Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:13 PM
evolved326

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nt

Last edited by evolved326; 11-17-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by evolved326
By the way, stop hating on the fact that your color is discontinued respect that the Z is getting (according to the g35 reviews and other sources) a kick *** motor::

TYTY for the pic, Solar Orange isn't too puke like you said it was the other day. Got any more?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:22 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by Deftones
TYTY for the pic, Solar Orange isn't too puke like you said it was the other day. Got any more?

Congrats to you and I on our 2007 Z =) someday...
Old 11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Deftones

Congrats to you and I on our 2007 Z =) someday...
What are you planning on going with? (Trim, color?) Drive that Solar Orange yet? What is that, Grand Touring? The rims look different to me. Not the same rims as I saw on the Carbon Silver from the O.C. show. Thoughts on performance, exhaust note? (If you've driven it.) Ordering mine in 2 days.

Last edited by Deftones; 11-06-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:34 PM
evolved326

What are you planning on going with? (Trim, color?) Drive that Solar Orange yet? What is that, Touring? The rims look different to me. Not the same rims as I saw on the Carbon Silver from the O.C. show. Thoughts on performance, exhaust note? (If you've driven it.) Ordering mine in 2 days.

I only wish I can drive it. Like i said though, they are pics taken by a friend. It apears to be a GT (since the touring is disco'ed for now). Those rims have always been around for the '06 touring and GT's.

I was planning on the silverstone, but now thats it's changing I might go white (ani-you ) or red. The new "silverstone, sorry I forget the new name, looks a little warm. I liked the cool silverstone of before, but it might be the indoor lights. We'll see. Cant wait!! But you know how I fwll
Old 11-06-2006, 11:35 PM
evolved326

What are you planning on going with? (Trim, color?) Drive that Solar Orange yet? What is that, Touring? The rims look different to me. Not the same rims as I saw on the Carbon Silver from the O.C. show. Thoughts on performance, exhaust note? (If you've driven it.) Ordering mine in 2 days.

I only wish I can drive it. Like i said though, they are pics taken by a friend. It apears to be a GT (since the touring is disco'ed for now). Those rims have always been around for the '06 touring and GT's.

I was planning on the silverstone, but now thats it's changing I might go white (ani-you ) or red. The new "silverstone, sorry I forget the new name, looks a little warm. I liked the cool silverstone of before, but it might be the indoor lights. We'll see. Cant wait!! But you know how I feel
Old 11-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Deftones

I was planning on the silverstone, but now thats it's changing I might go white (ani-you ) or red. The new "silverstone, sorry I forget the new name, looks a little warm. I liked the cool silverstone of before, but it might be the indoor lights. We'll see. Cant wait!! But you know how I feel
Oh ok, that's the 18f, 19r RAYS rims from the Grand Touring model then. I thought Touring was still going to be available and Track was the one that got removed. Looks like a brembo peeking out so I'd say GT. Yeah if the new Silver was darker than Silverstone I might have been interested. Doesn't make too much sense to me to do away with the best selling color, but whatever. Anybody got pics of San Marino Blue yet? Don't tell me it's that blue on that G35 I saw the other day... that looked like a 93 Honda Prelude Blue. I used to have a white 95 Acura Legend Coupe (R.I.Pieces) and after that car... I'll never go back to white again. People say black is hard to keep clean, OMG... white is worse for me ;p
Old 11-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Grumpy_G.

Sounds like GT model is the new Track, since its riding one RAYS & Brembo. Makes me wonder, if they bring back Track model, whats gonna be upgraded?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
evolved326

Oh ok, that's the 18f, 19r RAYS rims from the Grand Touring model then. I thought Touring was still going to be available and Track was the one that got removed. Looks like a brembo peeking out so I'd say GT. Yeah if the new Silver was darker than Silverstone I might have been interested. Doesn't make too much sense to me to do away with the best selling color, but whatever. Anybody got pics of San Marino Blue yet? Don't tell me it's that blue on that G35 I saw the other day... that looked like a 93 Honda Prelude Blue. I used to have a white 95 Acura Legend Coupe (R.I.Pieces) and after that car... I'll never go back to white again. People say black is hard to keep clean, OMG... white is worse for me ;p

DUH, sorry you are right, I meant track, not touring. No, no sign of the new bluw, that's the color his workplace was given. He actually said that the orange was really nice though.

