Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

dealership dilemna

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:30 PM
djscotty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealership dilemna

took my car to the dealership to find out what was making noise in the dash and i come to get the car this evening and they put the front license plate bracket on the car as well as drillin to wholes in the front of the bumper. I am pissed, they said that they can take it to the body shop and have them cover the wholes and i told them i dont want it painted but a new bumer, he said hell talk with the manager tomorrow and see what he can do. I dont know what to do any advice would be of help thanks sorry for the long rant
Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

Do you actually own the car or were you buying it through them? If you already owned the car make them fix it, and fix it proper. Too bad they did't TT it too.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:38 PM
zstreet86

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i bought my car it had the front bracket on it so of course the first thing i did was take it off. the holes are still there but i'll leave them just in case i get a ticket so i cant put the plate and bracket back on. that way i can take a picture and show it to the judge and get it dismissed. i know in some states you dont have to have a front plate, and if thats your case, then i would definately make them fix it right
Old 11-15-2006, 04:51 PM
KaiserSoze

seeing as how they pretty much vandalized your car, they should be made to get you a whole new bumper. they'll probably screw up a respray and you'll more than likely still be able to see where the holes were if they tried to "fix" it. I would definitely be demanding a new bumper.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
HighwaySpeed

Question

Did the dealer find out what the noise was?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
djscotty

not really they said they used foam to seal the rattle which didnt impress me to much. I asked for a new bumber and they said they would still half to paint it which is not what i wanted. If they are going to fix mine, im going to ask to have the emblem shaved as well. This just sucks though
Old 11-15-2006, 09:27 PM
ericjackson

the hell with that. i would want to know what DUMBAS$ did that. you seem like the kind of person that doesnt like confrontation. but now is the time to start. dont let people **** on you like that. if i were you i would not walk out of that place without a new bumper.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:19 AM
haulass350

Originally Posted by ericjackson
the hell with that. i would want to know what DUMBAS$ did that. you seem like the kind of person that doesnt like confrontation. but now is the time to start. dont let people **** on you like that. if i were you i would not walk out of that place without a new bumper.

I fully agree. Dont let them walk over you. Its there **** up not yours.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:33 AM
djscotty

a little update, the guy from the dealership calls me and says the only thing that they can do is spot paint the wholes in. I told him no way in hell is he going to do that and i told him that i still want a new bumper, he says hes going to have his manager call me which hasnt happened yet. Im kind of just lost what can you actually make them do. Im with out a car for five days now they said they cant give me a rental car im lost. thanks just venting
Old 11-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Brocken

Why can't you drive your car?
Are they just little screwholes? or did they really mess it up?
I just got a new black car and unfortunately it already had the plate frame on there with drilled holes. But, I removed the plate holder and the screws and you have to be darn close to notice there are holes in the bumper.
Not saying that you shouldn't be pissed but does it really need a new bumper for that?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Deftones

C.V. is what exactly? Castro Valley? Central Valley? I'd like to know what dealership did this without even asking beforehand. It still is California law to have both front and rear plates, although I see ALOT of cars running around without front plates on. But for these guys to just go ahead and do this to your car without your consent is just BS. I'd be pissed... ask for monetary compensation rather than body shop work though. Chances are you are going to get a fix-it ticket for it sooner or later, better to have it done and have a lil green to show for it than to do it yourself later and stuff. Unless they did it all halfassedly... then yeah... get the new bumper.