Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hello, Nissan? LAWSUIT TIME!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:05 PM
d!abolic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, Nissan? LAWSUIT TIME!

Man oh man. Wait til you guys hear what just happened! First, a little history about the car:

1. The clutch died just two months after the car was purchased. Nissan refused to replace, denying the fact that there was a technical problem. $3,000+
2. The window motor died and Nissan refused to replace it because the car was no longer under warranty.
3. Nissan took the car in to fix the oil streaks, but returned it with only one of the two sides fixed. On top of that, they broke off the trim on the driver side door. When asked to fix the door and the window streaks, they said that the car is no longer under warranty (they "didn't notice" the first time) and refused.
4. The tranny had to be replaced due to 3rd gear grind. This was today. I finally got the car back and hit the highway. First, second, third, fourth... I'm about to switch lanes, with a car closing in in the lane I was switching to. It would have been a safe distance away if everything went fine, but it didn't... I tried to switch from 4th to 5th but the GEARBOX / TRANNY LOCKED UP! So there I was, half-way into the other lane, STUCK IN NEUTRAL WITH NO ACCELERATION! I NEARLY GOT KILLED!!

I've had enough. I'm taking these ba$tards to court. They're gonna pay for this. The 5th gear lockup CAN BE REPRODUCED and I'm gonna have the car inspected by a few places tomorrow and have reports written up. I'm gonna bury these bastards.

Any advice?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:07 PM
philude

oh man that sounds scary O_O good luck with that.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM
aren21

Damn, that is pretty dangerous. Make sure you get everything documented, and dont take any b.s. from them. BTW, is this all from one dealer or what?? If it is, you should have taken the car to another dealer after your first bad experience. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
deezz

Sounds like you have a case or at least a new car coming to you.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any advice?

Yes ---Buy a turbo with the lawsuit money!!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:23 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Take it all the way to the Supreme Court! (or whatever it is called in Canada)
Old 10-18-2006, 08:09 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by d!abolic
Any advice?
My advice would be document absolutely everything!!

Last edited by BRONZEE; 10-18-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:19 PM
badkarma85

my advice is find the best legal counsel specialized in motor accident claims and take nissan for a ride. Although I probably think that you will be generously compensated even before it goes to court, since you have all the evidence you need and it's very bad publicity for them. Ask them to put your name on the top priority for the new GT-R, all expenses paid for
Old 10-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Casanova

PLZ **** EM IN DA @$$ HARD !!!!!!!!!

I just went to get a quote from them for my break pads... i told them its just my front brake pads! They told me i had to buy a set of 4.... for like $600.00 FFS

Then i took it accross the road... theyre gonna do the 2 front ones for $170 and turn the rotors etc.... Fkn un believable Man !!! SUE EM !!!!!

Then whe i first got my car i had OIL problems!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
NC-Z

Wow, that's some serious stuff man. Glad you're okay. Definetly get all the paperwork you have on this and take em for a ride. That's definetly not right and you are right. That situation on the highway could have been very bad.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
oneton

If the tranny don't slip, you must acquit!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:42 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

dam toronto must have bad service. in so cali its all about commitition so you get treated somewhat good. u probaby got a defected car like my sis. she got a 05 morano and has been going to the dealer like once a month.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:53 PM
BigRez
Banned

please win, more power to you, show these bastards they cant get away with that bull shti
Old 10-18-2006, 09:08 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I really hope you can make a difference. My dad sued the dealership 2 years ago after they ruined his motor. Don't you find it hard to believe that you can take the car in for some simple fixes and end up in a mess?

That happened a few weeks ago when I took it in to get the rear axle click fixed... then one of their employees ruined my sideskirt and Volk wheel by jumping the curb. It took 3 weeks to resolve all of my issues. GT-R? That would be nice, but would you take it in for warranty service? I think not. I will unfortunately pass on the GT-R even if I had the $$.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djtonium
That happened a few weeks ago when I took it in to get the rear axle click fixed... then one of their employees ruined my sideskirt and Volk wheel by jumping the curb. It took 3 weeks to resolve all of my issues. GT-R?
I've had something similar happen, over the last 6 months the car has spent a large majority of time in at the dealer. One of the times I went to pick it up from dealer, and noticed heaps of new stonechips all around the skirts, and sides, I demanded to know who had been fanging Z on gravel, got them to admit it and it was one of the most senior people at the dealership.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
kaybee650

court = money spent on your side. im still fighting toyota for my 02 tundra. there was a recall on my ball joint. and than my wheel came off on the freeway before the recall. than they put you through lots of b.s. .. well just a heads up
Old 10-18-2006, 09:53 PM
I1DER

Bad dealerships are stupid. The internet lets all know their screwups and lack of support for the vehicles they sell. I think people should name names. I'm sure there are owners that over-react and cause their own problems, but caring readers should be able to see through the mumbo jumbo. We should state which dealerships come up with bull and praise the dealerships that really care about solving problems and are proud of the cars they sell. Why not pass on experiences so others get the benefit of ours?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

wow, that sucks bad. Good luck with the law suit and everything. Hope it goes well!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:16 PM
BobaBoyx1

Something tells me that your case is gonna come out in the newspapers and your gonna get filthy rich. In addition to that... Nissan will finally start straightening up their act and give better service for every nissan customers in return for the sake of their image and reputation. So please do sue them, get rich,make sure it becomes exposed into the mass media, and win so in the future we all don't get cheated on our warranties.

Quick Reply: Hello, Nissan? LAWSUIT TIME!