Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Bogus traffic ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:54 PM
IndustrialDuane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, try to get them on profiling or somthing becasue of your car, when u go to trial tell them everything the cop said to you, and how you FIT the descrption, it should be pointed out, at this point its going to be the cops word against yours, try to win over the jury dont leave anything out
Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

profiling, unprofessional, and degrading. Only thing you're missing is excessive force. Makes me want to put a DVR and a camera in my sh*t. Cops always do this and get away with it. I would mention in court that if the police can use their video tapes in court, the defendant should have access to it as well. Tell the judge that if you could have access to the tape, then you could prove your case. And since it belongs to the PD, you can't just walk in and pick it up. Be polite, because the judges tend to have similar attitudes (always assuming guilt).

Sad part is, I was in the service defending these idiots freedom. I'm sorry to say I wish I never had. I hate this place now. Freedom...haha...what freedom?
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah in a civilized way, repeat in court some of the things he said to you such as calling you a mother#$%@R etc. Or when you asked where would a suitible place to park would be and he scoffed at you and got in your face in a confrontational way.

on the other hand, a lot of time's it's human nature for cops to act the way they do a lot of the time. They see accidents and injured/dead people all the time in auto wrecks. They see idiots street racing on the highway while surrounded by traffic and after awhile I'm sure start thinking that everyone in a fast car is a speeder or law breaker

Last edited by sentry65; 11-13-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:34 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys. I finally got back from court. The case was dismissed due to lack of prosecution. I dont think cop showed up because a. it was too small of a problem b. couldnt make it due to job duties or c. didnt have enough evidence to prove that I was guilty as charged. Either way, I'm happy I didnt have to go through the whole trial process. I was running down the court room stairs like a happy little boy going after his ice cream. lol. Thank God it worked out. $750 dollars in total worth if found guilty is nothing to laugh at. They dont joke around when it comes to money. Again, thanks for all your help guys.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:42 PM
neh0209

$750?! Congrats on it being dismissed!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:46 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by neh0209
$750?! Congrats on it being dismissed!
Well could be up to $750. That is what I was told if I go into trial. Thanks for the congrats.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
kourosH

congrats..glad it turned out that way
Old 11-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Fletch69z

Wow, that is messed up. Me and about 10 of my friends met up at a Home Depot parking lot and were hanging out just talking before going out to eat and we all had modded sports cars (a Porsche 911TT, an FD, a couple of Cobras, etc) and two sheriff's cars showed up and told us we had to leave. We asked why and they said there had been a complaint and that we were loitering. So, we drove off and parked down the street at a movie theater, .
Old 11-13-2006, 01:53 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Wow, that is messed up. Me and about 10 of my friends met up at a Home Depot parking lot and were hanging out just talking before going out to eat and we all had modded sports cars (a Porsche 911TT, an FD, a couple of Cobras, etc) and two sheriff's cars showed up and told us we had to leave. We asked why and they said there had been a complaint and that we were loitering. So, we drove off and parked down the street at a movie theater, .
LOL...last meet I had with friends, we held our ground even after security came. Then when cops came we asked if it was alright if we went in to the store to do some shopping. The cops laughed and said sure but we cant just be hanging around. Too funny.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:08 PM
jelly

screw cops. if it wasn't for the unearned badge, most of them would be collecting unemployment checks from gov't since they can't get a decent job for sh*t with their donut-glazed empty brains and F'ed up attitude.

days of "oh i wanna be a cop when i grow up" are long gone. damn departments are full of idiots, brainless control freaks, and fatass social rejects who found a way to make easy $50k+ riding motorcyles half day and writing "reports" during the other half. I say "reports" in paranthesis because they're more suited to be called 2nd-grader book summary than an official report, full of grammatical errors, incomplete sentenses, and incoherent descriptions.

if your IQ is in two digits, you're lazy as f*ck to go to school, and you just can't deal with social rejection anymore, then join the force. that's the way it is these days. sad.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Silkk

Well, seems he didn't show up b/c he knew he didn't have jack on you...
Old 11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
highside107

Congrats on the dismissal bro!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
gprro1

We need some sort of mandatory minimum punishment for cops that overuse their "authority" or are disrespectful to the public. Take the system back some how. Why do we get nervous just seeing a cop? Shouldn't be that way, but we know a lot of them overuse their position and in general are power tripping dickz, and we have little recourse.

We need to band together, starting with this forum, spread through the other automotive forums are start our own "gang", and find a way to fight back somehow. I'd love to see speed limits raised on major highways for starters.

Which brings me to another point, most cops are at best average to slightly above, and I mean barely above, average intelligence ?(defined as IQ 100, or the 50% point for America, meaning half of America is smarter than the average cop). Shocker, this is preferred for average traffic cops (actual study, some cops are denied because they are too smart). Why, because it signifies lower levels of independent thought. Basically, follow directions and do as your told. AKA hand out tickets and make money for the state instead of thinking to them self, "you know what, that guy is doing 75 or 80 in a 65, but isn't really doing anything wrong or endangering himself or anyone in these traffic conditions, I shouldn't do anything". As a negative side effect it also means emotional involvement instead of intellectual involvement for decision making and doing their job. Basically, they get unnecessarily fired up too easy, like dumb ravenous dogs.

I couldn't hand out bullshiyt tickets because I know I'm hurting a person, and doing so because of money the state wants. Would the state be happier if everyone stopped speeding and was a "safer" place, but didn't have the money because of tickets? Doubt it, they would be happier with more speeding tickets. That's BULLSHI*. It's a f'd up system. Not to mention the reward system and the mentality it causes with cops. The cops in my college town were the lowest of the class probably and assigned to our town, the only way out was to make cases, the bigger the better for advancement, that's a f'd up reward system. There is ulterior motivation to screw people. Same goes for DA's.

