Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

A question for you "party animal" Z owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:20 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MODMTR
Your not allowed to have an open container in a car, so you shouldn't drink and drive.

Better to drink THEN drive. Keeps messes to a minimum.

Don't drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink j/k
Actually, I would be more worried about messing up my life, or someone elses, than any damage to the car.

Last edited by PerfZ; 09-27-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Life Goes On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
this thread is dumb and worthless. have a nice day.

got that right!
Old 09-27-2006, 01:57 PM
highside107

Originally Posted by TheCajunStyle
I'm one of those people that will complain about swirls and rock chips. I wash my Z twice a week. It's been clay barred and waxed 3 times this summer. I hate to drive it in the rain (I have a beater which is much better suited for such conditions). It gets a LOT of quality from me. You think my car was perfect, wouldn't you?

Quite the contrary. On my way to have an exhaust manifold gasket replaced, *in the pouring rain*, I hydroplaned and nailed a guard rail head on. Both airbags deployed. FMIC is laying 25 feet away from the Z. The initial (visual) appraisal puts the damage at $10,000.

This is a real big kick in the ***** to me. Why? Because you, that drink and drive, deserve to have this to happen to you--not someone who actually values their car's heritage and is proud to own a Z.

http://www.fi-z.com/bad_day

It's all good though. The Z is going to come back better and stronger than before.
Haha, that's what you think. Maybe you had bad karma coming at you for something else you did?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:41 PM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll drive my car after having ONE beer, but honestly anything more than that and I wont drive. I mean seriously the thought of ****ing up my car, injuring myself or even possibly dying is bad, but the thought of killing some random person because of my idiocy is just too much to take. If you're only going to **** yourself and your own things up, thats one thing but risking other peoples lives is just irresponsible.

On a side note, I recently went to tacobell at like 2am with a friend on a saturday evening. We hadn't been drinking but i was almost hit like 3 times in the drive through by all the drunk *** people getting out from the bars. This one dude in an integra tried to see if the store part of taco bell was open and ended up ****ing up his bumper by running it into the curb. He didn't even notice though, just tried the door, saw that it was locked and ran back to his car. Then he cut like six people in line almost causing an accident, at like 2 miles an hour. I swear to god i'm never going to eat fast food late at night again.

Last edited by moflow; 09-27-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by moflow
I'll drive my car after having ONE beer, but honestly anything more than that and I wont drive. I mean seriously the thought of ****ing up my car, injuring myself or even possibly dying is bad, but the thought of killing some random person because of my idiocy is just too much to take. If you're only going to **** yourself and your own things up, thats one thing but risking other peoples lives is just irresponsible.
+1 I usually drive after two beers or less. Anything else and I wait an hour per beer for it to get out of my system or get my wife to drive (she's usually the DD)
Old 09-28-2006, 05:46 AM
deluzrider

never drinkin and drove here. lost a good friend to someone who did
Old 09-28-2006, 10:24 AM
ZBigDog

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Well, we can agree that someone who parks far away, checks their car constantly, etc., cares very deeply for their car, agreed? But where the hypocrisy comes into play is if they care so much for their car, why would they risk doing far more damage to it than a ding, scratch, etc., by driving it when they're drunk? It's like a health nut who works out and eats healthy but having a secret heroin addiction, it just doesn't add up.
yeah agreed. some people are just too egotistical and confident that they won't do even more damage then the occasional door ding.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Metatron

Originally Posted by Combat350z
Wow and I'm a better surgeon when I'm high because I"m more afraid of being sued for malpractice. That is the lamest most irrisponisble thing I've heard in a while.

Its people like you who kill people and then get charged with vehicular manslaughter and end up with a year or two max in prison.

Sadly because we live in a free country and not a dictatorship we can't just lynch drunk drivers on the spot.

I've driven drunk before. But guess what I learned my lesson real fast not because I hit anyone or got in trouble but I was like "hey this is ****ing stupid" and I was 16 then. Sad how grown men and women are to selfish and stupid to realize this.

If it was up to me we'd send all drunk drivers to Zaidon, or Haditha with a sign saying "I hate Muslims" unarmed so they could be slaughtered

Thank God someone else pointed that out. Who seriously thinks that?

If I don't meet some chick at the party that takes me home and I feel AT ALL drunk I put the back seats in the Pathfinder down and do some urban camping.
Dunno what I'll do when I sell the Pathy for a Z. Probably not bring it. But the trunk is large enough for a rad dome tent.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Metatron
Thank God someone else pointed that out. Who seriously thinks that?

If I don't meet some chick at the party that takes me home and I feel AT ALL drunk I put the back seats in the Pathfinder down and do some urban camping.
Dunno what I'll do when I sell the Pathy for a Z. Probably not bring it. But the trunk is large enough for a rad dome tent.
Yea I remember having to sleep in the Z and yes it sucks really bad but I was drunk and didn't want to risk driving to find a hotel and well I was kind of lazy

Ahh I miss those weekend in myrtle and VA