Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Check out what somebody did to my Z....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh hell na, that's a disgrace to all of us Z owners....

Attention: Z-Unit unite!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Manjot

On second thought, That's why you never take nice cars to hs
Old 11-29-2006, 04:11 AM
V8killer2pt5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
How can you be an ex marine? Thats ludacrius. Anyway last year i had a 2005 xterra that had one window smashed out for my subs, and strip eze, not paint thinner poured on it. It ate right through the paint down to the primer. Good looking z by the way sorry that happened to it.

Yeah yeah I know "once a Marine always a Marine!", but I am not actively enlisted so for technical sake I say Ex. But HOORAH DEVIL DAWGS!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Devil Z

Keep us posted.

Good luck putting this bastard where he belongs.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:21 AM
jrforrester

ah darn it, i just read all 19 pages thinking i was going to see the results of all this... its like watching a good movie that stops working right at the last and most important scene... errr....anxious to see if this kid gets it...in the a$$.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Reality350

WTF!
For no apparent reason then to see your son's expression?
I dont even know how I would react to something like that.....Probably wouldnt be good for the youth.

I hope you get reimbursed for all damages. Good luck.

R350z

Last edited by Reality350; 11-30-2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 AM
banker69

Best of luck to you, man. I can't imagine what i'd do if someone f'd with my car...
Old 11-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Steve-O Z33

I'd buy a paint sprayer and spray his dad's house pink. I'd make sure to hit the cars too.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 PM
rzua5

Originally Posted by race4it
It was vandalized while parked at the local high school. The kid who did it said he just wanted to see the look on my son's face when he saw it. He didn't even know my son. Unbelievable!!

Before: http://cfzclub.com/GT3sPics.html

and after:

race4it, I am really impressed of how you handle the situation and let the cops handle it instead of beating the crap of the kids. I am sure this is a good experience in terms of showing you kids the correct ways to handle things. Anyways, best of luck and hope everything works out for you
Old 11-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Abishop

yea, take that kid for all he's got, his parents too!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Theatrix
Professional

No doubt about it. The support on this forum is incredible and that's why so many people are active on it (of course it doesn't hurt that the Z information is top notch too). This thread has had over 17,000 views and over 260 posts in less than a week. That's got to be some kind of record!

As for the cars, you're absolutely right, and I've read the many negative threads on this site about teenagers having high-powered Z's. There is no doubt that my kids are very fortunate in this regard, and I’ve had to pay close attention to how they've handled the luxury of motorsports and fast cars since they first started racing at about age 8 or 9 (they are 16 and 17 now). As many have correctly pointed out in other threads, the risk of this type of privilege producing an arrogant, self-righteous teen is high, and the danger of letting a teenager (my kids were 15 when they got their license) drive a 500-600RWHP car on the streets/track can end in the worst kind of disaster. The truth be told, it still scares me when they head out at night, but I believe the risks can be managed down to acceptable levels (though it took a while to convince my wife of that).

My goal with the cars/racing was to keep them close and busy on the weekends (I was a REAL BAD hell-raiser as a teen/20’s so I know what the alternative is and I know whose genes my boys got), teach them how to be disciplined and handle frustration (Nothing does this better than motorsports. Try slamming the wall on the last lap right before you take the checker because of a rookie lap car and see what you learn about frustration), and give them a taste of some of the finer things in life (like Z's) that you can get with hard work.

And while over the years, both boys have lost their car/racing privileges a number of times (grades, arrogance, temper, disrespect, etc), all and all they've handled it well and learned from it; and I believe they're both well on their way to becoming great adults who understand and appreciate the importance of humility and the difference between a right and a privilege.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support. The car will be fine and will be repainted in the next couple of weeks. As for the boy who did it, we know who he is but don’t have much solid proof (like pictures or video). The DA is considering now whether he will take the case forward as it is, or wait to see if some further evidence will come out.

I’ll keep you all posted.
I know this is old, but I had to comment on this post by the OP.

My respect, brutha. I face similar challenges and relate to much of what you have said in this post. My son's drive a Z and G (16/18) We have become much closer in our common interests which have allowed for more free flowing conversation. Its a difficult age to communicate to, as you well know. Keep them grounded, teach them respect for their vehicles, and help them to understand what their priorities really are in life is all we can do. I reward when 4.0's come and I take away when its appropriate. It is a difficult balance to maintain, but I agree, in the end they will learn and respect the power in their hands.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

I just saw this thread...

I know sorta how you felt. Someone tried to throw a rock through my windshield. I suppose they took offense to my Marine Corps Sticker I had on the back because the rock was wrapped in the sticker.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:25 AM
IzYou

Default genius

Originally Posted by horse110
I would put a claim on his parent's insurance and have them repaint the car, after the car is fixed.....beat the crap out of him with your face covered...
sounds like a good plan. just make sure and delete your post after the beatdown occurs so no evidence will be left behind that it was premeditated murder.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsmo
I suppose they took offense to my Marine Corps Sticker I had on the back because the rock was wrapped in the sticker.
A person would have to be completely deranged to think like that.
I can't believe we have people like that in this country.

Oh well. At least the guy who painted this Z got caught.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:19 PM
furiousZ

Deep respect on how you handle your family, and how they seem to handle themselves in return.

I am happy the person who did such an act has been identified so something may come out of this for your side.

best of luck
-tom
Old 12-03-2006, 12:33 PM
zcoupe

It was vandalized while parked at the local high school. The kid who did it said he just wanted to see the look on my son's face when he saw it. He didn't even know my son. Unbelievable!!

Before: http://cfzclub.com/GT3sPics.html

and after:

no offense but this is why high school kids shoulnd't have nice cars! They are just that kids! N kids r immature
Old 12-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by zcoupe
no offense but this is why high school kids shoulnd't have nice cars! They are just that kids! N kids r immature
thats stereo typing . i knew plenty of kids who had nice cars and things were fine for them... if someone else vandalizes thier "nice" car its not the owner(kids) fault. its the fault of the retard who did the vandalizing.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Zedekiah

Originally Posted by Anthony C
thats stereo typing . i knew plenty of kids who had nice cars and things were fine for them... if someone else vandalizes thier "nice" car its not the owner(kids) fault. its the fault of the retard who did the vandalizing.
more so than that, its a logical fallacy.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 AM
andee

just found this thread, and after reading most of it, i thought there would have been some resolve..maybe soon?
btw, my condolences..that act bty this jerk was truly disgusting!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:02 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Just wanted to mention that I saw in the news that some kids were egging cars and someone in an SUV that got egged shot and killed one of them. Death penalty for vandalism.

Quick Reply: Check out what somebody did to my Z....