Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:55 PM
antennahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking close at the left side of the steering wheel,the former power and mode buttons are different. They look like little telephone handle icons from here, bluetooth maybe? I need bluetooth with the factory headunit ('06), hope its an add on module.

John
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
350zQ45a

Def bluetooh. It's been confirmed for the touring on up models for 07
Old 12-05-2006, 06:09 AM
jasonintoronto

from autoblog:
Nissan quietly drops new VQ in 350Z

Posted Dec 5th 2006 9:55AM by Damon Lavrinc
Filed under: LA Auto Show, Sports/GTs, Nissan

Click image to enlarge

While everyone was lining up in orderly rows to watch the official unveiling of the Sentra SE-R and Altima coupe at Nissan's LA press conference, we snapped a few pics of a pre-production model of the 2007 350Z.

Although the exterior has gotten a few subtle tweaks that only those of us in the Z-car enthusiast camp would notice, they deserve a brief mention. While the headlamps and taillights have been revised with LED bulbs and new housings, the most striking change was the addition of a power dome that eschews the two creases that formerly flanked both sides hood.

So what could possibly justify such a change? Why, more power, naturally. Nissan's venerable VQ35, 3.5-liter V6 is now producing 306 HP, which doesn't seem like a substantial increase over the last model's 300 HP, until you take into account that new output calculations have recently been adopted. As it turns out the same engine that's fitted to the new G35 and the 350Z is making between 15 and 20 HP more than the outgoing 2006 models, which should easily be felt by even the numbest backside.

The increase in power is mainly due to revisions made to the variable valve timing on the exhaust side of the valvetrain, allowing the new engine to rev past the 7k redline of former models, all the way up to a newly set 7,500 RPM.

This new engine will also find a home in the new Altima and Maxima, as well as the Altima coupe, which should make Nissan's new entry-level two-door one of the great performance bargains of 2007.

More pics of the 350Z's new exterior bits and interior are posted after the jump.

[Source: Nissan and Kicking Tires]
Old 12-05-2006, 06:57 AM
NVS_350Z

you man me want this car more and more!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
mannys

Just had a cold call from a dealer in Houston claiming that he has an 07 Enthusiast that has just came off of the truck. I have not confirmed this.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:54 AM
jeeper78

Originally Posted by mannys
Just had a cold call from a dealer in Houston claiming that he has an 07 Enthusiast that has just came off of the truck. I have not confirmed this.
I'll have some of whatever he's smoking.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:22 AM
FRLDYZPIMPN

This is making me more and more horny!!!!
I cant control myself.

Ive decided to trade in my 05 Titan, for an 07 Z. I will do this as soon as they come in.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
urosbe

More pictures from that blog:

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/05/n...ew-vq-in-350z/

Uros
Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 AM
downforce

Default The next generation Z

Just found this;

10 Questions With Larry Dominique Vice President, Product Planning and Strategy Department, Nissan North America, Inc. December 1, 2006

1. The latest generation Nissan 350Z, introduced as a 2003 model, is still strong enough to be named Road & Track’s "best enthusiast car under $30,000." But value aside, the Z is giving away its star status in the lineup to the upcoming GT-R. What happens next with the Z and how do you keep it relevant to enthusiast buyers?

As a world-class supercar, the GT-R is the "icon" of the franchise – and its reputation and status will only grow stronger once the next generation hits the global market. But the Z is Nissan’s volume "icon" which helps maintain our brand strength to the mass market.

The current 350Z and 350Z Roadster continue to be well received by sports car buyers. The Z delivers upon the promise of great sports car performance at a "reasonable" price tag. The price of GT-R will keep it above the mass market, but Z is attainable by most. The next generation Z will continue to deliver upon that promise. It will have considerably more performance than the current model and give a visual stimulus beyond today’s Z. This value and performance proposition will be even better than today, continuing an almost 40-year tradition as Nissan’s brand icon.

2. The VQ-series V6 has had a remarkable run as one of the best mass production engines in the world. Where do you take the VQ next – more displacement, turbos or superchargers?

The VQ series V6 engine has had a record run on Ward’s"10 best engines" list for good reason. This engine is world class in every attribute. We are continuing to pursue higher horsepower and torque in upcoming vehicle releases, initially through displacement changes. However, in the world of gas price volatility we are also making sure our power improvements include fuel economy improvements.

When Nissan modifies our engines, we improve not just the power, but we also reduce internal friction, improve emissions and improve engine efficiency. This allows us to introduce enhanced driving performance while improving our fuel economy. In the future, we will continue to explore efficient means to maintain the exciting driving pleasure associated with every Nissan and Infiniti product. As fuel prices increase we must bring improved economy while maintaining our brand identity.

Source: http://nissannews.com/

Last edited by downforce; 12-05-2006 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Most interesting points made bold.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:02 AM
evolved326

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
from autoblog:

Wow I just noticed the light has been changed? or is it jsut the lighting?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
6894kevin

The light is the first thing i noticed!

Do you think the orange/yellow is the bulb or the back reflector on the inside? GOD i hope it's just the bulb cause i hate that color on any car! And yes i know it is required in the states but that does not mean ya can't change it. If any one knows let me know

Cheers

Kevin
Old 12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
VoKaL

man that hood is ugly....if i buy a z now, i'll have to buy a normal hood or buy an 06.. .....im dissapointed.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 PM
NVS_350Z

bashing on the hood does get old. It looks fine in the picture and I bet in person it looks even hotter!!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Ser-J

We all know the 03-06 hood is nicer, but its not about the hood its whats under it.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:42 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
Although the exterior has gotten a few subtle tweaks that only those of us in the Z-car enthusiast camp would notice
subtle??????? who do they think they're kidding?!?!!.................
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by mannys
So ah, ...any confirmation yet? You know you can't just say stuff like this and not follow up.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:56 AM
downforce

Originally Posted by mc350z
^ good find

"It will have considerably more performance than the current model and give a visual stimulus beyond today’s Z"

let me find the nicest words to say i think that confirms the 07 Z is a fancy model year "filler" until the real deal comes out.

im not gonna be in the market for a new Z so i can unbiasly say as tempting as the new engine and HP bump is i would wait to at least see whats in store for the new Z. it seems to me from that quote they want to take it up a notch to something more in the cayman league
So what your saying is, this guys is including the 2007 as the current model or today's Z, and that the next gen will be after the 2007? I'm not arguing with you it's just that they haven't technically released the 2007 model yet so it wouldn't be considered current or today's Z.

Your probably right and I agree with you based on information released about the 2007 and that it doesn't appear to have "a visual stimulus beyond today’s Z." Just thought I'd keep it interesting!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:58 AM
streetracer

I agree with MC. Makes perfect sense. They wont jeopardize the new generation if the current one is still strong in reviews.

BTW MC, what will you be searching for by that time that is not a Z? GTR...maybe? Just curious.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:36 AM
jeeper78

Originally Posted by mc350z
^ good find

"It will have considerably more performance than the current model and give a visual stimulus beyond today’s Z"

let me find the nicest words to say i think that confirms the 07 Z is a fancy model year "filler" until the real deal comes out.

im not gonna be in the market for a new Z so i can unbiasly say as tempting as the new engine and HP bump is i would wait to at least see whats in store for the new Z. it seems to me from that quote they want to take it up a notch to something more in the cayman league
I totally agree.

It is important to realize that the '07 is NOT the "next generation" as downforce is questioning. "Next generation" would be a major redesign, not just the engine, exhaust, and hood tweaks that we've been hearing about on the '07.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread