Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Bogus traffic ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:21 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bogus traffic ticket...

Me and my friend got pulled over because cops thought we were going to street race. The area is notorious for street racing so I found out. Me and a buddy were goin to get something to eat. First parking lot was full. We went to the second one which was empty. There were 2 cops with 2 cars pulled over. We went to park. Cop says to us: Get the f*ck out of here. So then the other cop says: pull them for their documents. Cop comes to me and asks for my keys and does same to my friend. I have no idea what is goin on at this point. I ask officer politely why we were pulled over. He didnt even give us a chance to park our cars. He told me rudely to not ask any questions and do as I was told. He then came back and asked if I was going to do any street racing. I said no, we were going to just eat here. He told me never to come to this parking lot because it was a place for street racing meets and my car fit the description. I asked him where I could park for the place that I wanted to go to. He then took it that I was trying to be wise with him when in fact I was not. He told me: You tryin to be wise with me you motherf'er. He then told me that he was going to give me my stuff back but not now. He wrote 3 tickets to me and my friend. 2 of which I was not guilty of. Then one for careless driving. I asked him for what. He told me going over parking lanes is careless. He told me to argue it in court. I was not aware that going over parking lanes in an empty lot with no cars was careless. I only went over one lane to park there!. He didnt even let me get into the spot before pulling me over. I'm goin to trial because judge wont grant me a guilty bargain plea that I had because she thinks that it doesnt look like I'm proving to her that I'm guilty. So now I have to go to trial. I was wondering if I could get any advice on this. Im planning on fighting it myself. Thanks in advance guys. I didnt know having a modded car can get you into this much trouble. Jeez.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:34 PM
HighwaySpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

The officer had a bad night or had enough crap dealing with kids before you showed up. So, he took it out on you. Go to court and fight the tickets [A traffic type lawyer would help]. This is my .02 based on what you've said.

"The area is notorious for street racing" is the key phrase.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:38 PM
dragon11689

I also should mention that this would be my word against the cop's. i dont think cop can show proof of what I did. Any chance this can be dismissed? What do you guys think?

Last edited by dragon11689; 11-12-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:44 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

man file a complaint on his a$$ and when u go to court its ur word against his. the chances of winning is 40%. tell the judge the truth politely. also mention the cop was being rude.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:47 PM
trentor

for one, if you have a receipt from the restaurant for that night, take it to court with you. also, get a signed statement from the restaurant manager stating that their main lot often fills up on that given night and the 2nd lot is sometimes necessary. also, make sure to take your friend with you as a witness. wear a suit if you have one.

those things aren't enough to prove anything, but i'll show the judge/jury that you're responsible and give you a better chance. try to get a jury trial if you can.

and yes, take highwayspeed's advice and get a lawyer. make sure to get a credible one. the judges know which lawyers generally defend guilty people.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
trentor

Originally Posted by myZter
man file a complaint on his a$$ and when u go to court its ur word against his. the chances of winning is 40%. tell the judge the truth politely. also mention the cop was being rude.
i agree. definitely file a complaint with the PD before you go to court. take a copy of the compaint with you as well.

also, if you are guilty of one of the charges, make sure to pay it before court.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
HighwaySpeed

Question

Originally Posted by dragon11689
I also should mention that this would be my word against the cop's. i dont think cop can show proof of what I did. Any chance this can be dismissed?
There are several variables...

Will the officer show up in court?

Will the officer have any notes written down from the time that he wrote the tickets?

What will your past record show, if the judge brings it up on the court computer?

The judge's personality and the mood that he/she's in that day/evening?

Your appearance in court [The way you dress/look/act]?

If you have a lawyer, how well he/she presents the case?

Etc, etc.

P.S. Good Luck!

Last edited by HighwaySpeed; 11-12-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:56 PM
dragon11689

One thing I forgot to mention. I apologized to cop if i came across as rude and he said that he was willing to work it out with me in court. So I dont know if filing complaint is a good idea. He was probably having a bad night. People were still racing while we were pulled over. I dont have receipts since we were there for hour and a half and then went home because we were both sick to our stomachs when we got the 3 tickets. Trial is today at 1pm and is probably late to get a lawyer. I know I'm definitely not guilty of any charges. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I just dont want to get burned in court. I plan on telling the judge exactly what happened. I dont know if that will be enough though.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:58 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
There are several variables...

Will the officer show up in court?

Will the officer have any notes written down from the time that he wrote the tickets?

What will your past record show, if the judge brings it up on the court computer?

The judge's personality and the mood that he/she's in that day/evening?

Your appearance in court [The way you dress/look/act]?

If you have a lawyer, how well he/she presents the case?

