Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

getting out of the Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 09:15 AM
stan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting out of the Z

I can't imagine i'm the only one who isn't happy about 06 oil consumption problems. At this point i'm wondering why i should keep driving the Z and get new engines that are going to do the same thing. i'm currently waitng for number 2 to get shipped to CA. is there any way to get nissan to take back the car without having to blow 3 engines?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Black_Sunshine

You're not going to just talk Nissan into taking the car back. Read this, call a lawyer if necessary.

http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/general/lemon.htm
Old 10-22-2006, 07:12 PM
stan

well now i actually have to sellthe car because my hours got cut at work hopefully i can avoid still having debt on the car. anyone have advice on how to get the best price on the car? already posted a thread in the cars for sale on here
Old 10-22-2006, 09:41 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought this thread was about stepping in and out of the car. i've had my baby for six weeks and i still have issues with this. i think i'm too short.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:46 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

YEAH lemons law will apply if it happenes again. hope u get #3 so u would get ur money back. i have 06 no probs here
Old 10-23-2006, 05:18 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

• Contact a Lemon Law attorney in your state.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Brocken

It shouldn't have to be 3 engine replacements. Usually it's a certain number of visits to the dealer for repair or diagnosis.

I'm having the same issue right now. Last visit(number 5) and the car consumed 1 quart of oil in 500 miles. They've authorized an engine but that's not satisfactory to me. Even if I didn't have to wait who knows how long till they get the engine(backordered because they're "invesitaging" the engine) taking apart a brand new car is not acceptable. It's basically a "rebuilt" vehicle once that's done. There goes your resale value. Try selling that to anybody that does a vin check. You'd have to lie and be dishonest to get full value on a non-matched car.

Nissan and the original dealer I bought the car from have been worse than useless. The service manager at the dealer I've been going to is pretty cool but there's only so much he can do.
Write Nissan a letter and then file for arbitration. Then get a lawyer if you need to. The only way to get your problem resolved is to be persistant. Nissan trys to blow you off and make you think you don't have a case so you'll go away. Usually works because people give up.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:05 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Hmm I have a 2006 but was unaware of the oil consumption issue. I suppose I should check my oil level more often (doh!). I have not received any bad reports from the Nissan dealer when they change my oil, but I guess they're probably not going to jump on the opportunity to let me know that I will need to ask them to do something under warranty.