Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What stock Z Color gets the most Negative Attention?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006 | 01:28 PM
SargentZ

Default What stock Z Color gets the most Negative Attention?

In other words, which color is the biggest cop-magnet. You know who you are. You got lots of tickets in your Z. Now what color is it?! Custom paint jobs need not apply as they always get more attention, neg or pos.
SZ
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:38 PM
Suvlaki

My fair guess would be either the Redline or the 2005 Yellow, as they stick out more. Black and Silver seem to blend in the best, as the black is dark and inconspicuous and the silver blends w/ the gray street.

Then again, I drive a Magnetic Black Z and got a ticket for 71 in a 45 when I was really going 55 so... Yeah. Who knows?...
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:44 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

u forgot orange! it's pretty much common sense, brighter colors = greater visibility.
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:51 PM
yahookendogg

i got a speeding ticket week after i got the car. mines black 06'. doesn't really matter what color
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:56 PM
xjongsangx80

Originally Posted by yahookendogg
i got a speeding ticket week after i got the car. mines black 06'. doesn't really matter what color
all that fast driving in highway caused that...(saw your vid)ㅡㅡ;
운전 조심..ㅋㅋ
Old 10-30-2006 | 02:02 PM
davidv

None. In fact I have seen no data supporting the cops hate red myth.
Old 10-30-2006 | 02:11 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

While the color of the car may not have an effect on cops and tickets, research has shown that the color you pick has a lot to do with your personality. People with an aggressive personality may tend to drive more aggressively, garnering them more tickets.

I think the whole color stigma may be applicable to the general population of drivers. But when you get into a sports car, you're going to attract more attention no matter which color you drive. That may be the factor that gets you more tickets, not the actual color.
Old 10-30-2006 | 02:15 PM
SargentZ

I think I read that White is the most "pulled-over" color. Damn if white Z's didn't look so good!
Old 10-30-2006 | 02:31 PM
Hashiriya

Originally Posted by SargentZ
I think I read that White is the most "pulled-over" color. Damn if white Z's didn't look so good!

Oh dont say that! I havent got pulled over yet. (knock on wood)
Old 10-30-2006 | 02:56 PM
usmanasif

Is this a serious question? It is red; Z or not.

All it comes down to is what sticks out in a crowd. LS would as well.
Old 10-30-2006 | 03:07 PM
NewJerZ

What's that new 2008 color?? Solar Orange? If this makes the Z look like a big Florida Orange on 4 wheels, cops will be all over it..LOL!!
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:01 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Is this a serious question? It is red; Z or not.

All it comes down to is what sticks out in a crowd. LS would as well.
That's what most people think...
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:14 PM
Tenac1ousZ

It's true that some colors attract more attention. The interesting thing is, though, that different colors provoke different feelings when being around.

I read an interesting article during my psychology class a while back in which researchers studied the way colors affect people's mood. According to their findings, (if I remember correctly) RED makes people more aggressive; it gives a feeling of heat. So, if a person is surrounded by a lot of RED colors - room with red walls, carpets, etc. - they feel hot/intence. So, say, you got pulled over, and the cop is standing next to your brigh-as red car, you can guess what will likely be the outcome lol. BLACK has similar affects, too, but it's more lowkeyed/less aggressive.

Blue is the opposite. Based on their research (and I think most can relate to this), blue gives a feeling of cold/relaxation. That's why some car sales men like to wear blue, because it makes the buyer more relaxed (believe it or not).... I guess so they woun't mind signing papers they normally might have a heart attact thinking about .

WHITE and GRAY were the colors that created a sense of calm/comfort also, but too much gives a sense of emptiness, because of the lack of emotion. I don't remever yellow or green, purple, etc., but they found that a combination of all the bright colors made people more happy. Some buildings have their entrance/hall painted in many different colors for this purpose. If you pay attention, you'll spot it - Kindergartens, daycares, freaking disney land (the color galore of them all!).

Try it out and see how it affects you. One way is to buy a few T-shirts with different colors and note how the colors affect how you or others around you feel on that particular day. Those who find themselves wearing RED over and over, we all know, are attention ****** (Santa Comes to mind...)

The idea that colors affect your mood differently is actually different from that research which generalizes your personality based on the color you chose for your car.

Last edited by Tenac1ousZ; 10-30-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

To answer the title-what color gets the most negative attention-easy its Brickyard because its butt!

IMO-no such thing as "arrest me XXcolorhereXX" its all in the drivers.
Old 10-30-2006 | 04:38 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z
Premier Member

I have an SB...and I drive like a granny on the streets. But cops tail me all the time...
Old 10-30-2006 | 05:43 PM
Voboy

^- +1. I drive like a granny usually and everyone tails me.
Old 10-30-2006 | 06:10 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by Tenac1ousZ
It's true that some colors attract more attention. The interesting thing is, though, that different colors provoke different feelings when being around.

I read an interesting article during my psychology class a while back in which researchers studied the way colors affect people's mood. According to their findings, (if I remember correctly) RED makes people more aggressive; it gives a feeling of heat. So, if a person is surrounded by a lot of RED colors - room with red walls, carpets, etc. - they feel hot/intence. So, say, you got pulled over, and the cop is standing next to your brigh-as red car, you can guess what will likely be the outcome lol. BLACK has similar affects, too, but it's more lowkeyed/less aggressive.

Blue is the opposite. Based on their research (and I think most can relate to this), blue gives a feeling of cold/relaxation. That's why some car sales men like to wear blue, because it makes the buyer more relaxed (believe it or not).... I guess so they woun't mind signing papers they normally might have a heart attact thinking about .

WHITE and GRAY were the colors that created a sense of calm/comfort also, but too much gives a sense of emptiness, because of the lack of emotion. I don't remever yellow or green, purple, etc., but they found that a combination of all the bright colors made people more happy. Some buildings have their entrance/hall painted in many different colors for this purpose. If you pay attention, you'll spot it - Kindergartens, daycares, freaking disney land (the color galore of them all!).

Try it out and see how it affects you. One way is to buy a few T-shirts with different colors and note how the colors affect how you or others around you feel on that particular day. Those who find themselves wearing RED over and over, we all know, are attention ****** (Santa Comes to mind...)

The idea that colors affect your mood differently is actually different from that research which generalizes your personality based on the color you chose for your car.
Thanks Dr. Phil.
Old 10-30-2006 | 06:48 PM
TSG-Z

I say that ultra Phoenix Yellow or whatever its called.
Old 10-30-2006 | 07:26 PM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by SargentZ
That's because there are more white cars than any other cars out there. Therefore a greater percentage of the total number of cars pulled over will be white. All statistics lie.
Old 10-30-2006 | 07:35 PM
kPaNdA350

Equal percentage, white/silver cars

Quick Reply: What stock Z Color gets the most Negative Attention?