Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Worst day for my Z...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 05:46 PM
LODOSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst day for my Z...

So i've been looking to buy a manual beater for my gf.. so she can learn how to drive a stick and also use it to get better mpg.. shes got an auto rx8 =o...

so we finally found a 2000 audi a4 1.8t in excellent condition for 7g... we decided to get it.. to celebrate we went to Rockville and went to this new chinese resturant.. its called bobs 88.. they have hot pots there..

After i was done i headed home.. i was maybe 60-70 miles away from home when i noticed that my needle went from 1/4 full to empty... this happened to me before and i got scared that time and filled her up.. only 12 gallons went in... so i figure ok this is probably the same situation.. i probably still have 7-8 gallons left which is plenty for 60-70 miles.. well about 5 miles from my destination i started to hear this whining noise.. at first i did'nt realize what it was.. but then i figure it was my fuel pump..

so I putter home off the highway and got off the exit that i would normally take to get home.. and it got worse and worse so i parked it on the side of the street.. I thought i made a mistake and miscalculated.. so i called up my cousin who lives nearby <thankfully> he had a spare gallong tank with some low octane fuel.. put it in my car and try to start it up it starts and eentaully starts to idle but the engine was extremely loud... I was scared as **** thinking that it might be rod knock... but it didn't make any sense so i put in some more fuel and it was ok...

my cousin follow me to the gas station to fill her back up to full.. as soon as i got to the passenger side door... <WTF is this> i thought it might just be dirty.. felt it with my nail.. and felt it click... ****.. someone keyed my god damn car while I was eating at the Taiwanse/asian place.. wtf man whats the deal with some asians.. and then i filled my car up and guess what.. only 14 gallons went into the car.. which tells me that the incident i had before is the same here.. It seems that when i am on the highway the whole time it does this... anyone else have this problem? I have TN kit.. <fuel pump, injectors> but it just doesnt make sense to me... daily driving its ok. i fill her up when shes emtpy 16--17 gallons.. so i am at lost..

so i just put down some money saved up for this new car.. but now i have to put out more money to get my door repainted.. luckily its only one door panel.. at least from what i saw .. thank god for that.. but still.. this has to be one of my worst driving days.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:03 PM
xjongsangx80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LODOSS
****.. someone keyed my god damn car while I was eating at the Taiwanse/asian place.. wtf man whats the deal with some asians...
That is messed up bro. How do you know some 'asians' keyed your car. It could be some 'red neck' just walking by. I feel sorry for your Z though.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:08 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Damn Hasa's!

So wait, you took the Z or the Audi? So the Z has the gas problems?
Old 10-22-2006, 06:08 PM
05-Z

...and I was thinking about going to the pike today, glad I didn't!

sorry to hear about the car getting keyed.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
LODOSS

I am asian too so its nothing against asians.. not racist.. if you been around the BOBs noodle place off of Rockville you'll know its mostly asians around that little around.. tis got 2-3 authentic resturants and a few grocery stores..

gas problem is with the Z.. the audi i put a deposit down have not gotten it yet.. =o i guess thats another good reason to get a beater, although a 2000 audi is pretty nice =o..

in terms of the fuel pump.. the only possible explanation is that the fuel pump did not fill her up all the way.. i think i might go to the gas station and try to pump some more into it and see what happens.. its missing 4-5 gallons if my theory is correct.. if it is then not only is it an issue with the flapper valve but also the sending unit.. i would think the two devices are related to one another some how.

"...and I was thinking about going to the pike today, glad I didn't!

sorry to hear about the car getting keyed."
thanks bud.. it really does make me feel a little better....
Old 10-22-2006, 07:01 PM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

Originally Posted by xjongsangx80
How do you know some 'asians' keyed your car. It could be some 'red neck' just walking by.
+1
Old 10-22-2006, 07:17 PM
LODOSS

ok. I tried to fill her up some more. i got 1 gallon in and it overfilled.. anyone else got any ideas?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:25 PM
xjongsangx80

I am asian too so its nothing against asians.. not racist.. if you been around the BOBs noodle place off of Rockville you'll know its mostly asians around that little around.. tis got 2-3 authentic resturants and a few grocery stores..

gas problem is with the Z.. the audi i put a deposit down have not gotten it yet.. =o i guess thats another good reason to get a beater, although a 2000 audi is pretty nice =o..

in terms of the fuel pump.. the only possible explanation is that the fuel pump did not fill her up all the way.. i think i might go to the gas station and try to pump some more into it and see what happens.. its missing 4-5 gallons if my theory is correct.. if it is then not only is it an issue with the flapper valve but also the sending unit.. i would think the two devices are related to one another some how.

