Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Your Top 5 Cost Effective Performance Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 12:10 PM
DanielW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the words of encouragement mario
Old 10-15-2006, 01:36 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mario60185
Whatever you say buddy, im sure you had good intent when you wrote that but to a newb your sending the wrong message. First off if it can void your warranty, use your brains and take the part off before you go to the dealer for a warranty claim. And most important boltons for na are not going to kill your car. It will still be reliable as you can see from the hundreds of ***** on here who have gone mod crazy and are still running strong.
Ah, but for a newb who worries too much about reliability, why tamper with it the first place? Also, the mods are usually safe as long as it is PROPERLY installed the first place. Other than that, I'm stating something relatively simple: If you're worried something's going to break from attempting to mod it, then don't mess with it. STATUS QUO

My dealership voided the warranty for the navi/cubby lid because of an aftermarket stereo installation. Although installing a stereo does not have anything to do with messing with the cubby holder, they voided my warranty anyhow. I was pretty pissed off about their claim, so I walked out on them.

My dealership would not fix the alignment issue because I have aftermarket wheels. If I want to get it fixed without paying out of pocket, I have to change out my wheels. Yet, they weren't particularly bothered by my new wheels when they worked on the axle clicking issue.

Those are mods not related to performance, yet they keep trying to get me to pay out of pocket somehow.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:03 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by danielwebb
I don't want things that relate to my questions. I want my questions answered

Right. You want to be spoon fed. If you knew what the hell you wanted to search for, it'd take you max 5-10 minutes to find the exact answers.

Rather, you want everyone to do the work for you. Sorry buddy, fck that. Stop being such a lazy *** and do some work on your own like everyone else on this planet.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:15 PM
supra crazy

1. Tein basic Camber and toe arms
2. Hotchkis Sways
3. Better tires
4. LW flywheel
5. 3.9 Gear
Old 10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
DanielW
Banned

supra crazy i've read through threads that I've SEARCHED that the flywheel and underdrive pulleys can be bad news.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
skidmarq

danielwebb, why don't you elaborate a bit on what these performance mods are designed to improve? For example, do you take the car to the track? If so, are you a 1/4 mile type person, AutoX type person, or road coarse type person.

May seem silly, but this will go a long way in determining what mods to do and in what order...
Old 10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
DanielW
Banned

I'm all about taking off from stoplights and smokin someone up to the speed limit. So bsaically I'm all about 0-60 or 70
Old 10-15-2006, 08:20 PM
alnfong

PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH THE SEARCH S**T ANYMORE. I don't have time to sit here and reas through three years of threads like some of you folks. If the search function was better I would be able to use it more effectively but as I've stated before it is not very effective. You can't even get a title with two words that you want in it.
+1
Old 10-16-2006, 05:50 AM
chimmike

I'm all about taking off from stoplights and smokin someone up to the speed limit. So bsaically I'm all about 0-60 or 70
you already made a thread about getting a 5.0 0-60 time......so you want to rehash this in another thread? Why?
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/221512-whats-the-cheapest-way-to-get-my-0-60-to-5-0-flat.html

or getting 300whp from your Z you made this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/222987-how-would-you-get-your-z-reliably-to-300-whp-without-fi.html

or about the JWT pop charger and borla exhaust:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/222243-will-jwt-popcharger-and-borla-exhaust-hurt-my-reliability-at-all.html

or Borla vs. Nismo:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/222240-borla-exhaust-claims-16-20-hp-increase-nismo-claims-6-5-is-borla-that-much-better.html

who to install your pop charger and how much it should cost:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/222303-who-should-i-get-to-install-my-jwt-popcharger-and-how-much-should-it-cost.html

or the classic "WHICH EXHAUST AND INTAKE PROVIDE THE MOST HP"
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/218124-which-exhaust-and-intake-provide-the-most-hp.html

or "which exhaust gives the throatiest sound"
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/217687-what-exhaust-gives-you-the-deepest-throatiest-most-aggressive-sound.html

Case in point, you don't search, you never have, and you probably never will. All those threads simply prove my point. You're a lazy ****.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:55 AM
z-u-later

^+1 Newb is definitely lazy about searching first or he does not have a clue how to use it. Or he could be both. And he definitely does not have a clue yet what he wants to do with his Z.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:26 AM
DanielW
Banned

don't you guys get a homosexual chill sent up your spine when you say NEWB? it sounds like you should be at a star trek convention or something.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:50 AM
chimmike

a homosexual chill sent up your spine

you explain that like you experience it often...........
Old 10-16-2006, 06:52 AM
BobbyRitz

don't you guys get a homosexual chill sent up your spine when you say NEWB? it sounds like you should be at a star trek convention or something.
You need to take it easy on the oxycontin...
Old 10-16-2006, 06:53 AM
DanielW
Banned

yeah i do I guess its cuz I'm a gay NEWB
Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
You need to take it easy on the oxycontin...

Old 10-16-2006, 07:03 AM
bonusfrag

omg close thread.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:01 AM
DIGItonium

So, my friend is selling his M3. Interested? Ahaha... j/k about the suggestion ;-)

If you are going for N/A response without going turbo, I remembered people suggesting the lightweight Tilton flywheel/clutch package. I'm not sure if it is still trendy since I never really found an interest for it. Your car will rev very fast though. If you really care about smoking someone to 60-70mph, then try to get shorter gearing designed to improve 0-60mph times. However, shorter gearing means you'll decrease your topspeed (not like you need 155+ mph) and at cruising speeds the tach will be very high. Look for upgrades for the final drive gear. I don't read much about it, but owners use it to get out of turns quick at the track.

Beware... these upgrades will affect daily driving at to some degree. I mean if you want to get to 60mph really really fast, you might end up sacrificing some drivability. Oh... you need some grippy tires too! Quick traction off the line will get your car moving right away.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:22 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess you havent figured it out yet,no one here wants to help out a tard like you who does nothing to help himself.all you do is waist time asking more and more assanine questions.when will it stop.....sooner then you might think.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:16 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cost effective performance mod?

1. Turbonator!!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
DIGItonium

Actually my favorite performance mod that was found in the Honda forums is to state the power the car is capable of producing. "With my 30HP intake upgrade and 50HP exhaust upgrade, I should get at least 70HP out of my car."

I was told something similar by a Type-R owner. He claims over 100HP from the marketing material for his intake and exhaust upgrade.

Quick Reply: Your Top 5 Cost Effective Performance Mods.