Old 11-14-2006, 09:27 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
LMAO...that is crazy
Old 11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Kurru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a lawyer. get the "power tripping" cop fired, and win ur case. it will only set examples to the other cops to chill the **** out and stop abusing their power.

**** cops these days.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:18 PM
918 Z

Originally Posted by sentry65
now wait a minute, cops don't have jurisdiction over parking lots. It's considered private property. Get the owner of the property involved. Does he press charges for someone going to eat at a place on his property because you drive a sporty car and drove across some parking lines?

We all know that no owner wants street racers goofing off on his property cause he might somehow end up be liable or have to repair any damage caused there, but nothing out of the ordinary was going on there when you were parking to eat.

The cop may have probable cause to pull you over and make sure you're not drunk or to give you a warning, but a ticket for it is a little extreme even though he MAY be within the confines of the law to do so.

police do have jurisdiction on a parking lot....its not up to the owner. as long as a lot is accessible to the public(not including ur driveway) then they have every right to pull u over if u break the law or appear to be suspicious.

ive been pulled over numerous times for bull****, usually if u r respectful they will let u slide if ur really not doing anything wrong. sometimes we r at a place where cops are *******s, we in the car community experience more then ever bc we put ourselves in a lot where people do stupid ****. they do the same thing some of us do, we generalize all of them. we say all cops are *******s and they say all of us who drive modded cars are punks. so it goes hand in hand. my stepdad is a cop and my gf's dad is a homicide detective so if u guys have any questions as far as tickets and police issues please let me know. also, if u see a cop, say hi. i did this once and 3 weeks l8r got out of a ticket bc the same cop pulled me over. and if they are completely out of line, file a complaint. my own stepdad filed a complaint about a highway patrol officer for being an ***. so file ur complaints but keep them legit. my suggestion: dont go to places where ppl are known for being street racers. if u see someone at ur meet being an idiot, handle it b4 the cops do. they appreciate that more than u would think.

so yeah, any police questions, u can ask me and ill try to get u an answer asap. just make sure u tell me the whole story so i can get u a good response
Old 11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
NightRida

I think our best friend would be the DVR in car camera system!
Anyone have a link to a reasonably priced one?
Peace!