Sorry for the mini hijack and long post, but I'm at my limit with this shi*, and everyone else should be too. Good luck with your case.

Seriously, anyone want to get things moving I'm ready, I'll re-post this somewhere else maybe and start a thread on what we can do. It needs focused internet wide and country wide support.

edit- damn, alot of new posts since i started typing, congrats on the dismiss

Last edited by gprro1; 11-13-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great to hear dragon11689, that your case was dismissed. Never nice to have a black mark against your name especially for no reason.

Originally Posted by gprro1
Why do we get nervous just seeing a cop? Shouldn't be that way, but we know a lot of them overuse their position and in general are power tripping, and we have little recourse.
That's seems to be the case where ever you go. Same here, everyone sees a cop, even if they are doing the speed limit and slow down or a cop sitting on the side of the road. Daft really, because that in it's self can cause an accident Go figure.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by jelly
screw cops. if it wasn't for the unearned badge, most of them would be collecting unemployment checks from gov't since they can't get a decent job for sh*t with their donut-glazed empty brains and F'ed up attitude.

days of "oh i wanna be a cop when i grow up" are long gone. damn departments are full of idiots, brainless control freaks, and fatass social rejects who found a way to make easy $50k+ riding motorcyles half day and writing "reports" during the other half. I say "reports" in paranthesis because they're more suited to be called 2nd-grader book summary than an official report, full of grammatical errors, incomplete sentenses, and incoherent descriptions.

if your IQ is in two digits, you're lazy as f*ck to go to school, and you just can't deal with social rejection anymore, then join the force. that's the way it is these days. sad.
LMAO. Damn straight!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by gprro1
We need some sort of mandatory minimum punishment for cops that overuse their "authority" or are disrespectful to the public. Take the system back some how. Why do we get nervous just seeing a cop? Shouldn't be that way, but we know a lot of them overuse their position and in general are power tripping dickz, and we have little recourse.

We need to band together, starting with this forum, spread through the other automotive forums are start our own "gang", and find a way to fight back somehow. I'd love to see speed limits raised on major highways for starters.

Which brings me to another point, most cops are at best average to slightly above, and I mean barely above, average intelligence ?(defined as IQ 100, or the 50% point for America, meaning half of America is smarter than the average cop). Shocker, this is preferred for average traffic cops (actual study, some cops are denied because they are too smart). Why, because it signifies lower levels of independent thought. Basically, follow directions and do as your told. AKA hand out tickets and make money for the state instead of thinking to them self, "you know what, that guy is doing 75 or 80 in a 65, but isn't really doing anything wrong or endangering himself or anyone in these traffic conditions, I shouldn't do anything". As a negative side effect it also means emotional involvement instead of intellectual involvement for decision making and doing their job. Basically, they get unnecessarily fired up too easy, like dumb ravenous dogs.

I couldn't hand out bullshiyt tickets because I know I'm hurting a person, and doing so because of money the state wants. Would the state be happier if everyone stopped speeding and was a "safer" place, but didn't have the money because of tickets? Doubt it, they would be happier with more speeding tickets. That's BULLSHI*. It's a f'd up system. Not to mention the reward system and the mentality it causes with cops. The cops in my college town were the lowest of the class probably and assigned to our town, the only way out was to make cases, the bigger the better for advancement, that's a f'd up reward system. There is ulterior motivation to screw people. Same goes for DA's.

Sorry for the mini hijack and long post, but I'm at my limit with this shi*, and everyone else should be too. Good luck with your case.

Seriously, anyone want to get things moving I'm ready, I'll re-post this somewhere else maybe and start a thread on what we can do. It needs focused internet wide and country wide support.

edit- damn, alot of new posts since i started typing, congrats on the dismiss
Yeah, the cops I encoutnered the other night during the stop were very uneducated sorry to say. I'm also sick of seeing people getting screwed for this type of sh*t. I'd say we should start putting this out there. Very good idea.

P.S. Thanks for the congrats guys.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Awful lot of generalizing about all cops being a$$holes in this thread. I've been pulled over 3 times in 3 years since I bought the Z. First one was in my suburbs HS parking lot, just kind of waved me over to ask where my front plate was - no ticket, local PD. 2nd was on a 2 lane state route for going 73 in a 55 - no ticket, county Sheriff. Last one was week ago Sunday leaving Tail of the Dragon south on Rt 28 heading to Myrtle Beach. 85 in a 55, NC State Patrol.Totally my bad and will probably cost me $500 for attorney and court costs (mandatory court appearance). In all 3 cases LEO was totally polite and professional, as was I. Just my $.02 worth, and glad your case worked out for you.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:47 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

What to say in court...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html
Old 11-14-2006, 04:03 PM
lilaznxboi08

yeah its seriously based on the cops mood at the time if hes going to be nice or not, i think that it also depends oh where the cops are from. im from a very safe quiet neighborhood and id assume the cops are nicer, since they have less to worry about. ive been pulled over three times and all 3 were warnings of speeding, and other dumb stuff i was doing. i was recently pulled over for the 4th time by chp and it was totally my fault it was a 150$ ticket and 1 pt. i paid the ticket but ima try n ask the judge to let me take traffic school and not get the point.

Last edited by lilaznxboi08; 11-14-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:27 PM
dragon11689

Yeah, it all depends on the cop. Trust me, I'm not saying all cops are a-holes. I've gotten out of a lot of tickets myself because the cop was cool. It also depends on the location. The location I was in was a city area. So they must not be in good moods all the time.

Quick Reply: Bogus traffic ticket...