens at our fault then we could have been more careful, but things like dings and scratches are the faults of others and thats why we get mad.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont drink and drive, I drive and drink-duh...
Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
efx

i like to get a buzz before driving... but i do not DRINK AND DRIVE. More like DRINK THEN DRIVE.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
350zz053

haha yea true...I drink first to get hydrated...than drive...lol..man some of these guys here have a stick up there a$$...or should i say ***? IDK which one??!?!? lol
Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Ianmtx

Originally Posted by ke0ki2k
im 17...annnd pretty stupid..i like to party but...i dont drive it drunk..ever...i wouldnt drive anything drunk tho...i dont park far away but i dont squeeze into tiny spaces...annd i generally dont drive it in the rain unless i have to..mainly because it floods around here...4runner > 350Z when it comes to fording water lol
Are you drunk right now? Or did you just skip your english class too much.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Silly me to think drinking and driving is dumb. Although I know having a few drinks doesn't do anything I'm refering to people who get drunk and then drive like when you start to forget whether or not fat girls are hot or not lol
Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Would you think less of me if I had a beer tap built into my Z?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:41 PM
GalvatronType_R

Originally Posted by davidf
No he's not implying that, the fact is some slang words are edited here such as ****, but if spelled differently they'll show up as a word instead of ****.
I know what he was implying, I was just playing stupid to make a point. I guess the googly eyes and the sarcasm didn't bear that out.

Here's the overriding point, folks. Driving drunk is stupid, we can all agree on that (with the exception of those here who "claim" that they are better drivers when drunk) but I find it amusing that the same people who post about swirl marks, dings, strange noises from the chassis, et. al., are sometimes the same people who post about how they get wasted and drive themselves around in their Z. Doesn't anyone see the inherent contradiction in that? Dings, scratches, chassis noises = Z still driveable, driving Z drunk = risk of totalling the Z. If these people cared as much about their Z as they claim, they wouldn't risk it by driving drunk (besides the fact that they could kill themselves or someone else, of course).

To me, if you risk destroying your Z by driving drunk, you've lost the right to complain about swirl marks, people parking too close, dings, etc.

Last edited by GalvatronType_R; 09-26-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:44 PM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by BlackZero6
I find it quite retarded when a moron wrecks his Z after watching fnf3 and blames it on the cars horrible handling.
Bobby drifter, where you at man?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
efx

driving drunk is fun.. You dont even realize you're going 100+ LOL!!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:46 AM
ZBigDog

Those that do a "once over" or park far away are seeing if others have messed up their car. If you drive drunk its your own fault and you have no one to blame but yourself if you crash, but if someone dings my door its their fault and im screwed.

I see where your coming from but how is that hypocritical?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:03 AM
GalvatronType_R

Originally Posted by ZBigDog
Those that do a "once over" or park far away are seeing if others have messed up their car. If you drive drunk its your own fault and you have no one to blame but yourself if you crash, but if someone dings my door its their fault and im screwed.

I see where your coming from but how is that hypocritical?
Well, we can agree that someone who parks far away, checks their car constantly, etc., cares very deeply for their car, agreed? But where the hypocrisy comes into play is if they care so much for their car, why would they risk doing far more damage to it than a ding, scratch, etc., by driving it when they're drunk? It's like a health nut who works out and eats healthy but having a secret heroin addiction, it just doesn't add up.

Quick Reply: A question for you "party animal" Z owners