Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stop Wrecking Your Z's People.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 05:47 PM
flyzmd80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once the insurance rates get high enough, the kiddies who feel the need to street race will be forced out of the market. It's natural selection. Just take it to the track!!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:08 PM
dbpoet

I drive my Z fast, but only where it's safe and only where I'm not going to get a ticket. Maybe I'm too old (47) but I don't feel the need to prove my manhood or inflate my ego just because some teenager in some ricey Honda wants to race me on a main street in traffic. I paid way too much of my hard earned money for this car to wreck it in some silly street race.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Chris S

Street racing is dumb, and paying for others' stupidity via higher ins. rates sucks...but what else would you expect from a car like this?

It's a beautiful, high performance sports car at a bargain basement price, so of course it's gonna attract younger, less responsible drivers! I've seen the same phenomenon w/ the S2000...just wait till they become a lot cheaper on the used market! If you want to drive a fun w/ a low loss rate, you need something expensive enough to keep the kiddies away, i.e. 911, M3, etc.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:06 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the Z wont be a quarter as bad as the new neon... near the same performance, for 6000 less? gonna be the holy grail of street racing. shoulda made a roll cage a factory option. or a casket.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:00 PM
spf4000

Originally posted by ares
the Z wont be a quarter as bad as the new neon... near the same performance, for 6000 less? gonna be the holy grail of street racing. shoulda made a roll cage a factory option. or a casket.
Or at the least, a free helmet.

As for people having accidents, I think it gets blown out of proportion because people are compelled to write about their accident experience, whereas people wouldn't bother writing a post about how they didn't get into an accident today. "Guess what guys? I didn't get into an accident today!" woudn't make for much of a topic, would it? Considering there are roughly 20,000 350Z's on the road currently, accidents are going to happen. Relax, your insurance premium isn't going to shoot up or anything.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:24 AM
Rob Nance

Default Re: Re: Re: Stop Wrecking Your Z's People.

Originally posted by zeroday
[B]Acura-cl.com for one. They currently have 10,900 members. There are more ACTIVE users on that board. The problem with this site's 15k number is that in order to see any posts here at all here, you have to join. Because of this you end up with alot of inactive user accounts contributing to your numbers. This is not the case at acura-cl.com, all posts are viewable to guests, and therefore registered users have almost all posted something on the site. I'm guessing we have alot of one time hits and trolls in our 15k number.

[B]

I'm a Z owner, and that has NOTHING to do with this site...I have every right to voice my concerns as my insurance rates will be adversley affected due to the extraordinary number of Z accidents.

I've been in two accidents in my life; rear-ended twice (i'm 29). Neither were my fault. I have sympathy for those that get into accidents that were not due to their own negligence. Others that get into accidents racing etc get no sympathy from me. Sorry!

Only thing I have to say about this is that I have seen that one guy who said he was street racing, and the rest were regular accidents. I actually thought there hadn't been as many accident reports here than other car forums. I would also like to point out that the Z is an enthusiast car. I would be willing to bet, if it could be proven, that more Z owners post here on a percentage basis than just about any other car out there. The Z crowd seems to be a very forward thinking crowd, and very curious about their cars and their community. For these reasons you are going to see a higher percentage of people no this forum that actually have the car than other forums.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:18 AM
Bobg

Listen son, this is my third z. I have had a vette ,Porsche, 3 Z's and a slew of other cars.. I preordered my Touring back in May.Take your mom's car back home and leave the site.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:54 AM
zeroday

Originally posted by Bobg
Listen son, this is my third z. I have had a vette ,Porsche, 3 Z's and a slew of other cars.. I preordered my Touring back in May.Take your mom's car back home and leave the site.
Do you live a 1/4 mile at a time BOB? Beheh..you badass...
Old 03-25-2003, 11:45 AM
TriX

I personally hate paying a high premium because 16 yr olds got a nice gift from their daddy and mommy and want to show of their girls they can press on teh accelerator.

I don't get frankly. I understand the performance factor. But is that mean you have to go out there and drive max speed. YOU AIN"T BATMAN!
Old 03-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Inova

i see all these posts about "this teenager, that teenager" but are you absolutely sure that it is only restricted to teenagers? or that only teenagers street race? what about the old guys that own corvettes or vipers that are always up for racing? if you are that concerned with street racing then maybe you should go preach to them about how stupid it is