Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Condescending Z Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 06:26 AM
iceagetlc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Condescending Z Drivers

I am a pretty sociable person, so I always take it upon myself to atleast attempt a conversation with another rarely seen Z driver in my area.

Saturday night in a walmart parking lot, I spotted a silver frost 350z, like my own, and a friend and I decided to park there before heading in.

Something already didn't seem right about this guy, as when I got out, I realized his front passenger seat was completely stacked with clothes and trash, and he was stuffing groceries into the already clogged rear. The guy already seemed like a tool.

He noticed my car and nodded, and I asked him if he lived in the southern area of town since another silver frost Z had been honking at me lately.

He said no, and he complimented my friend's completely custom bodied 240sx who parked beside us.

I asked him how he liked the Z, and he shook his head, "I don't."

I didn't know what to say. Obviously he was wishing for more cargo room, so I can only guess he wasn't there when he bought it.

He said, "I came from a camaro ls1 with $9,000 worth of work put into it."

I figure that means he's a car guy, so I felt safer asking if he had anything done to the Z.

"No, it's just a car."

Typical response of someone trying to sound like they have better things to do, too bad he just admitted he dumped a ten-spot in an already fast car.

At this point I can tell he's either trying to be a douche bag because I'm alot younger than him with a cleaner Z and more work done, and wants to brag about his old car and how much the one that I happen to have sucks, or he really did just buy a car he didn't like. Either way, his loss. I made sure he heard the piping of my borlas as I left.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Xoulrath

Weird.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:36 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i hate when i pull up next a z, look over to say whats up, yet the tint is too damn dark to see if there acknowledging me or not. Granted, my tinit is dark as hell too but @#$. It almsot feels like when you go to give soemone a high 5 and they leave u hanging
Old 12-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Ichigo

sounds like it wasn't his car....
probably his chicks car, he left that super LS1 at home
Old 12-07-2006, 06:44 AM
joegengsta

-.- *yawn* who cares man? everybody comes from different situtation and just because he you have the same car as him doesn't make him really give two ****s about your car. Maybe he did come from a beasty v8 and he regreted purchasing the car... and maybe your friends car is a little rice-tastic... so what? if you don't like what he says, move on.

when i had my 2g DSM, every other dsm guy always came up and wanted to talk and i would have zero interest... I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU just because you have my car, i could give two ****s less... and things like that make me regret i didnt have it sometime.. Same thing with my sti.. i had every ricer fan boy wanting to come up and talk.. oh man, ur sti is soooo fast. .... so what? do i know you? go away!

you have to remember that sometimes when you "had" a seriously moded car, you were often highly respected and sometimes having everyone ride your nuts got super boring, redundant, and very annoying.

Last edited by joegengsta; 12-07-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:47 AM
furiousZ

He must have had a mullet.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:03 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You asked him what he thought about his car, he answered you truthfully that after driving it that he didn't like it. And that he obviously missed his old car and just thought of this car as just a car. I don't see any problems.

This is the type of reaction that makes me answer some people untruthfully on questions just so that they don't get upset or ask me more questions. When a date asked me what I thought about the resturant that she recommended, or when someone as you "How are you doing". I just answer what I think they would like to hear so they don't get upset or ask anymore questions.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:05 AM
joegengsta

^ + elevntybillion
Old 12-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Slopoke

^+elevntybillion and 1

to be honest, to me the Z is just a car, isnt my first isnt the last. its not the best and its not the worst, but its the car i drive at the moment and i happen to love it. point is i bet there are alot of people on this site and owners that feel the same way, its the i love it right now car.....a few years from now, we get bored and move on......
Old 12-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Steve-O Z33

I always get some douche trying to say his Z is stock and that he wants to race. Well, I did when mine looked 100% stock. The guy's car had the RSR exhaust on it. It was obvious and loud. I refused to race b/c he was lying about his mods. LOL. Plus I had just gotten to a car show and paid to get in. He was leaving. The same guy tried to sell me his exhaust another time.
Z drivers are cool around here for the most part. I'll pass them and get a nod or a thumbs up. I passed an older guy in a Z32 the other day and exchanged the thumbs. It's cool when people respect each other for having Z cars. It sucks when people act like it's an exotic or something.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:45 AM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by joegengsta
-.- *yawn* who cares man? everybody comes from different situtation and just because he you have the same car as him doesn't make him really give two ****s about your car. Maybe he did come from a beasty v8 and he regreted purchasing the car... and maybe your friends car is a little rice-tastic... so what? if you don't like what he says, move on.

when i had my 2g DSM, every other dsm guy always came up and wanted to talk and i would have zero interest... I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU just because you have my car, i could give two ****s less... and things like that make me regret i didnt have it sometime.. Same thing with my sti.. i had every ricer fan boy wanting to come up and talk.. oh man, ur sti is soooo fast. .... so what? do i know you? go away!

you have to remember that sometimes when you "had" a seriously moded car, you were often highly respected and sometimes having everyone ride your nuts got super boring, redundant, and very annoying.

Dude you are a complete A hole, the guy just wanted to share a story with us and you rip him apart. If I tried to talk to you and you gave ME an attitude, you would be spitting your chicklets (teeth) out. Didn't your mom ever tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!!" You're probably the douchebag he was talking about, aren't you?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:47 AM
imjdoggie

^ + elevntybillion

I think you should take a trip to Philadelphia with that attitude, we'll definitely show YOU some brotherly love!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^+10000000000000000
I agree 100%

Do you guys get keyed much?

I will be more then happy to speak with other car enthusiasts, especially if they have the same vehicle as I do. Its called being friendly (or some would say, Extravert).
Old 12-07-2006, 02:42 PM
daz311x

Funny because its true! +1
Old 12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
DaveZ06

you should of given him the pimp hand...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:03 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Many 350Z drivers are not enthusiasts. Its something that we must learn to live with.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:08 PM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by davidv
Many 350Z drivers are not enthusiasts. Its something that we must learn to live with.
Bi product of the car being sexy & automatic. Probably not many non enthusiasts rolling around in STIs and EVOs
Old 12-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Destiny350Z

He was a strange cookie! I always greet other Z owners with a big smile or a note under the front windshield wipers!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:16 PM
On Nightfall

I wondered how long I would have to wait before I could use this picture.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

You took your hot date... to a Walmart... in PA... on a Saturday night?

http://home.comcast.net/~majerus-col...lmartnight.htm

LMAO!

Last edited by HighwaySpeed; 12-07-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Condescending Z Drivers