Old 11-21-2006, 02:16 PM
steven88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm in for some hood bulge pictures....and new features
Old 11-21-2006, 06:25 PM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by LastODJedi
Maybe it has something to do with having a clutch, and not having the intellikey is a safety precaution on the manual?

The 07 G sedan has the IKEY. If you try to start it without putting the clutch in it lights up clutch in sexy coloring

I don't think the new Z is getting the IKEY. I hope it does, it's a nice feature. The 07 Z so far seems to only be getting bluetooth.

07 Z is Nissan SHIFT 1 1/4
Old 11-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
07 Z is Nissan SHIFT 1 1/4
SHIFT_1.25 LOL

Yeah based on the hood design, that pic that was scanned looks like an 06. Sucks. I'm needing a fix right about now.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:21 AM
BrianV

People who are comparing the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time deltas of the G35 and comparing them to this 07 Z are make a gross assumption.

There's weight differences in the new G35, perhaps different gearing, etc. I remember when the Z came out and people were reviewing 03s and 04s and were getting 13.9-14.0, now with the 06s with more power they've gotten slower. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since the weight has gotten really bad, but until people start testing we'll never know. I thought about going in and trading my Roadster in for an 07 but I'm going to wait and see what the 08 has in store. It's either that or a used C6 Z06. This will be my last true sports car before family obligations come into the picture so I want something that performs near supercar levels.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:08 AM
jdifolco

mmmm k
Old 11-22-2006, 07:33 AM
DN350

I have been trying to order an 07 for 2 months. Problem is there are too many 06s on the lots. Pics would be nice since I wanted the Silverstone. I'll post as soon as my order goes through, if ever
Old 11-22-2006, 08:08 AM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by BrianV
People who are comparing the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time deltas of the G35 and comparing them to this 07 Z are make a gross assumption.

There's weight differences in the new G35, perhaps different gearing, etc. I remember when the Z came out and people were reviewing 03s and 04s and were getting 13.9-14.0, now with the 06s with more power they've gotten slower. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since the weight has gotten really bad, but until people start testing we'll never know. I thought about going in and trading my Roadster in for an 07 but I'm going to wait and see what the 08 has in store. It's either that or a used C6 Z06. This will be my last true sports car before family obligations come into the picture so I want something that performs near supercar levels.
Nobody is making any gross assumptions. I am sorry, but the new VQ is a faster engine, and will show that in any car its put in. I have driven the auto and manual and the difference can certainly be felt. Again, there is not a single 06 owner that has weighed there car and showed any significant weight gains (as far as I remember) the weight gain is a myth.

As for the 06 not being faster, well it only had about 10+ hp if that. That issue has also been discussed into the ground, and it seems to be the revup is a tad faster, but its essentially a drivers race.

We won't see the kind of improvement the G35 has seen, because the sedan was never rated as high as the coupe or the Z.

Car and Driver put the 07 G sedan on the top 10 burnout cars, they love it! 5.2@103 is a nice speed, and even if the Z can match that in its worst times I will be happy.

Yes, the 07 Z is not going to give you Z06 performance. It will give you improvements in refinement, feel, higher revs for track warriors always nice, and a more legit sportscar feel IMO..
Old 11-22-2006, 08:17 AM
mcowger

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
The 07 G sedan has the IKEY. If you try to start it without putting the clutch in it lights up clutch in sexy coloring

I don't think the new Z is getting the IKEY. I hope it does, it's a nice feature. The 07 Z so far seems to only be getting bluetooth.
Too bad thats just the sedan. I really love the idea of the iKey, but its silly not to have it at least AVAILABLE on all teh cars.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 AM
NVS_350Z

I wouldnt doubt the 05-06 is heavier then the 03-04. They might have put more sound dampening material in the car. I used to have a 02 Acura RSX and then the 05 RSX came out and it weighed 80 lbs more from sound dampening material and other added parts.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Bannon

Originally Posted by BrianV

+1. '08 will be the best way to go. Take the wait, not the weight
Old 11-22-2006, 12:19 PM
ESPO 774

Originally Posted by Deftones
There was a post a week or so back covering this... the color code for San Marino Blue is the same as the color code Infiniti had for Twilight Blue. So it'll most likely look a lil somethin like thiiiiiiiiiis....

what brakes are those???
Old 11-22-2006, 12:53 PM
350zQ45a

I am just guessing, but this will probably be the last year of the Z33. The new G sedan has rolled out and the coupe will be out in 07. Seems logical the next Z will be all new.

