Originally Posted by bpsherrill
have a few pics. just don't know how to post them
email them to me, ill host them for you! blazefast@gmail.com
Old 01-21-2007, 10:25 AM
blazefast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics

Pics courtesy of user bpsherrill.

These have been resized to 33% of original size. Full (2.3mb) size available on request lol
Old 01-21-2007, 11:37 AM
evolved326

Stopped by DCH nisaan of bueana park last night on the way to dinner. They have 5 in stock. 1 of them enth one of them trouring 1 GT 2 base. ALL AUTOMATIC! WTF?!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:44 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evolved326
ALL AUTOMATIC! WTF?!
Ew....

J/K

Still waiting for some to come to Oklahoma
Old 01-21-2007, 12:49 PM
6894kevin

Ok i wrote a letter about the Crap Nissan Pulled at the 07 auto show & got a reply today. LOL Input????

To Whom It May Concern:
The South Carolina Auto Show being held in Greenville SC was to at best a let down to me personally. I am a senior in college and about to purchase my first brand new car, and being a subscriber to Motor Trend Magazine, I figured the best place for me to obtain information on the specific 07 car that I wanted to purchase would be the auto show. Made sense to me, so I attended today and was very let down to learn the car that I wanted to see was not on display. Now I understand that it is not your fault the car manufactures did not display the car that I wanted to see. But the fact that a Magazine of your caliber would allow a manufacture to display an 06 model with a display giving all the stats of the 07 was not only an insult, but down right misleading and wrong. And to add to the insult, the representative from Nissan told me that the 2006 model Z was exactly the same as the 07. I understand that you can't control the representation of a specific company, but you should be able to control those cars that are being displayed when your name is on the billboard as a recognized leader in automotive information people trust your name and trust the information being given is correct. The representative did inform me that the car was not yet available, and this information was nothing new to me. I explained to him the commercials that I had seen on TV stated the 07 Nissan Z would be on display and the fact once again the it was being hosted by Motor Trend made me feel like I could trust the information being given. I am sorry to say that I feel used and mislead after my experience today at the auto show. I feel that the information that was given was misleading and unfortunately it has caused me to rethink continuing my subscription to you magazine. I know that I am just one person and that my input doesn't make much difference, but I just hope my voice is heard. I was always told to speak up when you feel things aren't right and that is what I am doing with this letter. Thank you for your time and I hope this letter reaches some one who will read it
Sincerely
Kevin M. Hill

REPLY To MY LETTER:
We appreciate your feedback on the autoshow. Its a growing show and we have made strides with educating the dealers on how best to represent their product. I am forwarding your comments to Nissan. When we make TV commercials we verify with the participating manufacturers what they are scheduled to exhibit at the show. We certainly don't condone representing an '06 as an '07 model. I have shared this with our floor staff as well. Keep my email and I would like you to email me next January and I will send you tickets to the show.
Your subscription to the magazine is appreciated and we hope you keep enjoying its articles well into the feature.
Thanks again for your comments.
Steve Freeman
Vice President, Executive Producer
Motor Trend Auto Shows
Old 01-21-2007, 01:35 PM
-Esoteric-

Stopped by DCH nisaan of bueana park last night on the way to dinner. They have 5 in stock. 1 of them enth one of them trouring 1 GT 2 base. ALL AUTOMATIC! WTF?!
Awesome

I'll paypal you some playmoney if one of them is solar orange and you can get some pictures of it in the light.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:07 PM
carlosb2005

Originally Posted by bpsherrill
Just test drove the new Z.....now I can't wait to get one!
sure you did, and Carmen Electra is my girlfriend
Old 01-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by carlosb2005
sure you did, and Carmen Electra is my girlfriend
...tf?

Thanks for the pics, bpsherrill... any thoughts on the test drive you'd like to share with the less fortunate, such as myself?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Z DreamZ

Default 2007 350Z Touring Quote

What do you guys think of this pricing for the following?

2007 350Z Touring Magnetic Black
DVD Navigation
Side Air Bags/Head Curtains
Floor Mats
Splash Guards
Cargo Package
Alum. Kick Plates
Carpeted Mat Trunk

Internet quoted = $34,259 before tax & registration

Feedback will be greatly appreciated
Old 01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
BluZee

Somebody is mistaken because there is no such thing as a base model with an automatic.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:26 PM
hiz-n-herz

Just looking at the 07 in person was getting me hot! lol

Stopped by Capitol Nissan in San Ho. They have the red '07 that was supposed to be sent to the Auto Show (not sure which one) but it arrived too late so they have it. It's a Redline Coupe with Frost interior - touring edition with Nav.

Did not have my camera since I stopped by on a whim (I was in the area).

The hood DEFINITELY serves a purpose here. When I popped the hood, my first reaction was "Holy ****, that engine is shoe-horned in there" It really is very tall. The pics thus far don't give a feeling for how tall the new engine is.

The hood looked great on the redline, but then the redline is the only color without metallic flake. (except maybe the new orange). Not sure how it will look in DB.

