2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

04 Nismo 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 08:10 AM
zerosktz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 04 Nismo 350Z?

Sup guys,
I have a bone stock '06 daytona blue Z and I was thinking about modding it (for looks mostly... wheels, aero kit, plus intake and exhaust etc)... Thing is, I'm kinda clueless on this. Basically I want all Nismo parts (or knockoffs) so that the Z ends up looking like 04 Nismo R-Tune Z...

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Nissan-350Z-R-Tune.jpg

So I'm guessing I need the Nismo Lip, Nismo Side Skirts, and Nismo 19s

What I wanted to know though is, what bumper does that car have? It looks similar to the stock bumper but more aggressive... I'm pretty sure they didn't just change the grille, did they?

Also if anyone knows somewhere I can find all these parts cheap, let me know. lol Apparently on nismoparts.com the whole set of 4 nismo 19s would set me back about $2500, that's why I'm asking. But yeah give me your thoughts on this. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:23 AM
ericjackson

if you want nismo, find a friend at the dealer for the emp. discount
Old 12-08-2006, 09:07 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The numper is a full replacement Nismo Fiberglass bumper cover with different grill area and integrated lip. In US, they just sell a lip to put on the OEM bumper. They do make decent urethane replicas of the JDM bumper, though.

I suggest you do some research in the exterior mods forum before deciding what you want; there are differences between all USDM and JDM Nismo body parts.

The links above are good places to buy.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 AM
zerosktz

Thanks for the thoughts guys. And dave, thanks for those links bro.

I did some research... And according to z1auto.com that aero kit is the Nismo Version 1 kit, which unfortunately is out of production since September this year.
Is the AeroSync bumper the only replica of this bumper? The bumper looks great, the only thing is it lacks the hole for the Nissan emblem... and I'm a bit of a perfectionist. So I guess I'm gonna have to try to find an original somewhere or just brave it and have a Nissan emblem poping out of my AeroSync bumper. lol

Also does anyone know of any replicas of these uh canards (?) on the rear bumper?

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro..._Side_View.jpg

Or is that an entirely different rear bumper? Looks like the stock reap bumper with those canards attached. Looks nice though.

P.S: What's the difference between the JDM and OEM Zs? I know theres an extra light by the Z emblem and different tailights on the JDMs, but that's it. Anyone got pics for comparison?

Last edited by zerosktz; 12-08-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not talking about diff between the JDM and US CARS, talking about the diff between the JDM and USDM Nismo body kits. I described the front end diff. above; the US sides are bulgier (that a word?) than the JDM sides, the US rears are a bit more pronounced and for the wing, the JDM tips rest on the hatch, whereas the US tips do not. You'll have to search for pics.; there are comparison threads around.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:37 AM
UMW350Z

some Jap parts like the headers don't work because of the piping route for right hand drive. Nismo is somewhat overpriced...but so are all parts that come from the dealer. There are no other solid, monoblock, or forged rims that are lighter than the 18" 'nismo' LMGT4's(Axxis reverbs are hollow cored), but they arn't true Nissan parts. Nismo is very good quality, but you pay out the azz for it