I think if you are on the sidelines the thing to wait for is the annoucement of what will power the new 08 G coupe. If its a new engine, you know the Z will be getting it as well.

Still if you love the Z33 an 07 will be the way to go
Old 11-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Z-Power

Originally Posted by jinsei888
....they brought back the Datsun Z hood S30

As a automotive/transportation design student I have to be blunt and state that the hood design is a 100% last minute decision and overall fails to carry Ajay Panchal's original design lines and proportions...not a good design resolution on the part of nissan; but of course, things look different when you see them in person right? ...right.......?

it looks like a gold fish....
Old 11-22-2006, 01:12 PM
350zQ45a

Love that Silver..

Would have liked to see a gunmental like the titanium on the lotus, but still diggin the carbon
Old 11-22-2006, 02:57 PM
MannyChance

Originally Posted by mcowger
Too bad thats just the sedan. I really love the idea of the iKey, but its silly not to have it at least AVAILABLE on all teh cars.
Yup. Should at least be available on the vast majority.
Didn't someone here say the clutch light is "sexy"??
Just get out of prison, or been living in a cave by himself past five years?
Lol, wtf
Old 11-22-2006, 04:33 PM
zergalisk

Hi guys! I went to the SF Auto Show today, and I got a chance to see the 2007 350z. Since I'm a newbie, I don't really know what the differences were.

In some past posts, someone said to take pictures of the underside. I looked pretty stupid trying to get under there, and I didn't know what I was looking for... Anyways, there's one main exhaust coming from the front, and then going into a big muffler in the back and into the two tail pipes. Maybe they didn't actually DO anything for this "2007" display model.

It did have the new bulge on the hood, and it actually doesn't look that bad in person. It's a little more defined going back to the windshield, even though the bulge looks really pronounced in the front. It's definitely tolerable.

There were stickers on it that said...this is a pre-production model and the doors must remain locked. The GPS system isn't closed up, but it's just a...black plastic version of the one of the new G35.

I don't know if the rear strut tower got moved back, but I guess I'll leave that for you guys to decide when I get a chance to post pics on Sunday.

I left my picture transfer cable at school (back for break), so...I'm kinda stuck. Sorry guys!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Ser-J

Originally Posted by zergalisk
Hi guys! I went to the SF Auto Show today, and I got a chance to see the 2007 350z. Since I'm a newbie, I don't really know what the differences were.

In some past posts, someone said to take pictures of the underside. I looked pretty stupid trying to get under there, and I didn't know what I was looking for... Anyways, there's one main exhaust coming from the front, and then going into a big muffler in the back and into the two tail pipes. Maybe they didn't actually DO anything for this "2007" display model.

It did have the new bulge on the hood, and it actually doesn't look that bad in person. It's a little more defined going back to the windshield, even though the bulge looks really pronounced in the front. It's definitely tolerable.

There were stickers on it that said...this is a pre-production model and the doors must remain locked. The GPS system isn't closed up, but it's just a...black plastic version of the one of the new G35.

I don't know if the rear strut tower got moved back, but I guess I'll leave that for you guys to decide when I get a chance to post pics on Sunday.

I left my picture transfer cable at school (back for break), so...I'm kinda stuck. Sorry guys!
Man you got to post them pics ASAP
Old 11-22-2006, 05:25 PM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by MannyChance
Yup. Should at least be available on the vast majority.
Didn't someone here say the clutch light is "sexy"??
Just get out of prison, or been living in a cave by himself past five years?
Lol, wtf

Hah, I was more refering to the guages and color scheme the new G sedan is using. Again, I was using hyperbole, but compared to the orange guage of yesteryear on the old G< I think it is much better and yes for auto guages sexy.

As for being available, that is how Nissan does. They don't seem to roll out new tech on their aging line. That is why the Z isn't receiving much if any of the new shift features

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread