Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

supercharger, turbocharger for sale on ebay.. omg is this for reals??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:34 PM
crunkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
shall i pm him the link to the chris rock mom cracker barrel/tipping thread?

crunkz, you better learn quick or youll be asking about the turbonator and what are the specials at http://kalecoauto.com for the month.

crap is crap and if youre going to try to dupe someone you should be prepared to be called out.
Let me see here, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but the way you talk makes you sound like smartass. I don't need you to link me anything and what the hell are you talking about "learn quick"? What you need to learn is some manners because I know your momma taught you some. Talk to people with respect and maybe you'll get some if you deserve it. I'm just an outsider who came to this site to check it out and it seems like you own this thing or something. I'm just letting you guys know what kind of image you guys are sending off by posting all this rude and unnecessary comments. Isn't it supposed to be a fun and respectful atmosphere around here? All I see is disrespect and a bunch of sh*t-talkers. Respect yourself man.

Last edited by crunkz; 10-25-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

E-gay Garbage it's crappy, worthless products like this that ruin Ebay.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crunkz
Um, I just signed on to this site because I just bought a used 350z and thought that getting on this forum would be cool, but after hearing how you guys talk on here is really disturbing. I don't know any of you guys, but why would you sit there and talk about people who aren't even related to you in any ways. That guy might be selling sh*t out there, but if you guys are educated and wise like you said you are then why would you even have time to sit there and diss people's things? You guys just make yourself look bad by sounding all arrogant and rich just because you own a 350Z. Hell, I'm a black dude who owns one now too, but I can guarantee you, I'm not rich. I work for what I have and I respect people. I understand that you guys don't want others to be scammed, but you think people are going to respect you by talking sh*t to them like that? I'm not taking up for you guys or this ebay guy, but you all claim to be educated and all that, but would people who are really educated and well off talk like that? You guys just sound like a bunch of stuck up 350Z owners and that's what make 350Z owners look bad. The guy isn't even putting the auction up just for 350Z owners. You guys just really need to chill. I don't think that I would need to be banned from this site because I would gladly ban myself if all this site is but a bunch of arrogant fools thinking that they're better than everyone else.
First things first, welcome to the forum. This is the internet's largest 350Z web-site, and it's a great place to learn from the pro's, hang out with buddies and share your car with the rest of us. Your race, your financial position, etc. don't matter here because we're all car enthusiasts first when we're here. Remember that as you read the rest of my post.

Now, you have no historical perspective with which to view this thread, and that puts you at a distinct dis-advantage when interpreting the course it took. You have to realize that those of us who have been around the scene for awhile have seen "gimmicks" like this one over and over again, and they've become a thing of comedy for most of us. It's not arrogance that causes us to criticize them, it's the fact that if they really worked, they would be seen in the mainstream aftermarket product line-up. But they don't really work, and that's why you'll never see a reputable vendor (like our site sponsors) trying to sell one. The fact that the seller couldn't back up the product he's selling with a dyno sheet or even provide any flow numbers to indicate that this blower can flow more air than a 3.5L engine can pull in speaks volumes about the viability of the product. The skepticism that appeared in this thread could have been met by the seller with a simple "here's a data sheet showing how this product works". Instead, he chose to get defensive and start calling names. Had he conducted himself a little differently, this could have gone much better for him. Coming in and insulting peole who know better was his own undoing.

There are guys on this site who could probably be driving Lambos if they wanted to, and there are guys who have stretched themselves to the limit to afford a Z. There are guys here who are still a year or more away from being able to afford one, and there are guys who don't want one, but are still here because they're enthusiasts who enjoy the site. There are guys here who have over $100K invested into their Z's. The diversity of car enthusiast here is amazing. We're all pretty "chill" as long as people realize that this is our community, our neighborhood, and you're more than welcome to join in, as long as you show a little etiquette and common courtesy.

I sincerely hope you choose to hang around. This site has lots to offer, regardless of who you are, where you're from, etc.

Again, welcome.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

haha, it's funny how this thread was started today and now has like 8 + pages of replies!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
BigRez
Banned

Um, I just signed on to this site because I just bought a used 350z and thought that getting on this forum would be cool, but after hearing how you guys talk on here is really disturbing. I don't know any of you guys, but why would you sit there and talk about people who aren't even related to you in any ways. That guy might be selling sh*t out there, but if you guys are educated and wise like you said you are then why would you even have time to sit there and diss people's things? You guys just make yourself look bad by sounding all arrogant and rich just because you own a 350Z. Hell, I'm a black dude
Hes trying to say that black people are usually poor and can not afford z's. Your the dumass that sounds like an idiot not us. ban his *** too, hes not rich enough to talk to us!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by BigRez
Hes trying to say that black people are usually poor and can not afford z's. Your the dumass that sounds like an idiot not us. ban his *** too, hes not rich enough to talk to us!
I didn't get that at all. While I don't really understand the need to identify his race and/or financial status, it often does send the wrong message on a forum where people really don't care about those particular attributes.

And take it easy on the name calling...That IS against the ToU ya know.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:55 PM
crunkz

Originally Posted by kcobean
First things first, welcome to the forum. This is the internet's largest 350Z web-site, and it's a great place to learn from the pro's, hang out with buddies and share your car with the rest of us. Your race, your financial position, etc. don't matter here because we're all car enthusiasts first when we're here. Remember that as you read the rest of my post.

Now, you have no historical perspective with which to view this thread, and that puts you at a distinct dis-advantage when interpreting the course it took. You have to realize that those of us who have been around the scene for awhile have seen "gimmicks" like this one over and over again, and they've become a thing of comedy for most of us. It's not arrogance that causes us to criticize them, it's the fact that if they really worked, they would be seen in the mainstream aftermarket product line-up. But they don't really work, and that's why you'll never see a reputable vendor (like our site sponsors) trying to sell one. The fact that the seller couldn't back up the product he's selling with a dyno sheet or even provide any flow numbers to indicate that this blower can flow more air than a 3.5L engine can pull in speaks volumes about the viability of the product. The skepticism that appeared in this thread could have been met by the seller with a simple "here's a data sheet showing how this product works". Instead, he chose to get defensive and start calling names. Had he conducted himself a little differently, this could have gone much better for him. Coming in and insulting peole who know better was his own undoing.

There are guys on this site who could probably be driving Lambos if they wanted to, and there are guys who have stretched themselves to the limit to afford a Z. There are guys here who are still a year or more away from being able to afford one, and there are guys who don't want one, but are still here because they're enthusiasts who enjoy the site. There are guys here who have over $100K invested into their Z's. The diversity of car enthusiast here is amazing. We're all pretty "chill" as long as people realize that this is our community, our neighborhood, and you're more than welcome to join in, as long as you show a little etiquette and common courtesy.

I sincerely hope you choose to hang around. This site has lots to offer, regardless of who you are, where you're from, etc.

Again, welcome.
That's what I'm talking about here. Finally, there's someone on here who's man enough to talk like man. First of all, I would like to say thank you for the welcoming. Honestly, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I was just surfing around and found this site and was checking into it, but after I saw how you guys talk, it just made me felt like this place was full of girls with drama. I understand there's people out there who are scammers, but do we really need to stoop down to their level to prove that they are? We don't even know the facts about this guy to judge him. I know that this site is diversed, but do you guys really think that other ethnicities will feel welcomed if they stop by and see (just like I did) that you guys actually posted up a picture of a dictionary and told the guy to go back to elementary school for his grammar? Who knows what the guy is, but are you guys English majors to be able to make such a stereotypical comment? I'm a down to earth guy who likes to have fun and chit chat with interesting people and that's what attracted me to this site, but man, what a shame. Let the guy do his thing and you guys do your thing. Obviously someone on this forum feels the same way as I do and let that guy know about this forum for him to be able to find it. But thanks again for the welcoming.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:55 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sums up this entire community very well said.. almost brought a tear to my eye.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:56 PM
GlassCurtain

Um, I just signed on to this site because I just bought a used 350z and thought that getting on this forum would be cool, but after hearing how you guys talk on here is really disturbing. I don't know any of you guys, but why would you sit there and talk about people who aren't even related to you in any ways. That guy might be selling sh*t out there, but if you guys are educated and wise like you said you are then why would you even have time to sit there and diss people's things? You guys just make yourself look bad by sounding all arrogant and rich just because you own a 350Z. Hell, I'm a black dude who owns one now too, but I can guarantee you, I'm not rich. I work for what I have and I respect people. I understand that you guys don't want others to be scammed, but you think people are going to respect you by talking sh*t to them like that? I'm not taking up for you guys or this ebay guy, but you all claim to be educated and all that, but would people who are really educated and well off talk like that? You guys just sound like a bunch of stuck up 350Z owners and that's what make 350Z owners look bad. The guy isn't even putting the auction up just for 350Z owners. You guys just really need to chill. I don't think that I would need to be banned from this site because I would gladly ban myself if all this site is but a bunch of arrogant fools thinking that they're better than everyone else.
Respect is earned...never given. C6vette had a chance to earn our respect but that went out the window as soon as he starting taking offense and resorting to sophomoric means.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:58 PM
crunkz

Originally Posted by BigRez

See, this is the kind of people who I'm refering to as "arrogant 350Z owners who thinks that they're better than everyone else." I'm the dumbass? You can't even spell the "dumb" in dumbass.

Last edited by crunkz; 10-25-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dave079
Who wants to do an IP check?
Ewwwww, me, me, me, c'mon do it
Old 10-25-2006, 08:03 PM
BigRez
Banned

That's what I'm talking about here. Finally, there's someone on here who's man enough to talk like man. First of all, I would like to say thank you for the welcoming. Honestly, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I was just surfing around and found this site and was checking into it, but after I saw how you guys talk, it just made me felt like this place was full of girls with drama. I understand there's people out there who are scammers, but do we really need to stoop down to their level to prove that they are? We don't even know the facts about this guy to judge him. I know that this site is diversed, but do you guys really think that other ethnicities will feel welcomed if they stop by and see (just like I did) that you guys actually posted up a picture of a dictionary and told the guy to go back to elementary school for his grammar? Who knows what the guy is, but are you guys English majors to be able to make such a stereotypical comment? I'm a down to earth guy who likes to have fun and chit chat with interesting people and that's what attracted me to this site, but man, what a shame. Let the guy do his thing and you guys do your thing. Obviously someone on this forum feels the same way as I do and let that guy know about this forum for him to be able to find it. But thanks again for the welcoming.
Ill put it as simple as this, when a z owner asks a question we ( i hope) or at least i would answer honestly to him so he doesnt get scammed. C6vette just happened to defend his garbage hes selling on ebay and others gave there view about why its not a good product. what is it to you anyway. if you dont like the posts then dont read them.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See, this is the kind of people who I'm refering to as "arrogant 350Z owners who thinks that they're better than everyone else." I'm the dumbass? You can't even spell the "dumb" in dumbass.
He was just pointing out how meaningless it was to mention your race. It's called sarcasm and there's alot of it on this site.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:13 PM
kcobean

I didn't interpret anything you said in your original post as rude at all, you just have a different perspective as a new member than many of the contributors to this thread have as "veteran" members.

I see nothing wrong with taking pot-shots at any product on the internet, good or bad because an opinion is just an opinion. When the seller became involved, he steered the course of the thread with his behavior, and while the high-road would have been to just ignore him, that's not really why people join a forum like this. This is, after all an "e-home" for many folks, and we view it with some level of pride and defensiveness.

Some threads are just bound to go wrong. Of all the hundreds of thousands of threads on this site, a very small percentage end up like this one. It's unfortunate that this one ended up being your first impression of a site with almost 4 years of great history behind it. Poke around a little, introduce yourself to the guys in your regional section, and I'm sure we'll grow on you.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

I didn't interpret anything you said in your original post as rude at all, you just have a different perspective as a new member than many of the contributors to this thread have as "veteran" members.

I see nothing wrong with taking pot-shots at any product on the internet, good or bad because an opinion is just an opinion. When the seller became involved, he steered the course of the thread with his behavior, and while the high-road would have been to just ignore him, that's not really why people join a forum like this. This is, after all an "e-home" for many folks, and we view it with some level of pride and defensiveness.

Some threads are just bound to go wrong. Of all the hundreds of thousands of threads on this site, a very small percentage end up like this one. It's unfortunate that this one ended up being your first impression of a site with almost 4 years of great history behind it. Poke around a little, introduce yourself to the guys in your regional section, and I'm sure we'll grow on you.

+1 yeah, what kelly said
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 PM
theanswer0127

crunkz -

dude, u're being a lil bit too sensitive here. this is a public car forum. do u except all of us to talk like a conciliatory parent when we're met with scams like that? while we dissed and criticized him, we weren't being overly hostile or unreasonble in what we said. why else do u think the moderators haven't said or done anything?

if u can't handle even a lil bit of sh*t talk, then i'd go buy a box of tissue for u and wish u good luck in the real world.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
BigRez
Banned

Answers always has the best answers. im lovin it

Quick Reply: supercharger, turbocharger for sale on ebay.. omg is this for reals??