I am SERIOUSLY considering selling my 06 DB GT (6mt). I'll deal with the awkward-looking hood for an engine that is more refined. It just makes the driving experience that much better. BTW, I'd rather sell my car to a member at a huge discount than trade it in for wholesale. I'll have to get a trade-in quote from the dealer so I can post a sale price here on the forum. 5k miles...

I gotta see a real road test first though. It would suck to not have the midrange torque that I have with the rev-up and MREV2 + 5/16ths spacer.

Guy at the dealer told me it's the same engine just with dual intakes and a higher redline (after he told me he knows everything about the Z) WTF ever!

He did not believe me when I said it's 80% new.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:28 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by BluZee
Somebody is mistaken because there is no such thing as a base model with an automatic.

maybe i was mistaken but one thing was for sure. They were all autos.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:30 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Just looking at the 07 in person was getting me hot! lol

Stopped by Capitol Nissan in San Ho. They have the red '07 that was supposed to be sent to the Auto Show (not sure which one) but it arrived too late so they have it. It's a Redline Coupe with Frost interior - touring edition with Nav.

Did not have my camera since I stopped by on a whim (I was in the area).

The hood DEFINITELY serves a purpose here. When I popped the hood, my first reaction was "Holy ****, that engine is shoe-horned in there" It really is very tall. The pics thus far don't give a feeling for how tall the new engine is.

The hood looked great on the redline, but then the redline is the only color without metallic flake. (except maybe the new orange). Not sure how it will look in DB.

I am SERIOUSLY considering selling my 06 DB GT (6mt). I'll deal with the awkward-looking hood for an engine that is more refined. It just makes the driving experience that much better. BTW, I'd rather sell my car to a member at a huge discount than trade it in for wholesale. I'll have to get a trade-in quote from the dealer so I can post a sale price here on the forum. 5k miles...

I gotta see a real road test first though. It would suck to not have the midrange torque that I have with the rev-up and MREV2 + 5/16ths spacer.

Guy at the dealer told me it's the same engine just with dual intakes and a higher redline (after he told me he knows everything about the Z) WTF ever!

He did not believe me when I said it's 80% new.

Agreed! Please see the hood in person before making comments! It looks really good. Not good as in it serves it purpose in housing the bigger motor, but good as in looks better then the 03-06. Just my opinion of course...
Old 01-21-2007, 06:40 PM
bpsherrill

Originally Posted by Deftones
...tf?

Thanks for the pics, bpsherrill... any thoughts on the test drive you'd like to share with the less fortunate, such as myself?

I have only driven one other Z before (06), so I may not be the best to give details about the performance over the older models...I will say this though. The one thing that really impressed me was how I didn't even notice that the A/C was on until after the test drive. If the car had that much power with the air on I can only imagine how it will feel with it off. My current car's (Contour SVT) performance feels nonexistent when the air is on. I was so happy with the test drive that I completely forgot to take a look under the hood.

I have to agree that the new hood does look good. Trust me, these pictures don't do it justice.

Brian
Old 01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
evolved326

Originally Posted by -Esoteric-
Awesome

I'll paypal you some playmoney if one of them is solar orange and you can get some pictures of it in the light.
Actually, they do have the orange. Oddly enough, the others looked super clean while the orange looked liek it jsut came back from a baja race. I will hold my comments on the color until I see it on the street, clean.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Forever Z

Originally Posted by Z DreamZ
What do you guys think of this pricing for the following?

2007 350Z Touring Magnetic Black
DVD Navigation
Side Air Bags/Head Curtains
Floor Mats
Splash Guards
Cargo Package
Alum. Kick Plates
Carpeted Mat Trunk

Internet quoted = $34,259 before tax & registration

Feedback will be greatly appreciated
Not bad... I bought my '06 in july, with the same exact options, for 33,300. If you add the $250 increase of the '07, that brings the difference of our deals to ~$700. That's no too bad, seeing that this car is only like 2 or 3 weeks old.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:22 AM
evolved326

Costa mesa Nissan jsut called, they say they have my car coming in 10 days!! Wierd thing is, they couldnt find one when I wa sin the store.

Told me to come in and do paper work. I asked if they had a VIN ## yet and they said no. I told them I wouldnt be coming in until they have a VIN.

Hope they arent yankin my chain...
Old 01-22-2007, 10:26 AM
jeeper78

Originally Posted by phase1
This deal sounds really tempting:
2007 350 Z Enthusiast
Magnetic Black
Manual Transmission
$30,600

What should I do....negotiate, do the paper work, buy the Z................or wait 3 more months when I get back from Iraq???

It would be nice to step off that plane and step into my new Z.

Need to get fellow Z lovers thoughts and opinions.
That sounds pretty close to MSRP. You should be able to do better. Do they have a military discount?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 AM
evolved326

They just called me back again, now wanting a deposit of $500. I went to 2 dealers and they couldnt find what I wanted in the entire United States. That was this past weekend. How is one jsut poopin up? And how come they dont have a VIN ## if they found one? Is this normal practice? Any dealer guys out there that can give me some input?

When my friend bought her Honda FIT, they refused to take deposit $$ until they could provide her a VIN...

Last edited by evolved326; 01-22-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread