Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Check out what somebody did to my Z....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:16 PM
lkwd318ti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boo that sucks!!!
Someone posted this thread on Bimmerforums...

I'm glad that you got your car repainted and back to normal.
I hope that you guys get that video because wow...vandalism like that is a really really serious offense...

People don't have respect and that really sucks.
I applaud you because in this situation, you're really calm.

-Randy
Old 10-13-2006, 08:52 PM
M3-DIS
Banned

Actually, I think the look on his face would had been ever worse.

The Judge: $5000 Paint Job + Court Fees + 4000 Emotional Hurt feelings = PWND

I hate HS kids!!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 PM
350z_drifter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would have the guy @#$! the guy,so many f**k up people here,just today
a guy was talking a lot of smack about my 350z probably because he drove a 85 bronco red neck hick
Old 10-14-2006, 08:31 AM
wildone_106

well it is a highschool..what did you expect?

I make 65k a year and can barely afford the Z, when I see a kid driving one around as a gift it makes me mad...but still no need to vandalise it.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:11 AM
ldb

I think it was a planned attack!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:18 PM
vette99

Originally Posted by race4it
No doubt about it. The support on this forum is incredible and that's why so many people are active on it (of course it doesn't hurt that the Z information is top notch too). This thread has had over 17,000 views and over 260 posts in less than a week. That's got to be some kind of record!

As for the cars, you're absolutely right, and I've read the many negative threads on this site about teenagers having high-powered Z's. There is no doubt that my kids are very fortunate in this regard, and I’ve had to pay close attention to how they've handled the luxury of motorsports and fast cars since they first started racing at about age 8 or 9 (they are 16 and 17 now). As many have correctly pointed out in other threads, the risk of this type of privilege producing an arrogant, self-righteous teen is high, and the danger of letting a teenager (my kids were 15 when they got their license) drive a 500-600RWHP car on the streets/track can end in the worst kind of disaster. The truth be told, it still scares me when they head out at night, but I believe the risks can be managed down to acceptable levels (though it took a while to convince my wife of that).

My goal with the cars/racing was to keep them close and busy on the weekends (I was a REAL BAD hell-raiser as a teen/20’s so I know what the alternative is and I know whose genes my boys got), teach them how to be disciplined and handle frustration (Nothing does this better than motorsports. Try slamming the wall on the last lap right before you take the checker because of a rookie lap car and see what you learn about frustration), and give them a taste of some of the finer things in life (like Z's) that you can get with hard work.

And while over the years, both boys have lost their car/racing privileges a number of times (grades, arrogance, temper, disrespect, etc), all and all they've handled it well and learned from it; and I believe they're both well on their way to becoming great adults who understand and appreciate the importance of humility and the difference between a right and a privilege.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support. The car will be fine and will be repainted in the next couple of weeks. As for the boy who did it, we know who he is but don’t have much solid proof (like pictures or video). The DA is considering now whether he will take the case forward as it is, or wait to see if some further evidence will come out.

I’ll keep you all posted.

Like the others, saw this BS on another board and had to come by to see. Stupid, the kid that did it should have his a** kicked.

Good luck and I like the way you think. your kids are lucky to be driving those cars and racing.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Z3Y3CON

Any news/updates on the issue?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

wait I'm confused, is the who did this in jail ? or awaiting trial ? or about to get his *** beat ? or what ? fill me in here, I missed out this thread for a couple weeks..
Old 10-18-2006, 04:30 PM
350Zum

There will always be haters, but HS haters are the worst!
What a complete MORON-

I would find it very difficult to maintain myself as well as race4it is.

Karma is a Biotch!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:36 AM
NoahzBurnt

ANy updates????
Old 10-19-2006, 04:03 PM
race4it

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
ANy updates????

Well, the charges were filed today against the boy that threw the paint, and the DA is going to take it to court and put the witnesses up on the stand. It should be interesting to see if the witnesses (kids) will tell the truth on the stand. The detective confronted the boy that did it and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I want a lawyer". He didn't even try to defend himself.

BTW, I have to hand it to the Sherrif's detective group here. While this was a big deal to me, I'm sure they have a lot worse crimes that they are dealing with, but they really did a good job and spent right much time hunting down and interviewing witnesses. I was impressed.

Anyway, the court date hasn't been assigned yet but my guess is that it will be a couple of weeks out. I'll let you guys know what comes of it, and if the detectives get a copy of the supposed video of the paint being thrown I'll post it up on the forum.

Thanks again for the support.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Integrity
Banned

Great news race4it. I hope the little **** pays out the *** for this.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:49 PM
hr2burn

It was vandalized while parked at the local high school. The kid who did it said he just wanted to see the look on my son's face when he saw it. He didn't even know my son. Unbelievable!!

Before: http://cfzclub.com/GT3sPics.html

and after:

WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE AND SPEAKING!!!???
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
NC-Z

WHOA!!! Sorry about your car man. What a little p.o.s! This kid needs to be tied up infront of the school and have a line formed for all the Z owners that just viewed this topic.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:47 PM
turbociv910

id go^^
Old 10-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

George, I am really happy that the authorities are doing their job. More often than not, crimes like this recieve little attention.

I only hope this young boy learns his lesson, and becomes a more productive member of society.

FYI: I returned your call a few days ago...if you need anything, dont hesitate.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
CFaddict350z
Banned

Damn sorry to see those pics,, i would absolutely destroy that kid,, prob some emo-*** geek looser that is just jealous. Hopefully all is fixed with your sons car,,, but seeing what your kid has done to his car, and figuring you prob paid for it all,, why the hell is he taking a car like that to High School??? Actually why does a high-school age kid even have a Z with those mods?? Unless he worked, saved and baught all that stuff,, a hs aged kid cannot handle the responsibility of owning a car like that. Even then no ******* should go and throw paint on a car,, thats raw as hell,,
Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 PM
ZlleH

Good to hear that there is some justice to this type of act.

But I have to say, the "witness" was smart and played the right card. His lawyer will probably make sure the "witness" get's a deal where if he tesitify against the accussed, that he will be immuned from being charged with abetting/praticipating(fimling) the accussed in his act.

This way, the "witness" can be free of any charges and have an excuse to tell the truth since he can tell all his schoolmates that the authorties forced him to rat out his friend.

Well, the charges were filed today against the boy that threw the paint, and the DA is going to take it to court and put the witnesses up on the stand. It should be interesting to see if the witnesses (kids) will tell the truth on the stand. The detective confronted the boy that did it and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I want a lawyer". He didn't even try to defend himself.

BTW, I have to hand it to the Sherrif's detective group here. While this was a big deal to me, I'm sure they have a lot worse crimes that they are dealing with, but they really did a good job and spent right much time hunting down and interviewing witnesses. I was impressed.

Anyway, the court date hasn't been assigned yet but my guess is that it will be a couple of weeks out. I'll let you guys know what comes of it, and if the detectives get a copy of the supposed video of the paint being thrown I'll post it up on the forum.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Mewantbfp

Anyway, the court date hasn't been assigned yet but my guess is that it will be a couple of weeks out.

I hope everything works out i know when i went to court with a kid for breaking into my eclipse a while back he kept stalling in court and i ended up going back and forth for about 6 months. I did get my money though and it was great to see that check.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:33 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's great to hear ... with the views to this threads ... there's 1000's of Z owners that want to know how this concludes ...

Quick Reply: Check out what somebody did to my Z....