Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

would you buy a 350z with a new engine and trans. installed by dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:58 PM
thirty5ounces

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by striker27
I cant understand this site it is a car. You buy it, drive it, beat it, throw it away. I mean it is not a huge amount of cash for these things. I race my 350z hell I think I am on my fourth car and maybe my 9th motor. I finally ended up just buying rebuilts. Yeah some crap in my car doesnt work but who cares really it is not a new car. The darn thing is used you want it perfect take it apart and put the stupid thing back together so you know it is right. People do that with cars that cost way more money then these. No one can offer any advice on something they have not taken a look at or have first hand knowledge of. Hell if they gave me a warranty a new motor and trans the paint looked good it drove ok I say BUY IT and drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good bye
+1 if you cant afford to fix a car withouth a warranty.........then BUY one with a warranty.......its 3 years old its not going to be brand new
Old 10-23-2006, 05:09 PM
ThaddeusMaximus

Exclamation Don't Do It

In Fla. they have a title one step past salvage, its called a "rebuilt title".

My buddy had the chance to buy a 2006 rebuilt Z with 500 miles for less than 20k. After we did some research and looking at the pics before the car was fixed you would never buy one of these cars. I don't know what kind of title you would be purchasing but for the little extra you might have to finance for a truly clean title, its worth the wait. Not to mention the hassel/cost it will be to get financing/insurance on a rebuilt car. It can be done but leave this car to the truly desperate... Hope this info helps a bit I spent a lot of time researching before I purchased mine.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:16 PM
hooman6mt

I had a frame shop inspect the car prior to me buying it. It's all clean. Carfax is clean.

The car has had engine and transmission problems...but those have seemed to been fixed. So far so good...knock on wood
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Jenn350Z

Mine had it's transmission replaced a week before I bought it. I'm glad it did as it would have gone sooner or later and to have a new transmission/clutch with a one year warranty is an added bonus!