"...and I was thinking about going to the pike today, glad I didn't!

sorry to hear about the car getting keyed."
thanks bud.. it really does make me feel a little better....
What kind of fuel/injector system do you have? Do you have one comes with complete TN kit? I've never heard of this kind of problem with Zs..
BTW, sorry for my first reply - should have asked first. Yeah you are not the first one who got keyed..there are plenty of d!cks are out there regardless of race. Sorry for the incident bro, I feel ya. How deep was your scratch?
Try to buff it out first as mine just dissapeared like a magic somehow..

Last edited by xjongsangx80; 10-22-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Ichigo

Do you think someone might have put something in your tank in addition to the keying? I really hope not, but I would have that checked out
Old 10-22-2006, 07:35 PM
smokedout350z

some **** hit my car while parked...just a scrape and a 1 inch paint chip..fuking bastardz
Old 10-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Jenn350Z

I thought this fuel filling subject had been discussed a few times already:

does the pump "click" or stop too early or let's say if you usually fill from E-F $30 worth of gas.....does it always stop at about half or $15 bucks worth and the pump keeps clicking off? I know there's a problem with - if not the sender unit - the element in the evap canister degrading resulting in a blocking or jamming the vent shut valve.....which that means they both gotta be replaced

does that sound familar?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:39 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Asian people don't like other ethnics to eat their food and drive their cars...LOL...just kidding. How u know it was some Asians who keyed ur car??

Welcome to the head ache of FI.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:10 PM
LODOSS

I don't.. can't really say its an asian.. but when i was eating there.. there was tons of young asian guys outside laughing and walking around etc.. trust me all i saw was asians in the resturant and in the parking lot.. I think they tend to feel more jealous rather than envy.

I have lots of Asian friends.. just stating my opinion.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:15 PM
LODOSS

Originally Posted by Jenn350Z
I thought this fuel filling subject had been discussed a few times already:

does that sound familar?
i honestly did search.. but thanks for the info.. so your saying that it is completely shutting the the valve so it does not allow anymore fuel to go into the tank even though there is space? so when i was filling her up earlier and seeing it overflowing.. it was because the valve was shut?.

i guess i'll have to take it to the dealer. i have never taken my car to the dealer after i got the TN kit. i really wanted to avoid them having records of me modding the car. i think i can live with my car liks this for a while.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 AM
lightner22

I've had similar probems before. It happens randomly and the dte computer will say I'm out of gas ----- when I should have 6-8 gallons left. When I go fill up it only taken 12-14 gallons before it overflows, so not sure if its the level sensor or a problem filling. Since I've been able to drive for another 50-100 miles after it said ----- on the dte before I think mine is more a problem with the level sensor...so I just fill up around 400 miles on the tank now.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Jenn350Z

i honestly did search.. but thanks for the info.. so your saying that it is completely shutting the the valve so it does not allow anymore fuel to go into the tank even though there is space? so when i was filling her up earlier and seeing it overflowing.. it was because the valve was shut?.

i guess i'll have to take it to the dealer. i have never taken my car to the dealer after i got the TN kit. i really wanted to avoid them having records of me modding the car. i think i can live with my car liks this for a while.

TSB: http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB05-048.htm

Old 10-23-2006, 10:56 AM
LODOSS

Originally Posted by Jenn350Z
Yah i saw that info.. but it syas difficult to fill up the tank.. what does that mean? does it mean that the tank is showing half full on the gauge but you ca'nt fill anymore? after mine is filled my guage does show its full.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:05 AM
SpeedRcr

i remember my friend's ex gf put a pingpong ball in his tank so when he drove short distances it didnt do crap but anything longer than 25 mins it would pull the ball and stop the line...but there was a recall for the fuel sending unit