Etc, etc.
Yeah, I've been contemplating all these things. I hope the officer doesnt show up. Thanks for the good luck. I'll need it.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:58 PM
trentor

did you pay with a credit card or bank card? if so, print off the statement. also, it might be worth your while to go by the place and try to get a similar statement from the manager like i mentioned.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by trentor
did you pay with a credit card or bank card? if so, print off the statement. also, it might be worth your while to go by the place and try to get a similar statement from the manager like i mentioned.
No this was before we went to eat. We ended up going home after that since the whole situation was really a drag for both of us. I didnt feel like eating anything afterwards.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:07 PM
chishifu

wow... that's some ridiculous sht, good luck it court buddy... we're all behind you!

ChiShi
Old 11-12-2006, 11:10 PM
dragon11689

Originally Posted by chishifu
wow... that's some ridiculous sht, good luck it court buddy... we're all behind you!

ChiShi
Thanks man
Old 11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

Originally Posted by chishifu
we're all behind you!

ChiShi
Said the Greek guy to the guy in front of him, in the prison shower room.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When pulled over by a traffic cop, there are only 2 things that you should say:

Yes Sir.
No Sir.

If you are smart, get a lawyer and don't say a damn thing in court.
If you are dumb, stand before the judge, whine about the cop having a bad night, and make lots of excuses.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 AM
jrforrester

i saw u were from jersey, so im gonna take a stab at this and say you came over to philly and was at the mcdonalds shopping center across from the strip club and gas station on delaware ave...

Everyone parks there until they get chased out, then goes over to holstein or 61st street to race.. its known NOT to go in there late at night with a nice care unless you want trouble...

If im totally off, well then haha sorry, but it just sounds like the right spot...

-peace
Old 11-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Xx SiFaKa

I had something similar happen to me like this. A mustang was riding my @ss and a cop was hiding in a shopping center and I was at a red arrow making a right. When the arrow turned green I took off slowly to see if the @ss whole was still going to tail gate me and when I seen he was I just floored it to the top of 1st gear then just slowly started to gain speed in 2nd. Then I see that the mustang has slowed down a LOT, right as I see that I see the cop fly past the mustang and ride my @ss for 20 seconds then I get pulled over.

He tells me I was doing 51 in a 45? I was actually going 48 but he needed a reason too pull me over so he just lied. I had a friend with me and had him look at the digital gauge before he pulled me over because it was so obvious I was about to get pulled over.

So he comes up on the side window and says, "What's the hurry?" Me- "Hurry?" me- "I was going 48, in a 45?" Then proceeds to tell me that I'm I’m lying. After I get the ticket yada yada yada.... I see him in court a month later and he said, "Julian sisneros came to a light then raced a mustang and spun his tires violently on public roads. I caught up to him then followed for approximately 1/4 mile." It was complete and utter bullsh!t so once the judge heard that it seemed he didn't care what I said. So he tells me that the cop could have took my license so I should be happy for just paying the $139 ticket. I told him that later on after I was free to go the mustang driver slowed down and let me catch up then said, "Sorry about that man!" He new he had instigated the situation so he felt like an idiot. I told the judge then he looked at me weird and said, "Was he your friend" Me "No?" judge "Why would he tell you that then?" me "Because I guess he felt bad for driving the way he was to try and get me to race?" Then the judge looked at me like I was lying. So he made me pay the ticket.

Yeah I just never got to rant on this so rant finished.

Oh yeah back to your case. If an officer talked like that to me and I new I was innocent I would have gave him a bad attitude back, Even if he was frustrated from the other kids. That's no reason to abuse your authority, and cause problems for an innocent person and try and have them pay tickets because their pissed off.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 AM
neh0209

Wow..that's totally lame. It's never fun to run into a cop who's had a bad night. I was following a friend of mine in a RX-8 one night and a cop pulled him for absolutely no reason..saying he completely crossed a lane of traffic and almost hit his car (which was completely turned off with a random woman with him in the car). He was completely rude to my friend when questioning him and writing the ticket..my friend didn't give him any lip what so ever. We filed so many complaints against his *** it wasn't funny. The ticket got dropped after all that.

I hope everything turns out ok for you without a lawyer and all. Hopefully the cop will be in a better mood, and just make sure to be straight-forward with your story. Best of luck.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:35 AM
savvy

you should have spoken to him exactly like he was to you, that's complete crap. The fact that the first thing the cop said was "get the *** out of here" is completely out of line, and even after that he still kept swearing at you. I hate ****** like that
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Z_rican

I hate cops like that. I hate most cops. Good luck, keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Bogus traffic ticket...