So you said the new silverstone is darker? I might be reinterested. Did it look like a warm or cool color? White stays cool in the sun and it doesnt show scratches. I had a black car. She was a *****!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by Grumpy_G.
Sounds like GT model is the new Track, since its riding one RAYS & Brembo. Makes me wonder, if they bring back Track model, whats gonna be upgraded?
My money is on a factory supercharger around mid year for around 42k. But that's just speculation on my part. Who knows.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:00 AM
GodSendsDeath

I put my money down on a 07 350Z. I used to have a 04 BMW 330ci and i can't waite for my car. I love the litle hump in the hood. Reminds me of that bully M3. I can't waite till i boost that Z and blow my friends AA supercharged M3 out of the water lol.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Deftones

DUH, sorry you are right, I meant track, not touring. No, no sign of the new bluw, that's the color his workplace was given. He actually said that the orange was really nice though.

So you said the new silverstone is darker? I might be reinterested. Did it look like a warm or cool color? White stays cool in the sun and it doesnt show scratches. I had a black car. She was a *****!
No no, I said that I'd BE interested If it WAS darker, lol. Doesn't look that way from those pics though. But like you said, it could just be that too many lights are hitting it... gonna have to see it in person for a final opinion.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Deftones

Originally Posted by GodSendsDeath
I put my money down on a 07 350Z. I used to have a 04 BMW 330ci and i can't waite for my car. I love the litle hump in the hood. Reminds me of that bully M3. I can't waite till i boost that Z and blow my friends AA supercharged M3 out of the water lol.
They wouldn't take my money until the system allows them to actually put the order in. From what I hear, the soonest that is going to be is Nov. 9th. 2% over invoice is what I got them down to... we'll see pricing on the 9th as well I take it. I'm getting pretty pissed though waiting here... I might drive down to the O.C. tonight, break into evolved's friends shop, take that Solar Orange GT and paint it MB and be done with it. Something tells me I wouldn't get away with it though.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Devil Z

I want that engine . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 11-07-2006, 04:52 AM
semtex

Would someone please re-post (or point me to) a picture of the new hood? I remember seeing it in this thread (on pg 36 or somewhere around there). But it looks like this thread was cleaned up with a bunch of the older pages being deleted.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:53 AM
semtex

Ugh...please disregard my previous post. I just found the pics.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:23 AM
NVS_350Z

By the way, stop hating on the fact that your color is discontinued respect that the Z is getting (according to the g35 reviews and other sources) a kick *** motor::

Hood bulges REQUIRED to house a higher performing motor (+5 HP ehemm ) are NOT GAY. Let that be said.

Discontimued Purple shapeshifting colors are..not gay either...

THATS HOT!!! damn that Twin intake system is gonna be sweet.

Look guys. The 07' Z is 5HP more but thats Peak power. Im betting low and mid range will be killer (twin intakes!!). I loved my 04' Z but now Im ready to pick up a 07' Z
Old 11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
MECANICO

Any more photos???
Old 11-07-2006, 06:43 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

....they brought back the Datsun Z hood S30

As a automotive/transportation design student I have to be blunt and state that the hood design is a 100% last minute decision and overall fails to carry Ajay Panchal's original design lines and proportions...not a good design resolution on the part of nissan; but of course, things look different when you see them in person right? ...right.......?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hood just kills it but that engine. HMMMMM I guess I'll wait till the new G35 coupe comes out. Hopefully it won't have that hideous hood.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread