Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 07:23 PM
jplvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

I've been waiting for this car since I heard about the possibility of Nissan producing a 25th anniversary Z after the Z32 was discontinued. I decided to wait out the first year, since alot of first year productions end up with problems. I know this one has a couple, but I'm impressed at how few there are.

I've tried to avoid dealerships because I didn't want to test drive one knowing that it would be in my driveway soon after, but I visited a friend on a trip to Mardis Gras and made the mistake of taking someone up on the offer to drive theirs. I'm hooked now.

Thanks someone at another, unrelated board, I found this site and I've spent the last week or so reading just about every thread. I'm working out the finances right now, but can't wait to get mine. I may still wait for the 2004 because business is a little slow, but at night I dream about the car, so I don't know if I'll be able to wait too long.

I just wanted to introduce myself since I'll eventually be a regular around here (I already am really... just reading).

Every time you drive your Z just know that I'm probably in the lane next to you fuming at the fact that I'm not in one too.

Thanks to all the people that have given me tips and ideas so far; hopefully I'll be posting pics of my Super Black Track package in the near future.

My last Z: 1987 Fire Engine Red. My first car in college and I'm still in love with it eventhough I haven't driven it in 8 years.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:32 PM
breakerboy

welcome, the wait is well worth it.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Inova

welcome to the board. hope you find a lot of interesting information here, i know i have!
Old 03-12-2003, 12:14 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Welcome

Welcome and as stated there really is alot of info available here . I did my homework at this site while waiting for my preordered Silverstone . Good luck!

FrankieZZ
Hampton Beach , NH
Old 03-12-2003, 03:40 AM
Bostonian

Welcome to the board!! Please let us know as soon as you get it. I pretty much have the same situation as you. I have been here reading(posting a little) since the board opened, getting all the info I can. I plan on buying this summer now that I finally bought a house with a huge garage. Enjoy the site!!!

Chad
Old 03-12-2003, 06:21 AM
jplvr

Thanks for the responses.

I thought about waiting 'til I got a house with a garage, but I guess I'll just have to go with a car cover.

I'll be sure to put my digital camera to good use when I get it.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:38 AM
WayneTN

Thanks for posting, BJF. It's good to hear you like the Z and will be reading here from time-to-time. Good luck in your quest for your own ride.

Keep in touch.
WayneTN
Old 03-18-2003, 07:52 PM
jplvr

Z will be ordered on April 1st (MSRP Super Black, Track model). Went this route for a number of reasons. Should get here in July around my birthday. I know the wait will be worth it

Thanks to the mods for getting my user name changed from BJF (my initials). By the way, jplvr=jeeplover, my username on most boards. My set of pics will include my other baby (97 Jeep TJ Sport, no mods really) when the Z gets here.